The non-knee jerking "Where next" thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Re: The non-knee jerking "Where next" thread

Post by seanworth » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:00 am

Would love to see Ricky play left back, this week. Sure Gardner may not be able to play week in/week out but there is no point just keeping him on the bench.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:07 pm

You got your wish!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:59 pm

From the hour-long Sky highlights of the Wigan game, Petrov seemed much better than previously at tracking back to help Robbo. Not impeccable, but better.

As pointed out on the match thread though, he was the last Bolton player to touch the ball before the home team scored. Mind you, they went diagonally through central midfield thereafter.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:01 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:From the hour-long Sky highlights of the Wigan game, Petrov seemed much better than previously at tracking back to help Robbo. Not impeccable, but better.

As pointed out on the match thread though, he was the last Bolton player to touch the ball before the home team scored. Mind you, they went diagonally through central midfield thereafter.
Don't let the highlights fool you, Petrov was poor. He did try and track back, but the rest of his performance wasn't up to scratch. Pulled out of tackles, hesitant on the ball, wasted posession in key areas....

Good job Eagles put in one of the finest individual wide man performances I've seen in a Bolton shirt for a long time on the other side!

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:14 pm

How did Pratley do?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:54 pm

He did okay.. Won a number of tackles, intercepted and played some neat football.. Wasn't spectacular, but he did his job well, which was to press and harrass them into misplacing passes. Which they did. Often
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:27 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:From the hour-long Sky highlights of the Wigan game, Petrov seemed much better than previously at tracking back to help Robbo. Not impeccable, but better.

Don't let the highlights fool you, Petrov was poor. He did try and track back, but the rest of his performance wasn't up to scratch. Pulled out of tackles, hesitant on the ball, wasted posession in key areas....

Good job Eagles put in one of the finest individual wide man performances I've seen in a Bolton shirt for a long time on the other side!
Fine, but I didn't say Petrov excelled, I said he helped Robbo out more. Methinks that might have been one of the key things worked upon in those training sessions.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:07 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Fine, but I didn't say Petrov excelled, I said he helped Robbo out more. Methinks that might have been one of the key things worked upon in those training sessions.
Indeed, and Robbo still was our weak link, too easily beaten.

Bruno3
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Bruno3 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:19 am

Had to laugh at the way Robbo glared at the pitch after Moses had left him for dead as if it had grabbed his feet in a vice-like grip. I was only able to laugh because they didn't score. He was also damned lucky not to give a penalty away when he blatantly pushed Moses just as he was about to cross / shoot - yet nothing was said on MOD.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:27 am

Bruno3 wrote:Had to laugh at the way Robbo glared at the pitch after Moses had left him for dead as if it had grabbed his feet in a vice-like grip. I was only able to laugh because they didn't score. He was also damned lucky not to give a penalty away when he blatantly pushed Moses just as he was about to cross / shoot - yet nothing was said on MOD.
Robbo also got a yellow and gave away a free kick for quite fairly chesting the ball down. Nothing was said about that either.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:48 am

Bruno3 wrote:Had to laugh at the way Robbo glared at the pitch after Moses had left him for dead as if it had grabbed his feet in a vice-like grip. I was only able to laugh because they didn't score. He was also damned lucky not to give a penalty away when he blatantly pushed Moses just as he was about to cross / shoot - yet nothing was said on MOD.

I spotted that! then I thought - did I really just see that?? - then decided I mustn't have seen that because nobody else appeared to have seen it!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:53 am

I don't remember that....

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:56 am

boltonboris wrote:I don't remember that....
I think it was the cross that flashed across the face of goal - towards the end...

Bruno3
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Bruno3 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:59 am

Correct, Bish (as usual)

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:00 pm

Bruno3 wrote:Correct, Bish (as usual)
Arse licker...

:wink:

Still don't remember it!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:15 pm

Yeah, I saw Robbo shove Moses, who definitely had the beating of our left-back. Thankfully, neither he nor his team seemed to realise it, and didn't exploit what is still a weak link. Like I say, I don't dislike Robbo and I'm not saying it for spite or kicks, but either teams are targeting him or his shortcomings are so blatant that it seems that way.

Bruno3
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Bruno3 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:30 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Bruno3 wrote:Correct, Bish (as usual)
Arse licker...
:wink:

Still don't remember it!
Too bloody true - didn't get where I am today Reggie without..... (for those old enough to remember Leonard Rossiter)

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:35 pm

When was the last time robbo coped with a winger? genuine question cos he was alright from memory last season!!!

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:57 pm

officer_dibble wrote:When was the last time robbo coped with a winger? genuine question cos he was alright from memory last season!!!
Motm three home games on the trot last October(?)

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:45 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Yeah, I saw Robbo shove Moses, who definitely had the beating of our left-back. Thankfully, neither he nor his team seemed to realise it, and didn't exploit what is still a weak link. Like I say, I don't dislike Robbo and I'm not saying it for spite or kicks, but either teams are targeting him or his shortcomings are so blatant that it seems that way.
That's where I'm at with it. I genuinely think he gives 100% every game, and tries very hard. He's just not too good at the moment, and I can't see it getting better...