What a hoot - Sheff Wed (H) 15/09/15

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Re: What a hoot - Sheff Wed (H) 15/09/15

Post by jaffka » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:50 am

That wasn't great and at times frustrating. We just didn't seem to be switched on and their high pressing tactics worried us.

Ben Amos for me our best player. Which is quite telling.

More options needed up front, which is going to be quite difficult as we are at best at a stand still with this lack of investment.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:18 am

LeverEnd wrote:
twilight wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
twilight wrote:
We need more pace in the team or the team need to get a bit pacier, even those aging ballroom dancers at half time were faster than our players

:lol: :oyea: :oyea: Guess who was one of those ageing ballroom dancers...?
RESPECT Tango :pray: ! :)
FFS! If I'd known I'd have struck up a Tango chant. Instead I used my beer token and ranted at BP. fair play though, kept that under your hat. How was it?
I thought it looked like Tango out there, whilst you were paying a visit, but the camera never really got close enough to him again for me to check.

Shit match, but the pre-match tapas was bang on! :pray:

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:21 am

Peter Thompson wrote:IMO yet again Feeney was bloody awful - I'm still shocked that anyone with a football brain rates Feeney.
Out of interest, who would you have in the team instead of him?
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:24 am

We need a couple of players in desperately. Nolan and a striker. Can't keep going with Madine because it is costing us points all the time. The goals scored or lack of has become a real issue. Let's face it we were lucky to sneak a point yesterday. Game should have been over inside the first 10 minutes.

Lennons signings look a mixed bag to me. Derik and Prince look inspired generally considering our funds. But Madine looks a stinker and Silva more and more looks a luxury for us, lack of end product is frustrating at times.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:42 am

Steady, that lad has created a third of our goals so far!

I guess last night answers DSB's "where would you play Nolan" question?!

Let's hope Clayton comes back mint.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:10 am

Silva was great to watch - The only player who got me off my seat - A Luxury? I'm not sure - He was the only player who troubled them and he had their fullback "on toast" as they like to say nowadays..

Madine was shocking - So static, that it affected the whole team. He was so easy to mark, brushed off the ball like a pissed up Tim Ream and they thought "you know what, feck it - He's no trouble, let's defend 10 yards higher up" that then killed the space for anyone to do anything of note

Clough grew into the game and was starting to affect it before he went off injured.. Really bad timing.

Man of the Match for me was Moxey. 3 or 4 players went over to their right to have a go at him and none of them succeeded. Wilson defended the back post brilliantly and they got no change out of him when one v one

Back 4 looks like they've been together for year, which is great... Now to sort the rest of it out. Starting with our statue up front
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:10 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lennons signings look a mixed bag to me. Derik and Prince look inspired generally considering our funds. But Madine looks a stinker and Silva more and more looks a luxury for us, lack of end product is frustrating at times.

well - yes - but of course they do - what else would you expect? Just like with Freedman, when you're shopping from the Pound Shop's bargain bucket - you're gonna be blessed with as many stinkers (maybe more) than stars. I suppose we can be happy that his defensive signings have paid off - and look like great acquisitions for the limited cash...

his strikers - Dobbie, heskey and Madine - don't really look like they were such great business... (not in the goals-scored column, anyway)

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:40 am

We have, effectively, got a new defence. Amos, Wilson, Prince, Deri and a revived Moxey. That is easy excellent.

We can only expect cameos from Heskey and when he comes on he does affect a fame. Similar, it seems, with Dobbie ... though he should be able to last a whole match.

The clear concensus on Madina is that he's poor. I'm still hopeful that we can get a player out of him but it's obvious he's the riskiest of the signings right now.

Wellington Silva is a lovely player who has the opposition "on toast". That means that other players can get a greater freedom and also that he will create things to boot (Haa. ). The need for a loan striker is vital though and immediately.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:43 am

That one-two between Silva and Clough in the first half was the best moment of the match

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:44 am

Nicko58 wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:IMO yet again Feeney was bloody awful - I'm still shocked that anyone with a football brain rates Feeney.
Now there you go with your actual "questions", demanding "answers". Andranik, maybe?
BWFC_Insane wrote:We need a couple of players in desperately. Nolan and a striker.
Yep, but Lennon's on record as saying we can only afford one.
Prufrock wrote:I guess last night answers DSB's "where would you play Nolan" question?!
As a static No.10 behind our static No.9 - who we'll have to keep playing because we've spent our last beans on Nolan.

Hmm.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:49 am

Da Silva has skill to burn but has no fecking clue what to do with it, when to release it, who to release it to, nor any recognition as to when others are better placed than him to take a shot on. He's young though, and too enthusiastic. I'm sure he'll learn.
May the bridges I burn light your way

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:54 am

He's a bad diver too.. First half when he pretended to be struck in the face, I got pissed off and screamed to him to "fvckin get up"

I think once he finds his feet and settles, he'll win us matches.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:13 am

Nicko58 wrote:
When Clayton returns, I would have him on one side & Silva on the other with Feeney on the bench

If our aspirations are to just avoid relegation, then Feeney is adequate - 1st 10-15 mins on Saturday he was fine, but then reverted to type as he did last night, if we are to improve as a side with any consistency and look to move up the table then its only my opinion but Feeney is neither good enough or consistent enough.

Again it doesn't mean I'm right, its just my personal opinion....

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:14 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:Da Silva has skill to burn but has no fecking clue what to do with it, when to release it, who to release it to, nor any recognition as to when others are better placed than him to take a shot on. He's young though, and too enthusiastic. I'm sure he'll learn.
not having seen him live... is he better than, say, the raw Hall when we first had him?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:44 am

thebish wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Da Silva has skill to burn but has no fecking clue what to do with it, when to release it, who to release it to, nor any recognition as to when others are better placed than him to take a shot on. He's young though, and too enthusiastic. I'm sure he'll learn.
not having seen him live... is he better than, say, the raw Hall when we first had him?
About 5 fold.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:48 am

bobo the clown wrote:
thebish wrote:
About 5 fold.

5 times better than Hall? well - i suppose beggars can't be choosers! :D
Hall was briefly very popular on here when he first arrived... the manager got some stick for not including him IIRC...
Last edited by thebish on Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:49 am

boltonboris wrote:He's a bad diver too.. First half when he pretended to be struck in the face, I got pissed off and screamedway to him to "fvckin get up"
That wound me up as well. I had exactly the same reaction. We've got an honest team and I don't like it.
They need to get the ball to him earlier and more quickly. It was too pedestrian and by the time they played it out to him the defenders were back and he had to try to beat 2 or 3 to do anything. Too predictable .

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:51 am

He's stronger than Hall. End product wise though, it's a wash for me at the minute.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:57 am

I like Wellington & he will get better the more games he plays

His end product will improve if & when we ever get a striker or forward players with pace & movement - it must be so frustrating for him playing with such static forwards like Madine & Heskey who rarely make runs in behind the defenders.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:00 am

Peter Thompson wrote:I like Wellington & he will get better the more games he plays

His end product will improve if & when we ever get a striker or forward players with pace & movement - it must be so frustrating for him playing with such static forwards like Madine & Heskey who rarely make runs in behind the defenders.

he can't wait for the opportunity to feed Nolly! :D