Bedsheets, Pitchforks and colours nailed etc.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Bedsheets, Pitchforks and colours nailed etc.

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:10 am

jonnycooper wrote:No need for humble pie LE! If 99% of BWFC supporters were honest,we thought Garty had played a blinder! And look at the shit we,re in,yet still no(Lennon out) thread!It hasn't worked because he isn't as good a Manager/coach as we all assumed he was! He had 4years or so with absolutely no opposition to his Scottish title wins,and most probably a lot of canny coaches around him! Has he now been found out? I really don't want to give an opinion because I want him to be a success here! But as the saying goes! You're only as good as your last job!
What do you mean, still no Lennon out thread? You've just posted on it!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:28 am

Armchair Wanderer wrote:
Dr Hotdog wrote:
jonnycooper wrote:I would argue that Lennon and BWFC had a considerably better squad than Birmingham,he let Kellett and Davies go and signed Madine and Dervite? Very astute!
GUILTY on signing Madine.
NOT GUILTY on signing Dervite. (although he does pick him to play from time to time).
On paper, letting Davies go and getting in a similar player with fewer injuries sounds great to me. Either way, I'm not sure that had a massive impact on anything.

Wasn't it letting Kellett go, signing 100 fullbacks, and not playing them!?

Didn't it start going really bad when that Nordic fellow left? Anything to do with anything?
Gary Madine is in no way shape or form a similar player with fewer injuries to Craig Davies.

Compare their goal records throughout their careers (both relatively nomadic). Nothing in Madine's history makes it looks like he could ever cut it at Championship level whereas Davies was flying for Barnsley in our league when we signed him for £300k.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:44 am

Dr Hotdog wrote:
Armchair Wanderer wrote:
Dr Hotdog wrote:
jonnycooper wrote:I would argue that Lennon and BWFC had a considerably better squad than Birmingham,he let Kellett and Davies go and signed Madine and Dervite? Very astute!
NOT GUILTY on signing Dervite. (although he does pick him to play from time to time).
On paper, letting Davies go and getting in a similar player with fewer injuries sounds great to me. Either way, I'm not sure that had a massive impact on anything.

Didn't it start going really bad when that Nordic fellow left? Anything to do with anything?
Gary Madine is in no way shape or form a similar player with fewer injuries to Craig Davies.

Compare their goal records throughout their careers (both relatively nomadic). Nothing in Madine's history makes it looks like he could ever cut it at Championship level whereas Davies was flying for Barnsley in our league when we signed him for £300k.
Craig Davies was twice the player Madine is - Madine is a League 1 / League 2 standard on a very good day, I can't recall many strikers we have had that were much worse, & that includes the Div3 / Div4 days in the 80's - he's probably in the same bracket as Trevor Morgan.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:19 pm

From my limited memory of Morgan he was a fat lad who wasn't very good but probably did his best. Madine has ability but is just a soft-arsed bottler. (Unless confronted by a defenceless drunk in a club)

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:42 pm

Its a shame lennon wont do the decent thing. But cant say I blame him. Like Coyle, Megson I cannot see him getting another job in this country.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:06 pm

LeverEnd wrote:From my limited memory of Morgan he was a fat lad who wasn't very good but probably did his best. Madine has ability
Correct. Sumo was an awful footballer, he wouldn't get anywhere near a League Two squad these days, but he usually put himself about a bit.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:09 pm

We have a number of players that boast reasonable Premiership experience - Mavies = 80-odd, Spearing = 30ish, Wheater = prolly in the 70/80 mark. Vela, Ameobi, Heskey (I'll give the last two some age related leeway), Pratley 30ish Prem appearances.

From a quick glance, Huddersfield had about half a doz Prem appearances in the entire squad - I could be doing them a disservice they might have a few more.

Who are these fckers kidding that they're Prem players - they're looking like Div 1 players.

We bitch and moan about Feeney, Danns and Madine - players who haven't been near the Prem and aren't going to get there, yet we have half a team with Prem experience that aren't rising to the challenge in front of them. Pathetic.

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:17 pm

Worthy4England wrote:We have a number of players that boast reasonable Premiership experience - Mavies = 80-odd, Spearing = 30ish, Wheater = prolly in the 70/80 mark. Vela, Ameobi, Heskey (I'll give the last two some age related leeway), Pratley 30ish Prem appearances.

From a quick glance, Huddersfield had about half a doz Prem appearances in the entire squad - I could be doing them a disservice they might have a few more.

Who are these fckers kidding that they're Prem players - they're looking like Div 1 players.

