Must be nearly Xmas when Slade turns up. Cardiff (H) 05/12

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Must be nearly Xmas when Slade turns up. Cardiff (H) 05/

Post by twilight » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:12 pm

:evil: Right.....I have been trying on the official site to purchase 2 tkts for tomorrow and it keeps saying I am trying to purchase more than allowed!!! Exasperated is not the word

Aanvalluh
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Aanvalluh » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:47 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:A one goal win, a one goal loss and 7 draws.
Fine margins.

Obviously stupidly hypothetical but one extra goal in each of those nine home games would have us in 9th.
I did the sums after the Brentford game and came to the same conclusion. Maybe for Bolton fans the old 2pts for a win and 1 for the draw wasn't such a bad idea!

How many of those home draws could you truthfully say Bolton were on top at the end and - had there been extra time, could have gone on to win? Turn those 7 draws into wins and it's the playoffs.....

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:51 pm

Anyone for a pre match pint?
#Fillthebarnstormers

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:53 pm

Cardiff have been hit by a virus...

easy win!
Manager Russell Slade has confirmed that a virus doing the rounds at the training ground hit plans for Bolton Wanderers this weekend.
In quotes carried by Wales Online from his pre game press conference, it was very much a mixed bag for the week as Cardiff go in search of a return to winnings ways.
Admitting the virus, he did say things were improving now but we did have nine players hit by it over the course of the week, but hopefully all will be back in contention for the weekend.
We also have Brazilian left back Fabio back fit and in contention following the foot injury he sustained - but a late decision will be made on whether to include him or to give him a bit longer to recover and figure only on the bench.
Number 2 Simon Moore, Declan John, Sammy Ameobi, Joe Mason, Aron Gunnarrson, Tony Watt, Stuart O'Keefe and Anthony Pilkington were all named as being amongst the nine - so guesses on who the last one is.
'It was nine of our players, just about, who were hit by the virus. It is a difficult situation to manage of course but the hard part was at the start of the week and fortunately the majority of my players have come through it and are looking likely to be fit for contention at Bolton.'

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:02 pm

Looking at those names there, they've got a strong squad.

I'm looking forward to getting behind the team tomorrow. We desperately need 3 points to lift us. COYWM

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:17 pm

I reckon they'll all be fighting fit and available for the game, so hold up on the get-well-soon cards. If it were our lot I'm sure Cardiff would extend their good wishes, after they had roundly thrashed us of course. Deguello time. :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:03 am

Some bastard has their outside lights up....that's reduced my room for manoeuvre...better get on with it. :-( Yo fcuking ho.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:01 pm

Mentions around are that Moxey may make the team today? Not seen an awful lot of him but I liked what I have. Might be what we need to let Casado go to right back and give Vela a rest. He didn't look at all sharp on Monday.

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:15 pm

Please Santa! Let today be a turning point and bring us a early Xmas present! I find it quite ridiculous how my Clubs current fortunes can affect people's moods..But it just does!

COYWM

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:33 pm

jonnycooper wrote:Please Santa! Let today be a turning point and bring us a early Xmas present! I find it quite ridiculous how my Clubs current fortunes can affect people's moods..But it just does!

COYWM
True is that. Nowt like a home defeat and a trudge home in this weather to have a man look forward to Monday morning. :hang:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Shutt666
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Shutt666 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:36 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Some bastard has their outside lights up....that's reduced my room for manoeuvre...better get on with it. :-( Yo fcuking ho.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:10 pm

Amos, Vela, Dervite, Wheater, Casado, Moxey, Danns, Pratley, Feeney, Madine, Ameobi
Subs: Rachubka, Prince, Spearing, Heskey, Dobbie, Twardzik, Holding

Moxey left midfield in a 4-4-2? Certainly got the Twin Towers up top, so presumably...

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:28 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Amos, Vela, Dervite, Wheater, Casado, Moxey, Danns, Pratley, Feeney, Madine, Ameobi

Moxey left midfield in a 4-4-2? Certainly got the Twin Towers up top, so presumably...

I expect we'll sit in to exploit their pace
Are we in League 2 yet - Three seasons and we'll be away to Chesham

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:34 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Amos, Vela, Dervite, Wheater, Casado, Moxey, Danns, Pratley, Feeney, Madine, Ameobi

Just hope we can bring in a bit of forward-going creative stuff and not just rely on hopeful whacks towards the box. A bit surprised Spearing isn't managing to get in there but we must be planning to get six or seven goals first half then bring him on to defend them later.....right...

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:40 pm

It makes me sad that we've flogged Kellett off and are playing Moxey in that position.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:42 pm

I guess Moxey can cross a ball from the left. Get Casado and Vela overlapping, we've got four who can whip it towards bonces. Danns and Pratley will have to cover a lot of ground but Spearing is an option if one tires.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:47 pm

Vertigo wrote:It makes me sad that we've flogged Kellett off and are playing Moxey in that position.
I had high hopes for him too, but it's not exactly working out for him at Wigan either: he started four games, then dropped to the bench for two, hasn't been in the matchday squad since early October except for an FLT game. He was man of the match in that but still can't get in the matchday 18.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:56 pm

Time for the ever-hopeful COME ON YOU WHITES..... This week we're turning it round, grand style.....cough. :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:02 pm

Trevor Baxter, Chris Price, Wayne Walker and Anthony Axford all sally forth against some bluebirds. We're off. Said bluebirds show some interest and ....and....a bit of scrappy play then we get the first offside whistle after a good cross and a Madine header.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:08 pm

Free kick them and....they get a soft header from it to no avail. Mention of about 16,000 aboard on a really shxt day. And now....bit of mither about other scores then.....a bit more mither..then, we get a deep free kick and...Ameaobi gets us a corner. Vela and....and...Moxey, then Vela and .....a throw to them as his cross rebounds off the corner flag.
They visit but Dervite clears and we go forth for Madine to win a throw. Mutter about a good -looking Whites team, then....Ameobi commits a foul......