The Debt.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Debt.

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:43 pm

Izual_Rebirth wrote:The issue with if we go into admin as opposed to the likes of Pompey is that we own a lot more assets in terms of training ground \ hotel etc which would possibly be sold off under administration.
I thought you were a long term advocate of us going into Administration?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:53 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Martin_Cruise wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Martin_Cruise wrote:Disappointing, Delay is one of the worst things that could happen.We are still stuck with an owner who won't put a penny into the club and are now more likely to start next season in the 3rd tier with the points deduction.I'd rather have got it over with now.
WTF? You'd rather we'd been wound up?
No, being wound up would have been worse but Id rather have gone into administration today than have it delayed for a few weeks.Going into administration would be the start of sorting this mess out.
Not sure how you think it would help us particularly at this stage of the season without a buyer? We'd flog some stuff off to pay bills maybe at a lower price than we were able to try and get in a marginally more open market (which we're doing or trying to do anyhow), I assume take a 12 point hit (even if it was just voluntary admin).

Admin won't find us a new owner ploughing money in...
Agreed, as we are paying off (or attempting to) the pressing debt anyway, via sale of assets and Eddie is wiping it off, we're essentially clearing the debt as much as possible for new owners anyway.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:59 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Martin_Cruise wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Martin_Cruise wrote:Disappointing, Delay is one of the worst things that could happen.We are still stuck with an owner who won't put a penny into the club and are now more likely to start next season in the 3rd tier with the points deduction.I'd rather have got it over with now.
WTF? You'd rather we'd been wound up?
No, being wound up would have been worse but Id rather have gone into administration today than have it delayed for a few weeks.Going into administration would be the start of sorting this mess out.
Not sure how you think it would help us particularly at this stage of the season without a buyer? We'd flog some stuff off to pay bills maybe at a lower price than we were able to try and get in a marginally more open market (which we're doing or trying to do anyhow), I assume take a 12 point hit (even if it was just voluntary admin).

Admin won't find us a new owner ploughing money in...
The sticking point seems to have been whether new owners have the cash to keep us running til the end of the season, when we can release players. The Sky article states that the £15m figure previously said to be required to get to the end of the season 'has been greatly reduced'. Presumably TB and his firefighting team are doing the job they were brought in to do. It's just frustrating as a fan when it drags on and you're in the dark. No wonder fannies are panicking!

Agreed, as we are paying off (or attempting to) the pressing debt anyway, via sale of assets and Eddie is wiping it off, we're essentially clearing the debt as much as possible for new owners anyway.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:32 pm

Presumably part of the £15m figure included ED's interest and Gartside's not inconsiderable remuneration?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:29 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Presumably part of the £15m figure included ED's interest and Gartside's not inconsiderable remuneration?
I don't think ED is getting any interest per se - there are other payments - think he stopped any interest payment during the last reported accounting period...

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:40 pm

Perhaps I should have included the word hypothetical? As you well know, a lot of the smoke and mirrors swirling around are based on accounting jiggery pokery than concrete monies changing hands (or even ever existing!!).

Its difficult for us bystanders to join the dots on a moving target, or indeed to speculate without the facts in full, but I'm sceptical that it was ever going to actually cost us £15m to run the club as it stood.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:05 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Perhaps I should have included the word hypothetical? As you well know, a lot of the smoke and mirrors swirling around are based on accounting jiggery pokery than concrete monies changing hands (or even ever existing!!).

Its difficult for us bystanders to join the dots on a moving target, or indeed to speculate without the facts in full, but I'm sceptical that it was ever going to actually cost us £15m to run the club as it stood.
I do wonder occasionally how people come to conclusion X or Y, based on no data whatsoever :-) Last year it was costing us £3m per month approx. from the accounts - which is the only thing we have to go on...so if the statement was made November (which I think is when it was first touted) 6 months at £3m a month would be more than £15m.
We believe the wage bill has come down since then, but we have no notion of which Wonga's were due when, in the intervening period that could've pushed cost back in...

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:07 pm

Worthy4England wrote:I do wonder occasionally how people come to conclusion X or Y, based on no data whatsoever :-)
I believe it's fairly easy.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:09 pm

Enoch wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:I do wonder occasionally how people come to conclusion X or Y, based on no data whatsoever :-)
What is your supporting evidence for such a statement?

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:12 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Enoch wrote:
Close on 124 pages of this thread.

Just for starters.

Though it is only my belief, mind.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:14 pm

Enoch wrote:
Don't come the raw a posteriori prawn with us youth!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:17 pm

Enoch wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Enoch wrote:

Just for starters.

Scurrilous. Absolutely scurrilous.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:23 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Enoch wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Enoch wrote:

Just for starters.

Scurrilous. Absolutely scurrilous.
I'm hurt!

I might well be hurt by what that bloke above posted if I looked it up.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:36 pm

Running costs needed were reported as over 1M per month. Then there is the debt that they were looking for an owner to take on. Believe that made up the 15M figure.

I assume that they are reducing the debt any new owner would take on to try and make it more attractive.

Izual_Rebirth
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Izual_Rebirth » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:45 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Izual_Rebirth wrote:The issue with if we go into admin as opposed to the likes of Pompey is that we own a lot more assets in terms of training ground \ hotel etc which would possibly be sold off under administration.
I am. The club should sell off those assets first before going into admin. That way we get closer to what they are actually worth.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:46 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Running costs needed were reported as over 1M per month. Then there is the debt that they were looking for an owner to take on. Believe that made up the 15M figure.

I assume that they are reducing the debt any new owner would take on to try and make it more attractive.
I hate to say this, coz it might be painful to you, the result of a bizarre accident to your mother perhaps when she choked to death on the contents of a misfiring Christmas cracker, but you really have had a humour bypass, haven't you? Chill sometimes, just once a fxcking month.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:49 pm

Izual_Rebirth wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
I am. The club should sell off those assets first before going into admin. That way we get closer to what they are actually worth.
But if we flog off the assets, we might not need to go into Admin...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:03 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Running costs needed were reported as over 1M per month. Then there is the debt that they were looking for an owner to take on. Believe that made up the 15M figure.

I hate to say this, coz it might be painful to you, the result of a bizarre accident to your mother perhaps when she choked to death on the contents of a misfiring Christmas cracker, but you really have had a humour bypass, haven't you? Chill sometimes, just once a fxcking month.

aye - take some advice from the Forum's very own Mr Chilly-chill! :oyea:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:08 pm

thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

aye - take some advice from the Forum's very own Mr Chilly-chill! :oyea:
I'm more chilled than you think. Me nuts are hanging off.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:08 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

I was not replying to anything you wrote. Just to the conversation above that W4E and LK had about the reported costs. I just didn't quote anything.