If carlsberg did transfer threads.....This would be it!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: If carlsberg did transfer threads.....This would be it!

Post by Sponge » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:18 am

Well, we're starting to see what 'the best in Scotland' gets you, so I'm not sure it's any great loss.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:14 am

Marc Iles with an interesting piece on transfer funds and lack thereof. Interesting in that there aren't many quotes, but then you wouldn't expect there to be unless it descends into civil war between Lennon and PG/ED.
I’ve never been told why [there’s no money]. It’s just a lack of revenue. There’s not a lot I can control. But we need a little bit of help. I think that’s apparent after what we saw [at Ipswich].

Players need to look at their own level of performance and ask themselves: ‘am I earning my corn here?’ On the basis of that, the answer is no.

I’ve spoken to them quite coldly and told them the truth. Whether some of them are good enough at this level is a question mark. Can I change it? No. I have to work with these players. But I expect more than I am getting at the moment. They are capable of better.

I find it unacceptable to see my players get out-muscled and out-worked. It is not a reflection of me as a person, as a player or as a manager. It’s not what I want from my players.

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:30 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Marc Iles with an interesting piece on transfer funds and lack thereof. Interesting in that there aren't many quotes, but then you wouldn't expect there to be unless it descends into civil war between Lennon and PG/ED.
I’ve never been told why [there’s no money]. It’s just a lack of revenue. There’s not a lot I can control. But we need a little bit of help. I think that’s apparent after what we saw [at Ipswich].

Players need to look at their own level of performance and ask themselves: ‘am I earning my corn here?’ On the basis of that, the answer is no.

I’ve spoken to them quite coldly and told them the truth. Whether some of them are good enough at this level is a question mark. Can I change it? No. I have to work with these players. But I expect more than I am getting at the moment. They are capable of better.

I find it unacceptable to see my players get out-muscled and out-worked. It is not a reflection of me as a person, as a player or as a manager. It’s not what I want from my players.
Although there are other factors to our poor form, such as team selection, formation & tactics; he sounds as frustrated as the rest of us with player performances.
Anyone who watched Arsenal capitulate at Bayern last night will know that once confidence is gone, so is the game. That's been happening to us too many times this season. We go one down and heads drop, players lose the will to chase and win the ball back, & when we have the ball, too many players are hiding, in fear of receiving it.
Sounds like NL is telling all his players to HTFU.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:13 pm

There is a good reason why there ain't no more money coming in and there won't be until or if the club is sold.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:05 pm

I think the BN are trying to sensationalise nothing here. "I don't now why we've got no money to spend, It’s just a lack of revenue"

Ermm so you do know why?

Everyone knows why. It is very simple, for years we spent more than we earned, subsidised by Eddie. Eddie doesn't want to invest anymore and hence we need to reduce our outgoings to a level commensurate with our incomings. If anyone doesn't know that they must be living on the moon or be a bit thick.

Nobody knows why Eddie isn't investing anymore, but does that matter? No.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:11 pm

Il Pirate wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Marc Iles with an interesting piece on transfer funds and lack thereof. Interesting in that there aren't many quotes, but then you wouldn't expect there to be unless it descends into civil war between Lennon and PG/ED.

Although there are other factors to our poor form, such as team selection, formation & tactics; he sounds as frustrated as the rest of us with player performances.
Anyone who watched Arsenal capitulate at Bayern last night will know that once confidence is gone, so is the game. That's been happening to us too many times this season. We go one down and heads drop, players lose the will to chase and win the ball back, & when we have the ball, too many players are hiding, in fear of receiving it.
Sounds like NL is telling all his players to HTFU.
Problem is, that's been happening for a very long time now :?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:32 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:I think the BN are trying to sensationalise nothing here. "I don't now why we've got no money to spend, It’s just a lack of revenue"

Ermm so you do know why?

Everyone knows why. It is very simple, for years we spent more than we earned, subsidised by Eddie. Eddie doesn't want to invest anymore and hence we need to reduce our outgoings to a level commensurate with our incomings. If anyone doesn't know that they must be living on the moon or be a bit thick.

Is it possible that going into the start of the season Lennon wasn't aware of how much restrictions there would be on his spending, negotiating contracts etc? I can't help thinking Madine, Heskey and Dobbie were bought more as stop gaps, squad members pending us landing someone like Le Fondre. Now a couple of months in and he's pretty much being told there's nowt left.

If so, I can see him walking before Xmas
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:49 pm

Agree HG, poor results, frustration, public criticism of bosses all point to some sort of mutual consent scenario. If so we need an experienced lower league turd polisher.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:01 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:I think the BN are trying to sensationalise nothing here. "I don't now why we've got no money to spend, It’s just a lack of revenue"

Ermm so you do know why?

Is it possible that going into the start of the season Lennon wasn't aware of how much restrictions there would be on his spending, negotiating contracts etc? I can't help thinking Madine, Heskey and Dobbie were bought more as stop gaps, squad members pending us landing someone like Le Fondre. Now a couple of months in and he's pretty much being told there's nowt left.

