Will we open up to the Hove's fitness? Brighton 26/9

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Will we open up to the Hove's fitness? Brighton 26/9

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:37 am

Seen the goals around on a few reports and Madine's header was a cracker, directed right down into the corner. With Stockdale in such good form it had to be very good to beat him. Lennon's reaction is surely just what Bolton fans need to see. The Gulls manager is wailing about the red card being unfair and costing them the game. Wonder if he'd have thought that if it had been on one of his players on the end of it?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:44 pm

I listened to the game yesterday and thought we should've won! I've just watched the extended highlights and i know we should've!!

Madines disallowed goal should've stood. I thought Madine was outstanding, that goal will do him a world of good.

Roll on the next one.
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:45 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:I listened to the game yesterday and thought we should've won! I've just watched the extended highlights and i know we should've!!

Madines disallowed goal should've stood. I thought Madine was outstanding, that goal will do him a world of good.

Roll on the next one.

certainly hope so!! COYW!!!

NiceHotCuppaTea
Promising
Promising

Post by NiceHotCuppaTea » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:45 pm

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:33 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:I listened to the game yesterday and thought we should've won! I've just watched the extended highlights and i know we should've!!

Roll on the next one.
We definitely had more than enough chances to win. For periods Brighton looked like they could walk through us too. Strange game. Both sides justifiably probably feel they deserved more than a point.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:45 pm

Where was Lawrie Wilson? Dropped or injured?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:46 pm

jmjhb wrote:Where was Lawrie Wilson? Dropped or injured?
Lennon was very critical of him after the Huddersfield game and suggested he would be dropped. He also said when he signed him that he saw him as more of a back-up than a first choice> I don't think we'll see much of him as long as Pisano is fit. He's done ok apart from that one game though.

chester white
Promising
Promising

Post by chester white » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:53 pm

Roll on the next one.
Would like to see the Madine disallowed goal again. It was offside rather than for a foul on the keeper which was hard to tell from the NSL. Anyone else able to shed any light? :conf:
The Sherpa Van Trophy! We've won it one time!

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:59 pm

Madine wasn't offside
Sto ut Serviam

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:21 pm

chester white wrote:

Roll on the next one.
Would like to see the Madine disallowed goal again. It was offside rather than for a foul on the keeper which was hard to tell from the NSL. Anyone else able to shed any light? :conf:

Agree with Caps! and it certainly wasn't a foul.
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Post by enrdentw » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:25 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:
chester white wrote:

Roll on the next one.
Agree with Caps! and it certainly wasn't a foul.
Was just about to say; it definitely wasn't a foul. I turned to my brother immediately as it was chalked off and said... Must be offside as that wasnt a foul.

My only observation that hasn't been mentioned thus far on here is that Pisano lacks a bit of pace and that could be his undoing. He had a shakey start and then settled OK. He was absolutely spent towards the end. Worked his socks off.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:30 pm

That header from Madine was excellent!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:28 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:Lose one, draw some, lose one, draw some. There's a point to be had from this game. Mystery striker to score.
Does the Goal Machine count as a mystery striker? :D
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:06 pm

Pisano was the fastest player in Serie A for the last 3 or 4 seasons. He lacks a bit of pace? :lol:

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Post by enrdentw » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:40 pm

jmjhb wrote:Pisano was the fastest player in Serie A for the last 3 or 4 seasons. He lacks a bit of pace? :lol:
Never in the memory of man. Source?

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:08 pm

enrdentw wrote:
jmjhb wrote:Pisano was the fastest player in Serie A for the last 3 or 4 seasons. He lacks a bit of pace? :lol:
A childs video game, obvs
Sto ut Serviam

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:13 am

CAPSLOCK wrote:
enrdentw wrote:
:lol:

Soem Italian interviewed by the BN thinks he's fast. Interested to watch him soon, missed the game for a stag do.
Gunby certainly believes Pisano has plenty to offer, and not just in defensive positions but also as an attacking full-back.

He said: "His nickname is ‘the little bomb’ due to the great pace and strength that is within his deceptively small frame.

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Post by enrdentw » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:25 am

LeverEnd wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:
enrdentw wrote:
:lol:

Soem Italian interviewed by the BN thinks he's fast. Interested to watch him soon, missed the game for a stag do.
Gunby certainly believes Pisano has plenty to offer, and not just in defensive positions but also as an attacking full-back.

He said: "His nickname is ‘the little bomb’ due to the great pace and strength that is within his deceptively small frame.
He got beaten for pace a number of times on Saturday in a few 1v1 chases.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:23 am

I didn't go on Saturday; I was on a bus checking Flashscore for updates. The last time I checked was 90+4 minutes and it was still 1-2. So I gave up. Then my dad texted me to say we'd equalised. Brilliant! Great header, I'm chuffed for Madine. Great to see Lennon running down the touchline to celebrate, too.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:07 am

Based on Saturday which was his first game, so lets make a huge allowance, Pisano looks fine. He's nice and tidy on the ball and always overlapping.

Defensively I think there may be some questions asked further down the line but given it was his first game he did well.

I still fail to see how he significantly improves us as a side over and above Wilson but that is a different story....