If carlsberg did transfer threads.....This would be it!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: If carlsberg did transfer threads.....This would be it!

Post by Andy Waller » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:17 am

LeverEnd wrote:Trying and failing for Emnes is like deciding to lower one's standards in Bolton Ritzy at ten-to-two, and then getting blown out anyway.
Even though you know it's probably for the best the next day, it's depressing.
I know.

Surely that's a great result??

Hang on, blown OUT you say? Sorry, I mis-read it...
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:44 am

Iles' write-up is online. Emnes was the player for whom both clubs had agreed a loan, then the player's agents quibbled over cash. We asked about Anichebe but he wants to stay at WBA. Now chasing a third striker, unnamed (Samaras?). Then quotes from Lennon - still believes in Madine but needs another striker, Woolery and Thomas have been training with the seniors all season but aren't quite ready and this isn't the time to blood youngsters.

(Sorry for lack of direct quote pasting but it's a right arse-ache on the ipad.)

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:53 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Iles' write-up is online. Emnes was the player for whom both clubs had agreed a loan, then the player's agents quibbled over cash. We asked about Anichebe but he wants to stay at WBA. Now chasing a third striker, unnamed (Samaras?). Then quotes from Lennon - still believes in Madine but needs another striker, Woolery and Thomas have been training with the seniors all season but aren't quite ready and this isn't the time to blood youngsters.

(Sorry for lack of direct quote pasting but it's a right arse-ache on the ipad.)
Hmm, I remember one manager getting dogs abuse for saying that
Sto ut Serviam

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:29 am

Is Amichebe even in the WBA 25 man squad ? It's a poor show but sums up what was written about him yesterday.

I do thing Woollery deserves a bench place. Who knows till he's tried ?
Last edited by bobo the clown on Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:39 am

I'd be happy with Samaras. For me the priority has to be someone who can lead the line. Yes we need a goalscorer but the chances of finding one are slim. And even if we found one would they be able to play up front on their own or would we still have to play Madine?

We need a target up there who does more than Madine is. Anichebe would have been decent football wise, though given the thoughts about him on here probably a good one to miss.

I don't get the idea behind Emnes at all, but I suppose it isn't happening anyway.

We need a big lad who brings others into play, because right now the ball doesn't stick enough and it doesn't bring our midfield into the game enough. Samaras is a hot and cold player but I think he could do that if he is fit of course.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:02 am

I think he's looking at 4-4-2 which is more doable with Clough out
Sto ut Serviam

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:25 am

CAPSLOCK wrote:I think he's looking at 4-4-2 which is more doable with Clough out
Possible, but that flat old system doesn't brilliantly accommodate Mark Davies.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:33 am

352 it is :)
Sto ut Serviam

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:41 am

CAPSLOCK wrote:352 it is :)
You're a bad man, CAPSLOCK... :evil:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:44 am

:lol:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:00 am

Heh! Let's try it this very weekend, with (in absentio the suspended Derik and injured Dervite) a half-fit Wheater, a vomiting Prince and either young Finney or a displaced Moxey to ruin his recent improvement. What's the worst that could happen? :lol:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:15 pm

all gone quiet today then... :?

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:18 pm

Nixon wrote:BOLTON. Vetokele at Charlton top of the wish list. Shocked if he will be available all the same.?
https://twitter.com/reluctantnicko/stat ... 6490779648" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Vetokele joined Charlton last year for £2.4m from FC Copenhagen. He made 33 appearances that season and scored 11. He's only 5 foot 8, so not sure we'd get much aerial presence out of him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igor_Vetokele" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:26 pm

HMX wrote:
Nixon wrote:BOLTON. Vetokele at Charlton top of the wish list. Shocked if he will be available all the same.?
https://twitter.com/reluctantnicko/stat ... 6490779648" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Vetokele joined Charlton last year for £2.4m from FC Copenhagen. He made 33 appearances that season and scored 11. He's only 5 foot 8, so not sure we'd get much aerial presence out of him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igor_Vetokele" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

1 in 3 is better than what we've got! I've never heard of him though!

is the aerial game really our strength? have we abandonned the whole idea of playing it on the deck? Clayton, clough (ok - injured), Mavies, wellington.. all players who can play with the ball at their feet... also - feeney and dannzy...

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:29 pm

He started really well and then seemed to disappear IIRC.

Whether or not you want to go long you need some sort of physical presence up top. If they're tiny and can't head it they need to be incredibly busy. Dunno if he's that.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:31 pm

thebish wrote:
HMX wrote:

is the aerial game really our strength? have we abandonned the whole idea of playing it on the deck? Clayton, clough (ok - injured), Mavies, wellington.. all players who can play with the ball at their feet... also - feeney and dannzy...
Agreed. I was just going off what Lennon said recently:
“But aside from that I need another physical one at the top end of the pitch because we’re not getting enough out of Gary Madine at the minute.”

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:52 pm

Prufrock wrote:Whether or not you want to go long you need some sort of physical presence up top.
Aye, like Clough and Le Fondre type of thing.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:57 pm

Remind me how well we did after ALF signed, again?

18 points from 20 games was it?

Sounds splendid!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:04 pm

Thank you for spelling it out.

I tire too easily. :wink:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:21 pm

thebish wrote:
HMX wrote:

Lennon said about 18 times last weekend we need to add some physicality up front.

His words. I think we do need a target man if Madine carries on as poorly as he is.

It is fine having small players up front but we struggled with Le Fondre as our main striking option towards the end of last season as it is hard to play in that way unless you have a really good midfield. We don't. Our better results IMO were when Craig Davies was up top.