Trevor Birch

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Trevor Birch

Post by Riviman » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:55 am

Just thought, where's the money coming from to pay Mr Birch, will it be from PG's wages now that he's stepped down?
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:42 am

according to the Bolton News...

Birch once said of the £30,000-a-week salary of ex-Wanderers defender Tal Ben Haim at Portsmouth: “For a Championship club that’s just crazy.”

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:44 am

again, accorsing to the BN..

The appointment of football financial expert Trevor Birch as a financial advisor to Wanderers this evening is thought to be a big step forward in moving the deal on quickly – with the new owners keen to be in place well before the January transfer window.

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:58 am

Is it just me? It often is I know...
But Portsmouth financial adviser on the CV would strike me about as comforting as;
Pudding Lanes chief Fire Officer, Jeremy Corbyns Head of PR or Navigation officer SS Titanic...

They're not exactly pulling up trees are they?
Are we in League 2 yet - Three seasons and we'll be away to Chesham

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:02 pm

norm the jedi wrote:Is it just me? It often is I know...
But Portsmouth financial adviser on the CV would strike me about as comforting as;
Pudding Lanes chief Fire Officer, Jeremy Corbyns Head of PR or Navigation officer SS Titanic...

On the other hand he did the deal that sold Chelsea to Abramovich.

Our fate rests entirely on someone with suitably large amounts of cash deciding to buy the club. This Birch bloke can't work miracles so if someone suitable is interested the best he can do is try and help the deal along. He seems to have experience of that.

Beyond that I don't see what anyone can do. We are running beyond our means and have to reduce expenditure drastically unless new investment is found.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:03 pm

norm the jedi wrote:Is it just me? It often is I know...

On the face of it, but I think you learn more from failures than successes. If the fella can impart some of that learning then I'm all for it. We don't seem to have been doing too well on our own for a fair time now.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:06 pm

As Bish points out he was appointed as administrator of Portsmouth by the courts. He wasn't anything to do with any failures there.

Think that point needs emphasising.

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:43 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:As Bish points out he was appointed as administrator of Portsmouth by the courts. He wasn't anything to do with any failures there.

Aye fair enough..

My concern was that once they came out of administration they had ended up in league two without a pot to piss in and doing deals with Happy Harry's former signings over wages owed. Ours would appear to be a different situation if he's here to coax Sheikh Yerhandbag or Anatoly Cutyerlegov into investing substantially good luck...

In other news I'm still not forgiving fecking Holdsworth that semi final miss... Broke me heart the kunk
Are we in League 2 yet - Three seasons and we'll be away to Chesham

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:18 pm

norm the jedi wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:As Bish points out he was appointed as administrator of Portsmouth by the courts. He wasn't anything to do with any failures there.

Aye fair enough..

My concern was that once they came out of administration they had ended up in league two without a pot to piss in and doing deals with Happy Harry's former signings over wages owed. Ours would appear to be a different situation if he's here to coax Sheikh Yerhandbag or Anatoly Cutyerlegov into investing substantially good luck...

In other news I'm still not forgiving fecking Holdsworth that semi final miss... Broke me heart the kunk
agreed re. Deano! I was there - and I will take that moment to my grave...

re. Birch - he has held many roles at clubs - I'm hoping that with us it is what the official statement says - he is here for his expertise in negotiating takeovers... I suspect that if there is a takeover - he will become chairman.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:49 pm

Riviman wrote:Just thought, where's the money coming from to pay Mr Birch, will it be from PG's wages now that he's stepped down?
Not sure I'd read he'd stepped down? Did I miss it? Isn't he like any Company employee - on the sick?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:05 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Riviman wrote:Just thought, where's the money coming from to pay Mr Birch, will it be from PG's wages now that he's stepped down?
Not sure I'd read he'd stepped down? Did I miss it? Isn't he like any Company employee - on the sick?
someone on here did say they saw a report that garty had resigned... though that sounds unlikely and hasn't been backed up/confirmed... it might just have been loose talk!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:11 pm

thebish wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
someone on here did say they saw a report that garty had resigned... though that sounds unlikely and hasn't been backed up/confirmed... it might just have been loose talk!
Who said that ?

Fck. He's in the hozzy having had a massive stoke. I doubt he's capable of resigning even if that didn't mean losing his (very considerable) income and probably his Company provided private health care.

It'd be madness, even if he was physically capable of the action.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:14 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
thebish wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Who said that ?

Fck. He's in the hozzy having had a massive stoke. I doubt he's capable of resigning even if that didn't mean losing his (very considerable) income and probably his Company provided private health care.

He was in charge when we signed Trotter,,,,

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:56 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
thebish wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Who said that ?

He was in charge when we signed Trotter,,,,
B@stard. He has a lot to answer for.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:05 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
thebish wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Who said that ?

Riviman did...
Riviman wrote:PG's resignation just been announced on BBC Northwest Tonight.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:20 pm

thebish wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
thebish wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Who said that ?

Riviman did...
Riviman wrote:PG's resignation just been announced on BBC Northwest Tonight.
Well, I demand answers.

It's as unlikely, so soon, as Toby or Rex being allowed to buy into the cattle scheme by Adam in the Archers. It's THAT unlikely, which I'm sure we'll all agree is very unlikely indeed.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:25 pm

As someone (I think also Riviman) pointed out, it's possible/likely that is just an outlet picking up the source from the club and not checking it properly.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:02 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Well, I demand answers.

It's as unlikely, so soon, as Toby or Rex being allowed to buy into the cattle scheme by Adam in the Archers. It's THAT unlikely, which I'm sure we'll all agree is very unlikely indeed.

well - yes - given that Pip has the gig! which is why in the post your questions followed I described it as.. errrr... what was the word? oh yes - UNLIKELY!! :D

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:03 pm

Prufrock wrote:As someone (I think also Riviman) pointed out, it's possible/likely that is just an outlet picking up the source from the club and not checking it properly.

I think that was BWFCi - or Noam Chomsky.. one of them...