The Debt.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: The Debt.

Post by twilight » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:16 pm

bobo the clown wrote:^^^^ IF WE WENT INTO ADMINISTRATION THESE ASSETS WOULD BE SOLD OFF ANYWAY, WITH LITTLE OR NO REGARD TO VALUE.

Sheesh, you're hard work.
The blood pressure, Bobo, watch the blood pressure :cry:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:21 pm

Administration is not a "better" option, unless the only option available is a Winding Up Order lodged on behalf of a non- football business ( e.g. HMRC).
If there is no movement by the 17th on the buying front, only then will voluntary administration make any kind of sense. As a last resort. A very last resort.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:33 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote: “We can also confirm that Terry Robinson is now working with the club in a review of all of the club’s operations.
Is he bringing the buckets? :(
I misread it as Tony Robinson. I figured he'd come to look at our strikers with Time Team, see of they were worth owt.

Actually, thinking about it, geo-phys would never find the feckers.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:45 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Come back to my question.

do we have to?? that question has an entire thread of its own!!!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:50 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
It seems to me that we're all hoping to have a takeover in place by Jan 18th, or the wheels of involuntary administration will start to turn. In fact you could argue that they already have, with notice of that court date. So all this is just keeping us going while we try to sell the club.

yes - that's the plain and (it seems to me) perfectly straightforward sense of Birch's statement. It also seems to me that the fact that they are putting so much work into buying this time - there must still be some kind of a viable proposition for the purchase of the club on the table.

so - I'm choosing to take this as good news...

#it'llbereet #trustintrev #trustint'rev

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:05 pm

thebish wrote:
It seems to me that we're all hoping to have a takeover in place by Jan 18th, or the wheels of involuntary administration will start to turn. In fact you could argue that they already have, with notice of that court date. So all this is just keeping us going while we try to sell the club.

yes - that's the plain and (it seems to me) perfectly straightforward sense of Birch's statement. It also seems to me that the fact that they are putting so much work into buying this time - there must still be some kind of a viable proposition for the purchase of the club on the table.

This is how I see it too.

If we end up in administration despite selling off assets to pay immediate bills that is some pretty dreadful feck up.

So I am also hoping this means a takeover is well on the way.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:09 pm

What - BWFCi is now in the it'll be reet camp???? did I read that right???? :shock:

#fallsoffchair

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:11 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:

This is how I see it too.

If we end up in administration despite selling off assets to pay immediate bills that is some pretty dreadful feck up.

So I am also hoping this means a takeover is well on the way.
TIT
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:14 pm

Go on then Plymouth....why are we all TITS !!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:16 pm

thebish wrote:What - BWFCi is now in the it'll be reet camp???? did I read that right???? :shock:

#fallsoffchair
#it'llbebeetroot
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:30 pm

I honestly think we are screwed and the thought crossed my mind, probably totally wrong but could someone not be buying up fire sale assets fairly cheaply, wait until the very last minute then appear as some part of the consortium taking over when in theory there is bugger all left for the creditors if admin happens? So the club becomes theirs on the cheap :conf:
Tin foil hat time, glad it's Christmas plenty in the cupboard :lol:

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:39 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:Go on then Plymouth....why are we all TITS !!

Didn't say TITS. I said TIT - Trust In Trev

Whatever made you think otherwise?
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:41 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Come back to my question. We have sold off assets to help pay wages for our players. For a month. With PFA assistance. Offices sold and hotel leased according to Iles. But apparently we still need to sell players in January to cover other costs.

So what pays the wage bill in January and February?

We won't have any assets left and the value of the club will be seriously reduced. Yet it's debt level will remain the same.

