A gentleman is simply a patient wolf. Wolves (H) 12/9

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: A gentleman is simply a patient wolf. Wolves (H) 12/9

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:57 am

^^ It never ceases to amaze me, that mavies always manages a performance against his ex club. Pity about the rest of the season...

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:20 pm

Worthy4England wrote:^^ It never ceases to amaze me, that mavies always manages a performance against his ex club. Pity about the rest of the season...
He has played well in the majority of the 6 games so far
Pfffft.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:40 pm

throwawayboltonian wrote:Fortunate timing with visiting friends and family allowed me to get to this game. I'm on my phone so will be brief but overall thought we were incredibly solid, best I've seen us play for a long time. We made a strong wolves side look very average - afobe and ALF barely got a look in all game. I actually thought ALF was really poor, off the ball movement was terrible all game but he's no longer our player. Derik looks solid, was really impressed. His reading off the game, heading, interceptions were all top class and he more than once cleaned up Prince's mistakes. Wilson and moxey kept their wide men quiet too.

Wellington was lively but he had a tendency to take one touch too many trying to dance around his man meaning an opportunity was lost. Feeney was good too, limited but always tries and actually worried his defender. Danns was all over the pitch prior to injury, a trier, but I missed exactly what caused his injury. Concussion I think? Mavies was truly a cut above, pulled the strings for virtually every attacking move and on more than one occasion he danced through their back line, on one occasion beat 4 men. Vela did well when he replaced Danns.

Respectfully disagree with PT re Madine, the way the ball sticks to him is impressive and he has good link up play but with his lack of confidence he gives up a little too easily and hesitates through on goal atm - I felt he really grew into the game in the second half and had some good chances. Genuinely think he will come good once he has a goal or two. Clough I think was a waste of space. I really like him but penalty aside he did sweet FA. Good on the ball, nippy, always looking to attack but with his stature he loses out on 50/50 chances and gets moved off the ball too easily. He's too easily marked out of the game and teams have figured this out. Will say though, I admired the way he marched up confident as Larry and grabbed the ball for the pen. Absolutely no hesitation for it and knew he'd put it away.

Overall I thought the individual and team performances were great, but standout performers for me were Derik, Mavies (my motm), Amos (numerous top quality saves) and Prince ignoring a few mistakes that Derik cleaned up. Could very easily have been 3 or 4-1 us if heskey and Madine finished their chances.
I'd agree re ALF but thought Afobe looked much more dangerous. He gave Derik a pretty hard time physically and in the air but he stood up to it very well. I'd still bring Dervite back on tues against that beast of a striker nuhui.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:58 pm

^^Dervite out injured for a while according to Lennon's post match interview. Ankle ligament problem.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:59 pm

Alf, he once was ours but not anymore, I have him a clap at the start and then realised what a diving moaning little shit he is.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:11 pm

jaffka wrote:Alf, he once was ours but not anymore, I have him a clap at the start and then realised what a diving moaning little shit he is.
But who cares, cos we stuffed it up those Wolves cnuts arses!!!

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:13 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
jaffka wrote:Alf, he once was ours but not anymore, I have him a clap at the start and then realised what a diving moaning little shit he is.
But who cares, cos we stuffed it up those Wolves cnuts arses!!!
:oyea:

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:33 pm

Worthy4England wrote:^^ It never ceases to amaze me, that mavies always manages a performance against his ex club. Pity about the rest of the season...
He's had a good season.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:34 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Jugs wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:I'd argue that even if we put good crosses in it won't help if he keeps mistiming his jumps so badly. Also the chance that came across the box to him was a sitter on an absolute plate. He's getting service and wasting it!
It was a good chance and he should have done better with it.

Again, though, he needs more higher balls. Our crossing is pretty woeful, let's admit it. Wellington put at least two crosses out for a goal kick yesterday.

We all need to get behind him though because he's pretty much all we've got at the moment. If fans start getting on his back, it'll be counter-productive as his head will drop (I think it's already dropping). Hopefully, he can get out of this rut because we need him firing.
Don't think anyone was getting on his back. He does need to do a fair bit more though in terms of holding the ball up and being a target man.
They were mate, where I was they were.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:34 pm

Would we reconsider signing him at the end of the season if Wolves don't take up the offer?
Pfffft.

NiceHotCuppaTea
Promising
Promising

Post by NiceHotCuppaTea » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:47 pm

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:49 pm

Jugs wrote:
He's had a good season.
He's done ok, in parts. I'd hardly call it a season, yet.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:24 pm

He's done okay in parts - blimey, is that your very underwhelming, somewhat miserly assessment of him so far this season?

He's done okay at times and offered absolute quality at the other times. Barely gives the ball away, often finds a man in space, leads as a captain, holds back when he has to, gets forward when he has to. Was impeccable in setting Dobbie up for the goal against Forest, and his marauding runs towards the end of the game yesterday were sublime.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:38 pm

He's also getting stuck in.

He has a good attitude as well, I like him.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:06 pm

jaffka wrote:He's also getting stuck in.

He has a good attitude as well, I like him.
Yeah, I was meant to mention that too.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:28 pm

He's doing well but you cant but wonder how long him being on the pitch will last.

Reall shame about mjallby cos the defence is looking good. He's even turned Moxey into a full back.

Also pleased Feeney scored. Gets a lot of grief from our fans and I love it when he gets reward for his effort.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:26 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Jugs wrote:
He's had a good season.
He's done ok, in parts. I'd hardly call it a season, yet.
Bet it feels like a season to him already with how many games he's done!!

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:29 pm

Problem with Mavies is that people have come to expect those spectacular dribbles that when he doesn't do them often people think he isn't playing well, but I think people forget that he tends to do all the basic shite pretty well.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:41 pm

According to the stats, over the season so far Davies has our highest pass-success percentage (89.3%), our highest average number of passes per game (46.8 - a full 10 passes per game clear of the next-highest, Dervite) and our highest number of accurate short passes per game (39 - next is Danns on 29.2 and Vela on 29).

So he passes short, he passes often and he passes accurately. It's not a bad start.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:49 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:According to the stats, over the season so far Davies has our highest pass-success percentage (89.3%), our highest average number of passes per game (46.8 - a full 10 passes per game clear of the next-highest, Dervite) and our highest number of accurate short passes per game (39 - next is Danns on 29.2 and Vela on 29).

So he passes short, he passes often and he passes accurately. It's not a bad start.
He could be a good player. I get frustrated with him when he does his disappearing act - probably because I expect more of him. If he manages to last the season, it'll help us.