reo coker

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

tripod
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: reo coker

Post by tripod » Fri May 18, 2012 6:23 pm

midlands exile wrote:
H. Pedersen wrote:He will always have a special place in my heart for insulting Craig Bellamy.

:oyea:
X2

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri May 18, 2012 6:32 pm

One season and using his option to be off like a trap hare because we got relegated? Huh, he's no Wanderer. Players like Frandsen, McGinlay, Bergsson etc, still refer to Bolton as "us", they're Wanderers. Hope he finished up at Tranmere.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

the-Bowtun-Warrior
Reliable
Reliable

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior » Fri May 18, 2012 6:34 pm

HM Murdock wrote:I'm glad to see the back of him, i must be blinkered when it comes to Reo-Coker, i just dont see it. If he cared about the club he'd stay and help IMO

Aside from a few good games, i thought he was shite
Couldn't agree more.
Good riddance to the Lad.

Being 'decent' for a few games in a bloody shat team doesn't make him have had a good season. Immobile and neither a defensive mid nor an attacking one for me.

Thanks for the effort - I don't doubt that (effort just isn't enough for me).

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri May 18, 2012 6:36 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:One season and using his option to be off like a trap hare because we got relegated? Huh, he's no Wanderer. Players like Frandsen, McGinlay, Bergsson etc, still refer to Bolton as "us", they're Wanderers. Hope he finished up at Tranmere.
:conf:

can't really see as he's done owt to deserve our ill-wishes... and he did more than most in terms of effort and "fire" to try to stave off relegation...

can we not just wish the lad well? is it really necessary to slag him as he leaves?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri May 18, 2012 6:46 pm

thebish wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:One season and using his option to be off like a trap hare because we got relegated? Huh, he's no Wanderer. Players like Frandsen, McGinlay, Bergsson etc, still refer to Bolton as "us", they're Wanderers. Hope he finished up at Tranmere.

can't really see as he's done owt to deserve our ill-wishes... and he did more than most in terms of effort and "fire" to try to stave off relegation...

can we not just wish the lad well? is it really necessary to slag him as he leaves?
Bish. There's always a bit of tongue in cheek in these things.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri May 18, 2012 7:01 pm

thebish wrote:
Had this been evident on the pitch in terms of endeavour, rather than simply by way of lip service via the columns of the Evening News then I might agree.
May the bridges I burn light your way

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri May 18, 2012 7:13 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
thebish wrote:
Had this been evident on the pitch in terms of endeavour, rather than simply by way of lip service via the columns of the Evening News then I might agree.
is that your tongue in Tango's cheek again??

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri May 18, 2012 7:32 pm

thebish wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
thebish wrote:
Not sure why you're being so sanctimonious anyway? We owe him nothing, he only did a season and he was well paid, and now he's chosen to opt out. Goodbye then.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri May 18, 2012 7:37 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
thebish wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
thebish wrote:
Not sure why you're being so sanctimonious anyway? We owe him nothing, he only did a season and he was well paid, and now he's chosen to opt out. Goodbye then.
I don't think it is "sanctimonious" to have the opinion that we should simply wish him well and move on without the need to slag him off...

he was well paid - and - yes - goodbye. (but no need to wish ill of him - is there?) :conf:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri May 18, 2012 8:10 pm

thebish wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
thebish wrote:
Nope. That's ITFK Fact-a-ruby with no comebacks, no nowt! 8)
May the bridges I burn light your way

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Fri May 18, 2012 8:32 pm

Could it be argued that NRC is actually doing the right thing here? I'm not sure of the details of his release clause but it seems he is taking himself off the wage bill immediately. The dick move would be to collect wages in the off-season and then cancel the contract in August if a PL team comes calling.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Fri May 18, 2012 8:40 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Thanks are due to Nigel. If only others had shown his commitment last season. Good luck to him finding a club.
Commitment in sounding off to the local press making out like he cared when all along he'd be the one least affected by relegation? Where's this commitment now, eh? :conf:

I hope that the square-headed feck can't find a club, so nerr!
And there was me thinking I was the only one with that thought.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Fri May 18, 2012 8:54 pm

NRC has been are best player this season IMO

For me he was the only one who seemed to give a shit all the way through the season weather on the pitch or off it

His best match for me was Liverpool at the reebok the guy was immense

He put in some real energetic and passionate performances and played through injury when he could hid behind it

I was glad when we signed him and im sad to see him go for me he will always be welcome back

We would of been relegated alot sooner than the last day if we haven't of had him

He won't have trouble finding a prem club
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

lovethesmellofnapalm
Reliable
Reliable

Post by lovethesmellofnapalm » Fri May 18, 2012 8:56 pm

thebish wrote:

of course not. didn't get the RC love in during the season and cant stand the little fecker now. i wasn't even that impressed with the Bellamy gig- classless and cheap (its not like by criticising Bellamy he was courting unpopularity)
energy? he always looked shagged out after 60 mins.
he can feck off
"A child of five would understand this- send someone to fetch a child of five"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri May 18, 2012 9:45 pm

ok - guess the boo boys have it... well done Tango and co! I concede defeat...

NRC is clearly a c*nt and can f*ck off and you hope his career goes down the pan...

nice! 8)

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Fri May 18, 2012 9:49 pm

It's not a competition though is it, Bish?

My personal opinion is, he didn't give a shit....why else have a relegation release clause?

Added to that, I've always (personally) thought he was a very average player.

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Fri May 18, 2012 9:56 pm

NRC was an average player in a bad team. He's a mercenary who came for the best deal he could get and will now go to the best deal offered to him.
Nowt wrong with this, as sadly the majority of players are the same these days. Don't wish the lad any harm, but won't welcome him back if he plays at the Reebok in future. Fans of other clubs he's played for seem to have the same opinion.
Born to be a Wanderer!!
Some say Wisdom comes with age, I may be the exception !!

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Fri May 18, 2012 10:04 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:Could it be argued that NRC is actually doing the right thing here? I'm not sure of the details of his release clause but it seems he is taking himself off the wage bill immediately. The dick move would be to collect wages in the off-season and then cancel the contract in August if a PL team comes calling.
Got to agree with this. There'd be people moaning on here saying he's a money grabber if he decided to see out his last year on Premier League wages with us.

I didn't really rate Reo-Coker while he was with us, he was OK but looked better than he actually is because of the crap players around him. You can't knock him for moving on, you can't expect him to fall in love with the club and never move on, especially as he still just about has enough to hack it at a Premier League club.

Put yourself in his shoes, if you were at QPR for a season and got relegated, being a Bolton supporter would you stick around? Would you bloody hell, you'd go off to another club and play at the highest level. He's a southerner, why would he want to stay in the north playing in the Championship?

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat May 19, 2012 7:58 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
ohjimmyjimmy wrote:Ah i see.
Apparently Coyle was not impressed with Nigel's attitude......
I'd guess the feeling was mutual
Sto ut Serviam

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat May 19, 2012 8:40 am

Coyles "tactics" plus injuries meant he was ran into the ground. Just like Muamba the season before. Last 3 matches he could hardly walk!

Thats enough evidence for me. Another season of that but at a lower level? Cant say I blame him. And if he doesnt want in nothing Coyle could do now...he needs to replace him (and Fab) with two athletic battling midfielders though if its going to work.