So perhaps someone could explain how this route is going to be better than administration without a very quick takeover?
Seriously, mate. How many times do you need this explaining to you before it sinks in? The assets are worth more now than they are under administration. It isn't difficult, regardless as to how many threads of your own that you care to set up.
May the bridges I burn light your way

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:10 pm

Hoboh wrote:I honestly think we are screwed and the thought crossed my mind, probably totally wrong but could someone not be buying up fire sale assets fairly cheaply, wait until the very last minute then appear as some part of the consortium taking over when in theory there is bugger all left for the creditors if admin happens? So the club becomes theirs on the cheap :conf:
Anybody any idea which offices they are ?. Is it the ones reebok occupied and have those been occupied since they left ?. (their departure being yet another blow that happened to the clubs revenue at probably the worst time it could - b**tards !)

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:17 pm

Hoboh wrote:I honestly think we are screwed and the thought crossed my mind, probably totally wrong but could someone not be buying up fire sale assets fairly cheaply, wait until the very last minute then appear as some part of the consortium taking over when in theory there is bugger all left for the creditors if admin happens? So the club becomes theirs on the cheap :conf:

Wibble. :shock:
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:35 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Come back to my question. We have sold off assets to help pay wages for our players. For a month. With PFA assistance. Offices sold and hotel leased according to Iles. But apparently we still need to sell players in January to cover other costs.

We won't have any assets left and the value of the club will be seriously reduced. Yet it's debt level will remain the same.

So perhaps someone could explain how this route is going to be better than administration without a very quick takeover?
Seriously, mate. How many times do you need this explaining to you before it sinks in? The assets are worth more now than they are under administration. It isn't difficult, regardless as to how many threads of your own that you care to set up.
But they are just being sold to pay off immediate costs. Their value is almost irrelevant in administration as a low percentage of the debt will be paid and then the business is debt free.

Frankly the argument of how much the assets are worth in or out of admin is irrelevant. It would only be relevant if there were options for long term trading under current ownership. But there aren't. The long term trading model is one course of action, a takeover with new owners. That much is established. New owners have to take on existing debt and agree to pay it off. So the more assets that are sold to pay immediate bills the less attractive we become to any buyer given the debt is still there.

So I see it as the longer we sell assets to keep going temporarily with no takeover the worse administration will be if that does end up being the route. Because there will be less for administrators to sell and what they sell to satisfy creditors likely to be even more painful.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:38 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

But they are just being sold to pay off immediate costs. Their value is almost irrelevant in administration as a low percentage of the debt will be paid and then the business is debt free.

Frankly the argument of how much the assets are worth in or out of admin is irrelevant. It would only be relevant if there were options for long term trading under current ownership. But there aren't. The long term trading model is one course of action, a takeover with new owners. That much is established. New owners have to take on existing debt and agree to pay it off. So the more assets that are sold to pay immediate bills the less attractive we become to any buyer given the debt is still there.

So I see it as the longer we sell assets to keep going temporarily with no takeover the worse administration will be if that does end up being the route. Because there will be less for administrators to sell and what they sell to satisfy creditors likely to be even more painful.
FFFFFFFFFFS
How much do you think they can sell off in 19 days? Get a fxcking grip.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:41 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

FFFFFFFFFFS
How much do you think they can sell off in 19 days. Get a fxcking grip.
They've sold off offices and leased the hotel. And appointed someone to sell players.

So I'd say a fair amount.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:47 pm

They are keeping the business going. It would be worse if administration came along. It will be worse if administration comes along. What is happening now is keeping the business going, nothing more nothing less.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Loyal White
Promising
Promising

Post by Loyal White » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:04 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

FFFFFFFFFFS
How much do you think they can sell off in 19 days. Get a fxcking grip.
They've sold off offices and leased the hotel. And appointed someone to sell players.

So I'd say a fair amount.
In the simplest possible terms, selling things off now doesn't make a difference to administration.

Like you've mentioned previously, what we're doing now is an attempt to keep the club going long enough to allow a buyer to come in whilst trying to maintain some sort of continuity.

If the takeover fails, there is less to sell, so those with monies owed may lose out a little from what they would take away now, but if administration happens we don't have £200m worth of assets, so everything is getting sold, whether it is now or in a months time.

That's as I understand it anyway.