Match thread Blackpool (A) LC1R - 9th August 7.45pm

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Match thread Blackpool (A) LC1R - 9th August 7.45pm

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:34 pm

Worthy4England wrote:I know you said created very little, but we scored 2. Wasn't able to ho to the match, but surely when you bag 2, you should be better than evens to win the match?
Sort of. But when you dominate the ball as much as we did....

I mean the second goal was a pure defensive error from them. By the hour mark given the call we had we should comfortably have been out of sight. Reality was their keeper had barely made a save.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:35 pm

Cant disagree with any of that assessment BWFCI (Derik was injured was he?)

I think that was my 10th or 11th visit to Bloomfield Rd. I've yet to see us win or play well there
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:46 pm

Worthy4England wrote:I know you said created very little, but we scored 2. Wasn't able to ho to the match, but surely when you bag 2, you should be better than evens to win the match?
We scored 2 from 3 on target.
They scored 4 from 9 on target.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:50 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:I think that was my 10th or 11th visit to Bloomfield Rd. I've yet to see us win or play well there
Get yourself down to Kingston at the weekend, nailed on win.

:wink:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:55 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Sort of. But when you dominate the ball as much as we did....

I mean the second goal was a pure defensive error from them. By the hour mark given the call we had we should comfortably have been out of sight. Reality was their keeper had barely made a save.
Sorry, I guess I was more on How the juddering fvk did we let 4 in? :-)

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:11 am

We did create a fair bit really. Finney hit the post, we had some last ditch blocks go against us but like bwfci says not clear cut enough. Most of what we created came through Davies but he tried to do to much too often. Final goal he carried it for ages, didn't have a go or release it then lost the ball and they broke and scored. Very frustrating but someone could've been covering or running back.

Parky is publicly taking positives but privately I think he'll be even more desperate to significantly reshape the squad.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:44 am

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:23 am

Listened to most of it via Jack Dearden and Alan Gowling. They mentioned Finney seeming OK after a nightmare debut last season at Brentford. They also mentioned Madine jumping too early for a headed chance... or maybe I misheard that.... I'm not sure. :roll:

So much for strength in depth.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:50 am

So for me when you analyse it we still have a problem in midfield. No goalscorer there nobody who has it in their game to get beyond a striker and our attacking midfield man, Davies doesn't score or create goals.

We can put out a grafting midfield but without Pratley I'm not even sure we have an effective one of those.

I think this needs to be addressed unless of course there is that magical striker who will score so many it doesn't matter out there.

Athertonian
Promising
Promising

Post by Athertonian » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:15 am

As long as Madine plays Bolton wont win a game. That useless donkey is the worst fecking player I have ever seen in a Wanderers shirt and I have seen many. Sincerely hope Parkinson see's this and leaves him out.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:30 am

Athertonian wrote:As long as Madine plays Bolton wont win a game. That useless donkey is the worst fecking player I have ever seen in a Wanderers shirt and I have seen many. Sincerely hope Parkinson see's this and leaves him out.
Ermmm apart from Saturday? I agree he isn't very good but we didn't lose to Blackpool because of Madine.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:56 am

DJBlu wrote:
We scored 2 from 3 on target.
They scored 4 from 9 on target.
Missed this. But surely that points towards a defensive problem more than a creative/attacking one. Team didn't create shitloads but bagged the ones we did create to get a couple of goals.Meanwhile, at a place not far away, defence leak 4.

Not trying to gloss over the problems with goals and creativity but if we were offered two goals per game, we'd probably say good deal.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:15 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:When not in possession likes of Davies, Trotter might as well sit down, because they just let runners to past them unchecked.
Surprised with Davies after his exceptional defensive appearance on Saturday. Very disappointing to read and he really does need to pull the trigger more. Because he's not going to get a run out of someone like Madine.

Can see why he holds the ball to drag people out and let them create room, but he needs to remember who he's playing with
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:54 am

^ agreed. He made a few runs last night where the Blackpool players couldn't get near him or the ball and it was creating gaps in their back line. Our players were too slow or too thick to exploit this space and he also showed a reluctance to shoot. As a footballer he's going to be head and shoulders above most in this division. It's up to Parky to get the best out of it
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:06 pm

Athertonian wrote:As long as Madine plays Bolton wont win a game. That useless donkey is the worst fecking player I have ever seen in a Wanderers shirt and I have seen many. Sincerely hope Parkinson see's this and leaves him out.
Totally agree

You can create chance after chance - but if you dont take them - then the opposition will eventually take one of theirs and you lose

happened time and time again last year

and the worst thing is - that Madine doesnt even get them on target and test the goal keeper - the ball hits his head and just riccochets off anywhere

take your chances - score the goals - win the game
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:18 pm

Last night sounded like Spearing and Wheater were sadly missed at the back and we might have been better starting Wollery from the off?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:43 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Last night sounded like Spearing and Wheater were sadly missed at the back and we might have been better starting Wollery from the off?
I'd be playing Woolery over Madine every day of the week

the poor lad must be champing at the bit
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:55 pm

A little tale that's worth repeating (and some may have heard last night) with apologies for a topic ever a sore point with us Boltonions. This came up during a conversation between the match commentator and Tony Kelly:

The 1953 Cup final was always dubbed The Mathews Final by the media. This must have been really irksome to Stan Mortensen who scored three goals in the match. When Stan Mortensen finally passed awa,y his wife stood up at the service and declared "This is not the Mathews funeral"!

Don't know how true the tale is but I thought it brilliant .. :lol:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:22 pm

Read earlier that it was Blackpool's first win in this competition in 7 years! :roll:

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:07 pm

nelson66 wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Last night sounded like Spearing and Wheater were sadly missed at the back and we might have been better starting Wollery from the off?
I'd be playing Woolery over Madine every day of the week

the poor lad must be champing at the bit
Without any shadow of a doubt. Holds the ball up better and his pace means we can play higher up the pitch. He also looks like he's got goals in him.

If he improved physically, he could leas the line perfectly and with a quick, strong striker, you see a different midfield
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"