To Hull in a Handcart (A) 12/12/15

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: To Hull in a Handcart (A) 12/12/15

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:29 pm

Klutus gets a deep throw. Snodgrass figures but we clear. I know, let's remember we're one down lads. The sally, Prince clears for.....a throw. Mic man say the weather is awful, no argument there. They sally again and....we clear straight back to them before Amos says "mine" and throws the ball into touch as Ameobi leaves for Ivanhoe. Ameobi clutching down below s he leaves, oh dear.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Devon White
Promising
Promising

Post by Devon White » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:31 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Pratley concussed I wonder?
He's been concussed all season....he's been utter shite this season, a complete passenger (as he has been since he got here apart from the 6 months before his contract was due to expire last season), another absolutely ridiculous decision was Lennon making Pratley captain - he's never leadership material, probably the least suitable player to captain in the whole squad - shocking decision by Lennon.
He's on a long list of extremly poor quality players we have had the dipleasure to watch.
Come on whites get an draw at least.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:31 pm

Ref gets the boos and Hull have another fouling session. Gives one in our favour not to the homers delight. Now they have another free and Bury have scored, oh goodie. Ah, Dobbie arrives for.....Vela? .

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:33 pm

Heskey on... sigh.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:35 pm

Heskey on for Ameobi, like for like.

Dobbie on for Vela, presumably Feeney going to the right (wingback? wing?)

Let's hope Dobbie and Davies can cook something up

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:37 pm

Wheater, Prince and it goes to their keeper and ends up with ours. Now we clear and make a bad pass but it ends with Amos. They sally again but Amost is quick and .....Heskey and....he hits a Wigan. Spearing made a great pass but it's all for naught. Davies, Feeney and......Holding, Spearing gives it away as N.L sighs in despair. Doesn't sound like we can pass water as they get another attack option that Prince clears. Hull bring on on another unpronouncable as Apkon leaves.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:41 pm

One shot on target, one!!!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:46 pm

And now. Time for a revival and......ah, there it is, Anthony Axford-good for wood announced by mic man. The homers had a good chance before Heskey and Feeney...... lobs one onto the net roof.

COME ON YOU WHITES.......SOUND THE CHARGE AND GET BACK IN IT. (hopefully) and they get a free kick as mic man asks what's the ref on as he give the homers a chance. And.....twenty five out and.....Snodgrass hits the wall. Holding sets Danns free before Davies loses the ball. To and fro and back and forth and in and out and up and down and....oh, they bring on McGuire for Dawson. Seven mins plus stoppages and....we throw and Ivanhoe flicks it out for a goal kick.
They sen d one all the way across for a throw us as fifteen thousand plus announced .

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:54 pm

Charlton gaining a point and Bristol with three gained today as it stands
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:54 pm

Heskey, Dobbie lashes oneand.....nobody near to cash in. Livermore gets a booking and so does Snodgrass. And....a free us and....Dobbie and....cleared and they break and slip up. Bolton playing like men with no wages. Too many standing around doing f-all is the indication from mic man. We go, Holding, Danns, Dobbie....Feeney....and the keeper says thanks. Some sloppy stuff from then and mic man reports goals from anywhere but here. Come on......Dobbie clashes with Livermore as three mins announced. Handbags swapped and.....a turnstile exodus mentioned and...Amos has it and....wallos it forth. Big Dave whack it to nowhere and ......a Livermore shot gets them a corner off a deflection. And....some time wasting and....they get a free kick and.....a Hull throw. Ivanhoe.....hears the whistle. We lose again. 1-0

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:00 pm

Ah well at least we retained our record:the only one of the 92 without an away win this season.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:10 pm

Given I was expecting a thrashing, this doesn't feel such a bad result!
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:15 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:Given I was expecting a thrashing, this doesn't feel such a bad result!

aye - we drew the second half! :oyea:

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:31 pm

We were much better 2nd half, Spearing improved us without doing anything spectacular. Up front we were woeful though. Ameobi looked like he might have been carrying a niggle from early in the game. Or maybe he was just shit. Feeney was beyond dreadful, to the point where I just felt sorry for him. Totally in the wrong division. The only option was to bring heskey and dobbin on and unsurprisingly it made little difference. Ref gave us lots for when they were just stronger than our lads. No complaints there.
Hull were average at best but we never threatened.
Defence did well but if we are going to play like that we need a game changer up front and we aren't going to get one.
No one wants to see administration but football-wise it would be a technicality because we are going down whatever.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:39 pm

LeverEnd wrote:We were much better 2nd half, Spearing improved us without doing anything spectacular. Up front we were woeful though. Ameobi looked like he might have been carrying a niggle from early in the game. Or maybe he was just shit. Feeney was beyond dreadful, to the point where I just felt sorry for him. Totally in the wrong division. The only option was to bring heskey and dobbin on and unsurprisingly it made little difference. Ref gave us lots for when they were just stronger than our lads. No complaints there.
Defence did well but if we are going to play like that we need a game changer up front and we aren't going to get one.
No one wants to see administration but football-wise it would be a technicality because we are going down whatever.

aye.. so if there is ever a good time to go into admin... this would be it!

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:57 pm

I echo Bruce's sentiment on another thread that Adolf didn't get everything wrong (No, I can't believe I've just written that either). He had defeatists shot. There's no place for you and your ilk here LE!
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:29 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:I echo Bruce's sentiment on another thread that Adolf didn't get everything wrong (No, I can't believe I've just written that either). He had defeatists shot. There's no place for you and your ilk here LE!
I've warmed up and dried off now... And we're still fooked!

Vertigo
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Vertigo » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:10 pm

Well despite how garbage we've been we haven't really been on the end of any drubbings so that a positive. Thanks again tango!

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:20 pm

Vertigo wrote:Well despite how garbage we've been we haven't really been on the end of any drubbings so that a positive. Thanks again tango!

Huddersfield twatted us didn't they?

Anyway. Be reet.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:53 pm

LeverEnd wrote:We were much better 2nd half, Spearing improved us without doing anything spectacular. Up front we were woeful though. Ameobi looked like he might have been carrying a niggle from early in the game. Or maybe he was just shit. Feeney was beyond dreadful, to the point where I just felt sorry for him. Totally in the wrong division. The only option was to bring heskey and dobbin on and unsurprisingly it made little difference. Ref gave us lots for when they were just stronger than our lads. No complaints there.
Did you dissolve? ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way