We bitch and moan about Feeney, Danns and Madine - players who haven't been near the Prem and aren't going to get there, yet we have half a team with Prem experience that aren't rising to the challenge in front of them. Pathetic.
+1

People moan at these three but they are what they are.

Davies was disgusting yesterday. Amos kicked the ball from his hands late on in the game, he had hold of it for a few seconds and Davies didn't even look. Just turned his back while the ball went over his head.
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:23 pm

I firmly believe that football sides are in sum greater than their parts and the multiplying factor is the spirit imbued by the manager. This side/squad is lacking because Lennon's spirit is a tiny gnarled thing.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:23 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:I firmly believe that football sides are in sum greater than their parts and the multiplying factor is the spirit imbued by the manager. This side/squad is lacking because Lennon's spirit is a tiny gnarled thing.
indeed. this be true.

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:30 pm

Feeney? No world beater,but a darn sight better than a lot in this division! What that lad lacks in skill,he makes up for in effort! He never stops trying to create something,the rest of the squad could learn a thing or two from him! Feeney is the type of character this Club needs right now,and is one of only a very few who deserves to even get paid right now! He wants the ball all the time and doesn't stop trying...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:30 pm

thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:I firmly believe that football sides are in sum greater than their parts and the multiplying factor is the spirit imbued by the manager. This side/squad is lacking because Lennon's spirit is a tiny gnarled thing.
indeed. this be true.
As is its obverse. If the sum is greater than the parts, it's to the manager's credit. If the sum is less than its parts, it's the manager's fault.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:31 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
thebish wrote:
indeed. this be true.
As is its obverse. If the sum is greater than the parts, it's to the manager's credit. If the sum is less than its parts, it's the manager's fault.
indeed - this too be true.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:35 pm

Peter Thompson wrote: Craig Davies was twice the player Madine is - Madine is a League 1 / League 2 standard on a very good day, I can't recall many strikers we have had that were much worse, & that includes the Div3 / Div4 days in the 80's - he's probably in the same bracket as Trevor Morgan.
I think you're being too kind to Madine there, PT, and a bit mean on Sumo. I honestly can't recall another CF we've had who's successfully combined being as shite and as lightweight as Madine. The only header he won yesterday was the one that he put three feet wide of the target from four feet out, which I'd say tells everyone all that they really need to know.
May the bridges I burn light your way

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:51 pm

Worthy4England wrote:We have a number of players that boast reasonable Premiership experience - Mavies = 80-odd, Spearing = 30ish, Wheater = prolly in the 70/80 mark. Vela, Ameobi, Heskey (I'll give the last two some age related leeway), Pratley 30ish Prem appearances.

And Feeney and Danns are probably the hardest workers in the squad! yet seem to get most of the stick!
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:39 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Dr Hotdog wrote:
Armchair Wanderer wrote:
Dr Hotdog wrote:

Craig Davies was twice the player Madine is - Madine is a League 1 / League 2 standard on a very good day, I can't recall many strikers we have had that were much worse, & that includes the Div3 / Div4 days in the 80's - he's probably in the same bracket as Trevor Morgan.
overegging it there PT. I was surprised when Davies was released (partic after he'd helped that couple with the car breakdown) but the injury prone reasoning seemed sound. Probably like you yesterday, I was yearning for someone hold it up or at least make it difficult for their defenders like he did - but in fairness other than his physical prescence, I seem to remember quite a few balls bouncing off him (also think we were spoilt for a few years in that role by a certain SKD). I'd expect more from Madine, but FWIW I still reckon Madine wasnt signed as our main front man - his availability meant he was first in, but I'd argue NL thought that at the time he'd be getting the money for at least ALF.
Btw - C Davies doesnt seem to be ripping up trees down the road - 7 appearances 2 goals !

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:13 am

StaffsTrotter wrote: Btw - C Davies doesnt seem to be ripping up trees down the road - 7 appearances 2 goals !
That constitutes ripping up trees round these parts :wink:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:02 am

StaffsTrotter wrote: Btw - C Davies doesnt seem to be ripping up trees down the road - 7 appearances 2 goals !

indeed... I quite liked Cravies - but he was never really our saviour... absence makes the heart grow fonder methinks...

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:06 am

Indeed, people will be pining for Danns and Feeney when we are struggling in League 2!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:11 am

LeverEnd wrote:Indeed, people will be pining for Danns and Feeney when we are struggling in League 2!
nahh - we'll be pining for the fjordtoft... err... coat