A happy No Non Sense new year! - Huddersfield (H) 02/01/16

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

palindromeofbolton
Hopeful
Hopeful

Re: A happy No Non Sense new year! - Huddersfield (H) 02/01/

Post by palindromeofbolton » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:01 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Feels like Twardzik, Dobbie etc are as much pine-riding space-fillers as Rachubka.
If we've got a solid pine subs bench we need to get it on ebay lively.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:03 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:I didn't need to check. Everyone knows it.
Might get that made into a t-shirt for you... :D

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:04 pm

twilight wrote:I have to ask this...for anybody who went today. Were the players putting effort in, like they did against Blackburn? Or was it like the Rotherham match?
Played very well for the 1st 20 mins, very encouraging but then they played abysmally for the remaining 75-80 mins - that 2nd half performance was shocking & yes it was spineless.

Lennon is absolutely clueless & the players just didn't want it at all after the 1st 20 mins - no effort, interest or desire a complete lack of character & leadership on the pitch. I think that's it for me now until something changes at the club, 2nd half was dire the players just were not interested, they played us off the park in the 2nd half - continually running through us in central midfield.

Lennon has zero plan B, he doesn't know how to change a game if we go behind. Pratley was an absolute disgrace IMO, appalling in fact - just jogging back all the time, he's either not interested or he's unfit, Vela was shocking as well, Clough had a poor game as did Madine.

Credit where its due but I thought that Feeney was our best player by some distance (which saying as I really don't like him means he had a very good game) a lot of the players went hiding after the 1st 20 mins but not Feeney - Holding, Wheater played ok as did Amos as it could have been a cricket score in the 2nd half

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:08 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:Credit where its due but I thought that Feeney was our best player by some distance (which saying as I really don't like him means he had a very good game) a lot of the players went hiding after the 1st 20 mins but not Feeney
A very early candidate for 2016's most surprising post... Good of you to say so, PT, must have been difficult to type that! :D

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:09 pm

The midfield were truly awful. I was all for getting Silva on and bringing Mavies inside but I'd have taken the even more awful Pratley off.

Watching Lennon shouting from the sidelines in the second half was highly reminiscent of Captain Chaos's time here.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:16 pm

Well that was fun. Currently sat sitting next to three Chezzie supporters... their joy floweth over so much the fxckers have just bought me an unsolicited pint. The fxckers :)
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:35 pm

Difficult to add to the very accurate descriptions above. I feel like I want to sit down with Lennon and watch the match video just to point out how to break and how not to. We were clueless today, whereas Huddersfield were so well organised and drilled that they showed exactly why we'll be going down - the two sides couldn't be further apart. Every time they attacked us they broke in numbers and at speed, usually with five and a midfielder behind them. Our answer is to keep knocking it up to the biggest fecking fairy I've ever seen on a football field.
As soon as they realised that they needed to put two on Feeney that was us fecked. No Plan B at all. We have some shite finishing from them and some good saves by Amos (although he looked to me to be at fault for the second) for them not having really humiliated us. Bar Feeney's shot that hit the post did their keeper have another save to make? That 2nd half performance was as bad as I've seen since the Phil Neal days. Absolutely disgraceful. And if it's this bad now then how bad's it going to be after we lose our better players over the coming days?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:44 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Bar Feeney's shot that hit the post did their keeper have another save to make?
The only attempt on target - woodwork doesn't count - was Wheater's header from Moxey's cross, about 20 minutes into the second half.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:47 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Bar Feeney's shot that hit the post did their keeper have another save to make?
The only attempt on target - woodwork doesn't count - was Wheater's header from Moxey's cross, about 20 minutes into the second half.
This is a thing that annoys me. Woodwork should count as on target. Otherwise about 10% of goals, actual goals, don't count as being on target.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:47 pm

I'd like to take this opportunity to apologise to LE, after calling for him to be taken outside and shot for his defeatist attitude a short while ago. We are now truly fecked and League 1 beckons with a long spell in the wilderness I suspect. Lennon has no idea how to turn this around.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:50 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:I'd like to take this opportunity to apologise to LE, after calling for him to be taken outside and shot for his defeatist attitude a short while ago. We are now truly fecked and League 1 beckons with a long spell in the wilderness I suspect. Lennon has no idea how to turn this around.
Let's hope he starts shagging somebody who has a better answer than the last one when he pops the question.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:55 pm

Two questions came out of today for me:
1. Has any manager done worse than 2 wins in 25 and kept their job? ?
2. Has someone changed the foul throw rule but not told us?? Every other throw these days is a rule breaker in some way.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:25 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't? I imagine there wouldn't have been widespread delight if Danns or Spearing came on to chase the game.

I do think it's notable how Lennon seems to have stopped making substitutions. Feels like Twardzik, Dobbie etc are as much pine-riding space-fillers as Rachubka.
The change was very obviously needed well before they scored. Everyone in the ground could see it. Vela and Pratley were outnumbered and aren't dominant midfield players by any stretch. We needed someone else in there. It was obvious from before half time.

medo??

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:27 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
This is a thing that annoys me. Woodwork should count as on target. Otherwise about 10% of goals, actual goals, don't count as being on target.
If it hits the woodwork and goes in, it does count. If it hits the woodwork and doesn't, it doesn't.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:27 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't? I imagine there wouldn't have been widespread delight if Danns or Spearing came on to chase the game.

I do think it's notable how Lennon seems to have stopped making substitutions. Feels like Twardzik, Dobbie etc are as much pine-riding space-fillers as Rachubka.
The change was very obviously needed well before they scored. Everyone in the ground could see it. Vela and Pratley were outnumbered and aren't dominant midfield players by any stretch. We needed someone else in there. It was obvious from before half time.

medo??
It may come as a surprise to all concerned but having twelve players on the pitch is frowned upon...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:28 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
not on target - unless deflected on target off the woodwork! :wink:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:30 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
If it hits the woodwork and goes in, it does count. If it hits the woodwork and doesn't, it doesn't.
I know. It just strikes me as arbitrary. It's like if it hits the ref stood by the corner post on the noggin and goes in it's on target when clearly it wasn't.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:32 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
I know. It just strikes me as arbitrary. It's like if it hits the ref stood by the corner post on the noggin and goes in it's on target when clearly it wasn't.
I know like that^ are a much lesser percentage, but it illustrates the mockery of woodwork and on tagetness.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:36 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

medo??
Well I will say this. A midfield of Medo and Spearing would be better than a midfield of Vela and Pratley. No doubt about it.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:42 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

medo??
Well I will say this. A midfield of Medo and Spearing would be better than a midfield of Vela and Pratley. No doubt about it.
You don't know that. We think this and that, and argue that this would be better than that, but it always turns out that everything and everyone is crap.

We're worried (or at least I am - or was) about an exodus and seeing our best players leave in January, but if we're anchored to the bottom of the league and still churning out poor performances, what exactly are we going to miss? Performances just aren't getting better.