Doomsday: Stoke away

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Doomsday: Stoke away

Post by Worthy4England » Sun May 13, 2012 11:05 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:In a league where cash is king, I'll bet my life savings that Coyle's £/point is lower (better) than Megson's.

I fear I'm repeating myself, but the goalposts have moved.
I bet it's not as good as Swansea's or Norwich's

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun May 13, 2012 11:05 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:In a league where cash is king, I'll bet my life savings that Coyle's £/point is lower (better) than Megson's.

I fear I'm repeating myself, but the goalposts have moved.
I bet it's not as good as Swansea's or Norwich's
And I wonder about Hodgsons at West Brom....

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun May 13, 2012 11:08 pm

Just watching MOTD, can't believe Stokes first goal was allowed to stand. :shock:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun May 13, 2012 11:08 pm

jaffka wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:So you're blaming Gartside now then aswell?
Too true three strike Gartsides to blame take the blinkers off, he got lucky with BSA.
Once again, put your money where your mouth is and buy the club and I will support you.
Ha feckin Ha Gartside doesn't own or put money in the club either so why should it be different for anyone else? Anyway I wouldn't want the support of fools who still back failiures thanks.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun May 13, 2012 11:09 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:Just watching MOTD, can't believe Stokes first goal was allowed to stand. :shock:
Sorry not funny!

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun May 13, 2012 11:10 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
jaffka wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:So you're blaming Gartside now then aswell?
Too true three strike Gartsides to blame take the blinkers off, he got lucky with BSA.
Once again, put your money where your mouth is and buy the club and I will support you.
Would you say the same if Coyle left and they decided to reappoint Megson? Would you say 'fair play' it's their club we just all have to support them and the manager?
Is that really going to happen though?

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sun May 13, 2012 11:10 pm

the coyle football is too frightening to watch.

it's 'off' . like sammy lee's. he even says sammy lee type things.

its like some computer game.

he's got to go.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun May 13, 2012 11:11 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:Just watching MOTD, can't believe Stokes first goal was allowed to stand. :shock:
Sorry not funny!
Did I say it was?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun May 13, 2012 11:13 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Sorry not funny!
Did I say it was?
Sorry I thought the stupid vid of charlie face was a p*ss take

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun May 13, 2012 11:15 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Sorry not funny!
Did I say it was?
Sorry I thought the stupid vid of charlie face was a p*ss take
It's my new sig but its too big so it's limited edition and is going soon. Not to do with Bolton. Think it's from today's game at west brom.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun May 13, 2012 11:15 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Sorry not funny!
Did I say it was?
are you a little bit tetchy tonight?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun May 13, 2012 11:18 pm

jaffka wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Sorry not funny!
Did I say it was?
are you a little bit tetchy tonight?
Nawww it's just a good job I don't own an AK47!

r0ckpaperscissors
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by r0ckpaperscissors » Sun May 13, 2012 11:19 pm

Long time lurker, brought out of hiding by a quick snapshot of a fan wearing a Nat Lofthouse scarf. Sad really, but I'm pleased he isn't around any more to see what happened to his club. He'd be turning in his grave if he could have seen how we played this year.

Anyway, season ticked booked for next year and I look forward to the changes that are going to be happening around the club - even if we have to accept that we aren't good enough to be in the elite leagues any more.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sun May 13, 2012 11:20 pm

Worthy4England wrote:I'm not sure how useful the comparisons with Megson are anyhow. Different teams in the league then.

Now if we want to compare what Coyle's has had in transfer money and salary, compared to say Swansea or Norwich, or maybe West Brom, Wolves, Blackburn etc. I think you'd find he's underperformed comparitively by a long chalk.

We haven't got any money, so I'll spend 7.5m of it on two strikers, one who can't score and the other who can't get off the bench.

And as we've been saying all season, tactics cost nothing more than Coyle's salary, so I can only assume he's getting paid nowt too.

Clueless fcuker.
All this. Every word.
Businesswoman of the year.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun May 13, 2012 11:22 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:I'm not sure how useful the comparisons with Megson are anyhow. Different teams in the league then.

Now if we want to compare what Coyle's has had in transfer money and salary, compared to say Swansea or Norwich, or maybe West Brom, Wolves, Blackburn etc. I think you'd find he's underperformed comparitively by a long chalk.

We haven't got any money, so I'll spend 7.5m of it on two strikers, one who can't score and the other who can't get off the bench.

And as we've been saying all season, tactics cost nothing more than Coyle's salary, so I can only assume he's getting paid nowt too.

Clueless fcuker.
All this. Every word.
Two missing

JUST GO!

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun May 13, 2012 11:34 pm

it looked ok to me on the stream but i was on my own
if bogdan had committed himself,.ie thrown himself at it, and still lost the ball i would of thought it was a foul. Crap stream though so I'll take a view?

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Sun May 13, 2012 11:37 pm

Some of you have probably seen this already, but just to cheer the rest up a tad;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL92wV9Xho4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sun May 13, 2012 11:38 pm

officer_dibble wrote:
if bogdan had committed himself,.ie thrown himself at it, and still lost the ball i would of thought it was a foul. Crap stream though so I'll take a view?
Me, I don't think it should've been a goal.

We're not down because Bogdan was tipped over the line today, we're down because Coyle is a cnt.
Businesswoman of the year.

midlands exile
Promising
Promising

Post by midlands exile » Sun May 13, 2012 11:42 pm

Just watched the MOTD "highlights" - brought it all back, one of the weirdest afternoon's of emotion ever.

Both Stoke goals were harsh, defo for the first, and Crouch went down like a tart's drawers for the penalty.

Before their second though, a classic Coyle substitution flashed up: N'Gog for Klasnic. Thought Klasnic had one of his best games in a long time, bring the ball down well and holding it up / laying it off, good strike early doors. Only blot on his copybook was when Petrov set him up at 2-1.

Anyhow, N'Gog came on and offered pretty much nothing up front. I was sat in the Stoke end, and there was laughter at some of his efforts. I think he's an "honest player", as he does seem to give his all, but he just doesn't seem good enough up front. Maybe try him out as a right winger?

As soon as that sub happened, my brother said "If Stoke score again, who's gonna get us a goal?!". Instead of that change, I can't help thinking that Vela for SKD would have shored up the midfield, and kept us in it. But that would have meant abandoning Coyle's gung-ho approach and passion for 442...

PS - at the end of the highlights, I swear you can lipread Coyle saying "It didn't matter anyway" to Pulis. :hang:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun May 13, 2012 11:51 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:
Me, I don't think it should've been a goal.

We're not down because Bogdan was tipped over the line today, we're down because Coyle is a cnt.
Bogdan had both hands on the ball and it was knocked out of his hands. Pretty sure in today's game that's a foul. Probably would have been fine 30 years ago when football wasn't quite so namby pamby but the match wasn't then, but now. Thought the pen you conceded was a bit harsh too, though Bogdan should possibly have saved it. Nice to see SKD score, just a shame it didn't turn out to be the winner. :( genuinely gutted for you. Will hope to get to a few local games next season, Bolton will never replace Arsenal in my affection - no chance, but I do like to see you doing well.

Agree CH, in some ways you are not down purely because of the poor refereeing today - but with a different ref today you could have been staying up...