'He's mad that trusts in the tameness of Wolves'. Wolves - H

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: 'He's mad that trusts in the tameness of Wolves'. Wolves

Post by twilight » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:07 pm

Disappointing that Wolves drew by a lucky goal, but we are fighting for a mid=table spot, we will not be relegated under Lennon. Shame about Pratley though we are really unlucky with injuries

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:09 pm

I'd have taken a point beforehand. That's over 20 years since they won at our place. A pity we didn't hang on though, we'd have finally got into the top half.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:34 pm

Big shout out to the webmaster at the BBC in charge of our match page today who thought it's be a laugh to have a picture of a smug smiling Louis van Wanker at the top of the page throughout the game. Cheers mate.
Businesswoman of the year.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:13 pm

The game is all about opinions but personally I thought that it was a poor performance throughout, apart from Zach Clough's 5 minute spell....Clough was the best player on the pitch.

Our midfield is poor, IMO Danns was rubbish but not alone, Feeney even worse, he was shocking....I could name 6 or 7 who I thought were poor, we were however very good at passing backwards though.

ALF was decent, but lacked support because our midfield couldn't be bothered to venture over the half way line so he was very isolated - wonder strike for their equaliser, One of the worst performances for me since NL took charge, we didn't have the same urgency and pressing as in the earlier games and when Clough went off we had zero creativity.

Bringing Moxey on to play on the left side of midfield was baffling

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:13 pm

Bollocks.

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Post by danardif1 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:20 pm

Is Clough too good to leave out from now on then?

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:28 pm

danardif1 wrote:Is Clough too good to leave out from now on then?
Compared to the rest of our players certainly - we have an awful lot of average players who just do enough, our energy levels today where poor and as I said earlier the amount of time we just passed backwards or to the keeper had to be seen to be believed.

Clough is energetic and creative, out of interested does anyone know the last time we had a player who scored 2 in a game, because I can't recall.

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Post by danardif1 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:32 pm

I think the team is a bit tired at the moment... we have played a very high-energy style since Neil has been in and with a useable squad that's quite small that will take it's toll at certain points.

I just wanted to see if he was the same livewire that he was in his debut, because that's something we need, and there seems to be quality to go with his energy.

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Post by danardif1 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:33 pm

Mason's hattrick is the answer to your question as well.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:46 pm

danardif1 wrote:Mason's hattrick is the answer to your question as well.
Thanks....

A few hand bags after the game with the WSL and Wolves....looked like dads & women fighting with Wolves, as we came out of the ground. The Wolves lads where pathetic to be honest most were at least mid fifties bouncing about, and from what I could see dads & women gave as good as they got - not sure what started it though, it could have escalated later though as the ESL lads came around - lots of police looked like a few got nicked, not sure from which side as it was hard to tell.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:00 pm

Lenny's Law of Rising then Diminishing Returns (ppg-watch)

October 2014, ppg=1.5

November 2014, ppg=2.5

December 2014, ppg=1.6

January 2015, ppg=1.25

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:09 pm

Jugs wrote:Bollocks.
Care to give a bit of a rundown Jugs? Commentators' views were a bit different from P.T'S, so could we have yours?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:23 pm

Wheater was decent, played well - Dervite not so....

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:56 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:After reading that Wolves website, I'm hoping we get a late controversial winner that they can still feel bitter over 20 years later.
It'll be your fault then. :roll:
May the bridges I burn light your way

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:00 pm

Just got back in.

It was a good enjoyable game, with both sides playing some good football. They had good pacy attackers that caused our defenders problems.

That first goal they scored, it doesn't appear anyone else has mentioned it but for me Lonergan totally to blame. A long punt forward which eventually bounced in the box, our defenders left for dead with his pace and Lonergan is dream world.

Dervite wasn't at his best and was at times indecisive.

Zac Clough though what a talent.

Always disappointing to concede a last minute goal that means a defeat a draw but it was one hell of a goal.

Lennon not happy though with their goals and again saying that we have to get some more players in.

It was fecking cold as well.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:12 pm

Agree with all of the Jaffka's comments above. Just back from the game myself and +1 on the coldness.

Need new players in before the end of the window to try freshen up the team. Thought Le Fondre had a decent enough debut, unlucky not to score with his volley
Pfffft.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:47 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:The game is all about opinions but personally I thought that it was a poor performance throughout, apart from Zach Clough's 5 minute spell....Clough was the best player on the pitch.

Our midfield is poor, IMO Danns was rubbish but not alone, Feeney even worse, he was shocking....I could name 6 or 7 who I thought were poor, we were however very good at passing backwards though.

ALF was decent, but lacked support because our midfield couldn't be bothered to venture over the half way line so he was very isolated - wonder strike for their equaliser, One of the worst performances for me since NL took charge, we didn't have the same urgency and pressing as in the earlier games and when Clough went off we had zero creativity.

And my opinion is the same that it's always been. You're taking the piss.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:51 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:The game is all about opinions but personally I thought that it was a poor performance throughout, apart from Zach Clough's 5 minute spell....Clough was the best player on the pitch.

Not at all just my honest assessment and opinion - but you carry on if it makes you feel better

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:52 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Not at all just my honest assessment and opinion - but you carry on if it makes you feel better
Then you haven't a fecking clue what you're on about. Feel better? ;)

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:02 pm

Think thats called playing the man not the ball Bruce.

FWIW I didn't think it was a great game, two mid table teams playing out a fairly scrappy encounter. Slightly flattered by 2-2, as neither team created much by way of decent attempts on goal - did their keeper make a save.

After a poor start - not sure who was most to blame between Ream, Dervite and Lonners - thought we had the better of the first half without looking dangerous until young master clough popped up with his couple of bits of quality. But then for whatever reason we surrendered the initiative and particularly in the 2nd half started to sit back. Having said that I can only remember them having 1 good chance which was wasted into the side netting and their equaliser was just a fantastic strike.
Just a couple of other observations. Thought Ream and Moxey combined well down the left. Why does Ream take so long on throw ins - it was probably those that led to the 5 mins added