The Debt.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Debt.

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:56 pm

Nixon suggesting some potential buyers being ignored. Iles also hints that buyers are being kept in the dark.

Seems a shambles and a shady shambles at that.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:59 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Nixon suggesting some potential buyers being ignored. Iles also hints that buyers are being kept in the dark.

aye - just like you to jump to the conclusion that it is a shady shambles! Birch seems failry honest and up-front to me... if you'd rather take Nixon's word for it - then I guess that's your prerogative!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:05 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Nixon suggesting some potential buyers being ignored. Iles also hints that buyers are being kept in the dark.

aye - just like you to jump to the conclusion that it is a shady shambles! Birch seems failry honest and up-front to me... if you'd rather take Nixon's word for it - then I guess that's your prerogative!
I go off what Iles and Nixon say more than a bloke who rocked up to the club a week ago says in a piece of orchestrated PR.

Frankly Iles is in touch with interested parties who have told him they don't know what the club is on about in this statement. Secondly he has intimated that several seem to have been ignored.

Now Nixon is saying the same thing.

If you want my honest view, I'd trust Nixon over anything from Birch right now, Nixon has little to gain from making stuff up.

Birch has basically just said we are desperate and that no potential buyers can meet 'all criteria'. Not a great bargaining position and a weird statement to make. Iles has said that the interested parties don't even know what these criteria the club has set out are. I believe him.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:06 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:

I go off what Iles and Nixon say more than a bloke who rocked up to the club a week ago says in a piece of orchestrated PR.

ok - like i said - that's your prerogative...

(Iles' and Nixon's vague claims would be pretty much unprovable either way whatever happens... so it's a safe bit of click-bait controversy-stoking...)

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:26 pm

Nixon's a cock. And despite him having little to gain from making stuff up it hasn't stopped him doing exactly that for the last umpteen years.

Anyway with the players not being paid we've not got long to go before all this is resolved one way or the other now.
Businesswoman of the year.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:34 pm

Izuel Regurgitated Placenta, however, begins to look more like Nostradamus as the hours progress...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:50 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Izuel Regurgitated Placenta, however, begins to look more like Nostradamus as the hours progress...
Hardly. Anyone vaguely following this should have realised the tap was gradually being turned off. It doesn't take a financial whizz-kid or a one-track WUM to work out what the likely conclusion is without an injection of significant new funds.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:00 pm

Little Green Man wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Izuel Regurgitated Placenta, however, begins to look more like Nostradamus as the hours progress...
Hardly. Anyone vaguely following this should have realised the tap was gradually being turned off. It doesn't take a financial whizz-kid or a one-track WUM to work out what the likely conclusion is without an injection of significant new funds.
But, but but... less than a week ago we were all being assured that there was no fxcking crisis... that all the money was owed to Eddie... nothing to see, all go home now, stop clogging up the pavements!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:02 pm

Have to say this is feeling pretty desperate now. I mean we came close in the 80's to going out of business. Then again in the 90's, will we have a club to support for much longer?

I'm very worried by it all and I don't mind telling you
Pfffft.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:04 pm

Marc Iles ‏@MarcIles 1 hour ago
PFA chief Gordon Taylor has just told me of #bwfc: "While acknowledging the seriousness of the situation, this is very retrievable."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_Taylor_(footballer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) The Gordon Taylor stand has a nice ring to it
Pfffft.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:09 pm

TKIZ! wrote:Marc Iles ‏@MarcIles 1 hour ago
PFA chief Gordon Taylor has just told me of #bwfc: "While acknowledging the seriousness of the situation, this is very retrievable."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_Taylor_(footballer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) The Gordon Taylor stand has a nice ring to it

noooo!!! we have it on very good BWFCi authority that it is, in fact, a shady shambles!

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:11 pm

There are a few people who think there is something shady to all this, not least because of the timing of Gartside's sudden serious illness.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:14 pm

Sports Shield ‏@SShieldOfficial 5m
Sports Shield's Holdsworth has expressed an interest in acquiring Bolton.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... ude-a-deal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pfffft.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:56 pm

I never know why Marc Lies gets away with so much...he got beaten to the biggest bolton scoop in the padt 5 years by batman and picks up his stories from message boards.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:59 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Holdsworth remains "optimistic", apparently.
I was once "optimistic" that that nice person had put us into the FA Cup Final. :hang:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:35 pm

officer_dibble wrote:I never know why Marc Lies gets away with so much...he got beaten to the biggest bolton scoop in the padt 5 years by batman and picks up his stories from message boards.
Who is this 'batman' people have been mentioning recently? Is this the board's nickname for Nixon? Am I missing something? :conf:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:51 pm

thebish wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:Marc Iles ‏@MarcIles 1 hour ago

noooo!!! we have it on very good BWFCi authority that it is, in fact, a shady shambles!
Can only go by this sort of thing.....Iles doesn't usually rock the boat so I can only assume something appears to be amiss....
little sam
5h5 hours ago
little sam ‏@BallydehobWhite
@MarcIles Do you know what criteria investors not met Marc ?

Marc Iles
Marc Iles – ‏@MarcIles

@BallydehobWhite nope... and nor do they.
7:48 AM - 1 Dec 2015

ROVERS F.C.
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ROVERS F.C. » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:56 pm

Your in a perilous mess indeed twotters!

:shock:
PROUD BLACKBURN ROVERS FC....THE MOST SUCCESSFUL TOWN CLUB IN THE UK

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:57 pm

]
increasingly perilous
I couldn't begin to understand some of the financial arguments on here last week but the consensus seemed to be that administration was an impossibility - it wouldn't make sense for ED to do it.

Given that the situation is described as perilous, what's likely to happen now? :conf:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:58 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:]
increasingly perilous
I couldn't begin to understand some of the financial arguments on here last week but the consensus seemed to be that administration was an impossibility - it wouldn't make sense for ED to do it.

Given that the situation is described as perilous, what's likely to happen now? :conf:

someone will buy the club and it'll all be reet! 8)