New Wanderers Book.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

New Wanderers Book.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:51 pm

JusT noticed this in the B.N.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/140 ... _football/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Gudnib
Promising
Promising

Re: New Wanderers Book.

Post by Gudnib » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:33 am

I remember reading Percy M Young's book way back when and used to have a copy of Nat's book Goals Galore. I think I gave Nat's book away years ago and often thought I would like to read it again. But I do have a copy of Wartime Wanderers which reminded me of the story of Harry Goslin related to me as a young boy.
One of Harry's children, Bob, became a senior policeman and as Assistant Chief Constable for South Yorkshire was on duty at Hillsborough for an FA Cup semi-final in 1981. There were problems of crushing at the Leppings Lane end and ACC Goslin instructed on measures to relieve the pressure.
Several Tottenham supporters were injured that day but there were no fatalities.
The chairman of Sheffield Wednesday was strongly critical of ACC Goslin as by his actions he had in effect called into question the safety of the stadium for future big matches.
ACC Goslin left the South Yorkshire force in 1983 and in 1989 at another FA Cup semi-final 96 Liverpool supporters lost their lives at the same end of the same ground.
It is tempting to think that if some had forgotten the 1946 Burnden Park disaster maybe Harry Goslin's son hadn't and was more sensitive to the potential dangers of loss of life when on duty in 1981.

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:10 pm

Dear Santa....
Are we in League 2 yet - Three seasons and we'll be away to Chesham

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:21 pm

Was in Waterstones on Saturday and noticed that Allardyce has brought his book out. I bought I Am Malala instead, Fatty can get fecked!
May the bridges I burn light your way

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:44 am

*duplicate post*
Last edited by clapton is god on Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:44 am

On the subject of books, having a clear out of the old shelves this week and I find two copies of Tommy Banks book, "Ah'm Tellin' Thee"

The one I'm keeping is autographed by the man himself but if anyone wants the second, which is in pristine condition, PM me an address and I'll send it, gratis.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:20 am

not the book - but not worth its own thread..

if anyone is thinking of buying BWFC stuff for christmas for someone, then the club shop has a 15% discount on this weekend, I think...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:25 pm

thebish wrote:if anyone is thinking of buying BWFC stuff for christmas for someone, then the club shop has a 15% discount on this weekend, I think...
"15% off, or £15m the lot, including players and stadium"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:33 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
thebish wrote:if anyone is thinking of buying BWFC stuff for christmas for someone, then the club shop has a 15% discount on this weekend, I think...
"15% off, or £15m the lot, including players and stadium"

:D