He's not hard done by. He's wasted the money he's had on players he won't even play. He said at the start of the season that he knew the financial situation when coming here but that he thought wed surprise people and he targeted the play offs. Since then he's singed several further players.

He's changed his tune only because the results are dire and his signings look poor.

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jetsetwilly » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:46 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

Ermm so you do know why?

He's not hard done by. He's wasted the money he's had on players he won't even play. He said at the start of the season that he knew the financial situation when coming here but that he thought wed surprise people and he targeted the play offs. Since then he's singed several further players.

He's changed his tune only because the results are dire and his signings look poor.
Exactly. He didn't sign the likes of Madine to sit on the bench. He knew this was his budget being used up and he felt that this dross would be good enough, despite not being good enough for other teams in this division and the division below (Dobbie)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:54 am

Neil Lennon says 'I've got a problem at right back'......

http://m.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1394 ... _quandary/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good god!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:24 am

He won't be rushing Brattan in.
It’s a big step even from the u21s to the Championship but you have to do it bit by bit. He will work with the fitness coaches to get him near the level of the first-team boys and after that we will have a good look.

We haven’t been able to bring a midfield player in at all since we have come in because we have had such a plethora of midfield players at the club.

He is really the first we have brought in and it’s not a big expenditure or a big signing. It is just a player we would like to have a look at.

City contacted us and then we did some homework on him. It was an offer of a player to get some experience for him and to help City out. It’s good to have a relationship with Man City – I know some people there.

Watching him in training, he can handle the ball. He just needs to work on his physicality – obviously his fitness levels are down compared to the rest. It is not costing the club a penny so it’s a no-brainer. But he will need to get accustomed to the pace of English football compared to the A-League.
Bit rude to Barry Bannan, Simeon Slavchev, Giles Coke and Filip Twardzik, but there you go. Nice that it's a freebie - cheers City.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:26 am

From today's pre-match press conference -

@OfficialBWFC: NL: "We're actively trying to bring a player in before tomorrow. There's a chance something could happen."
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:27 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:Neil Lennon says 'I've got a problem at right back'......

http://m.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1394 ... _quandary/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good god!

He's losing his shit.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:30 am

Sponge wrote:

Good god!
He's losing his shit.
This quote from that story gets me:
"It wasn’t the kind of game I wanted to play Pisano – it was going to be physical and we needed a good head at the back."

What the feck? Talk about failing to maximise our transfer kitty. Every last tight penny gone and we've got a fecking Right Back for every occasion (or, seemingly, not).

SETTLED. BACK. FOUR. FFS.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:52 am

He is starting to sound like he's losing the plot a bit.

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:57 am

Dr Hotdog wrote:
Sponge wrote:

Good god!
He's losing his shit.
This quote from that story gets me:
"It wasn’t the kind of game I wanted to play Pisano – it was going to be physical and we needed a good head at the back."

What the feck? Talk about failing to maximise our transfer kitty. Every last tight penny gone and we've got a fecking Right Back for every occasion (or, seemingly, not).

SETTLED. BACK. FOUR. FFS.

Totally. And what's his problem with Wilson? I seem to remember everyone being full of praise for him at he beginning of the season.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:58 am

Wilson wasn't spectacular; he was a steady eddie, which is what Lennon himself said. No idea why he's out of favour and yet Derik, who he's been publically critical of, and who is also not a RB, is in favour.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:06 am

Wilson .... I've liked what I've seen .... then again I didn't see those games where we caved. He seems to have got the blame for those collapses. I did wonder, as he looked so competent, how Pisano would get a game once he arrived & got up to speed.

I didn't think Pisano wouldn't get a game because he wasn't physical enough or didn't have the "right head" (???)

To have the pair of them available but shoehorn two non full-backs in (& them not playing well) is a bit worrying.

Prince has his naive moments but is a proper talent as is Derik. With Dervitte and Wheater available too then there should be a surfeit of talent available. Defence should NOT be out issue. At this level we have the talent and ability to sort that out.

I blame Twilight for harassing our Swede so much he went home !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:11 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:He won't be rushing Brattan in.
It’s a big step even from the u21s to the Championship but you have to do it bit by bit. He will work with the fitness coaches to get him near the level of the first-team boys and after that we will have a good look.

We haven’t been able to bring a midfield player in at all since we have come in because we have had such a plethora of midfield players at the club.

He is really the first we have brought in and it’s not a big expenditure or a big signing. It is just a player we would like to have a look at.

City contacted us and then we did some homework on him. It was an offer of a player to get some experience for him and to help City out. It’s good to have a relationship with Man City – I know some people there.

Watching him in training, he can handle the ball. He just needs to work on his physicality – obviously his fitness levels are down compared to the rest. It is not costing the club a penny so it’s a no-brainer. But he will need to get accustomed to the pace of English football compared to the A-League.
Bit rude to Barry Bannan, Simeon Slavchev, Giles Coke and Filip Twardzik, but there you go. Nice that it's a freebie - cheers City.
Blimey, he really is losing it :shock: Hopefully, he recovers soon.