Doomsday: Stoke away

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

CarlosHernandez
Promising
Promising

Re: Doomsday: Stoke away

Post by CarlosHernandez » Mon May 14, 2012 1:26 am

Well it's the morning after here in Australia. The 2.30am bed time and 6.30am rise for work isn't helping my thoughts about the whole 2011/12 campaign. So here goes with some rambling and venting...

Was just empty last night watching the City celebrations, them getting over the line made our draw much harder to swallow. All the if onlys from our match run through your mind... the Bogdan incident, our spurned opportunities to go 3-1 up, the penalty... but thinking realistically it wasn't our result at Stoke that sent us down. Even last week at The Reebok wasn't the nail in the coffin. In my view the players have battled manfully the last month or so. Undermanned, underskilled, and as others have elluded to mismanaged. The workload on the core group has been emmense over the last month, and it seemed like they gave it a decent shot. Which makes the first half of the season so hard to swallow.

Our defence has been laughable, and it certainly isn't down to the personel... we looked horrible with the current England centre half in there. Does anyone know who is responsible for that part of the pitch? To be conceeding 2 goals each match is outragous, and has been the difference between us grinding out a few more draws and staying up.

Our midfield has obviously been crueled by injury and illness, but will hopefully still be with us next season to form a solid Div 2 core. Lee, Holden, Reo Coker, Eagles and Pratley looks very decent on paper.

Being all the way over here in Oz, I have been spoiled by the Prem coverage. The Championship is a world away here unless you are the big ones like Newcastle or West Ham. I'll be hoping for the odd stream, and may be stuck with the official media player (or will that dissappear with our reduced funds?) It's shattering, and may force an extended holiday to Manchester just to catch some matches... Any tips on convincing the wife it's a great place to visit for a couple of months during December-January? :) Keeping in mind it is 25-35 degrees here at that time and we live 2 minutes walk from the beach!

CarlosHernandez
Promising
Promising

Post by CarlosHernandez » Mon May 14, 2012 1:27 am

Oh, and still... COYWM!

Hopeful

Post by Karma » Mon May 14, 2012 2:09 am

Hoboh wrote:
Yours and others silence in October let Coyle do this to the club so why should I shut up and let the knob waste a summer signing bench warmers to put us mid table next season? Every single Bolton fan should use whatever means they can so Eddie davies wakes up from his slumber and rids of of the blight of Coyle
I've only been on here since last night but I already know that realism is not allowed, I still don't understand how coyle is in a job, similar to the blackburn manager.

Hopefully relegation will be the blessing in disguise like it was for my team, the best thing to happen to us in a good few year

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Mon May 14, 2012 4:41 am

Karma wrote:
Hopefully relegation will be the blessing in disguise like it was for my team, the best thing to happen to us in a good few year
except all bolton did were have a season ending injury every month.

not sure how thats a blessing.

the only way we can get out of this "bolton 128 million pound in debt to our own owner" hate that rival football fans whose teams might owe more money to nationalized banks and the like seem to like trolling us with, is to cheat and go bankrupt and take the ten point hit , then walkover the division. then pay proper wages for a proper first team 30 players. and hope they get bought out by crazy arabs who think bolton are manchester united . or something.

it might feck a few more people off. they hate us now (or the trolls do) even though we're pretty straight . wat difference is a few more gonna make ?

that muamba goodwill got fecked off pretty quick.

Whookam
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Whookam » Mon May 14, 2012 8:33 am

William the White wrote:
I wasn't silent in October... i was doing what I could as a supporter... Supporting... I find it hard to be ashamed of that.

Were you creating noise in October? How? Where? What did you do exactly?

Come on, tell us. I was supporting the team. What, exactly, were you doing to save us? Posting negative comments on this forum? You think that was a positive contribution to saving us from relegation? Stroll on... :roll:
I think those that saw what was happening to the club back then deserve their time in the sun. They saw the danger, you didn't. :conf:

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon May 14, 2012 8:38 am

9 months of not being good enough killed us. Chris Foy hammered the final nail into the coffin.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon May 14, 2012 9:15 am

Whookam wrote:
William the White wrote:
I wasn't silent in October... i was doing what I could as a supporter... Supporting... I find it hard to be ashamed of that.

Were you creating noise in October? How? Where? What did you do exactly?

Come on, tell us. I was supporting the team. What, exactly, were you doing to save us? Posting negative comments on this forum? You think that was a positive contribution to saving us from relegation? Stroll on... :roll:
I think those that saw what was happening to the club back then deserve their time in the sun. They saw the danger, you didn't. :conf:

interesting way of describing relegation!!!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon May 14, 2012 9:19 am

jaffka wrote:Stelios just been on talksport but I am that p*ssed I could not tell what he was saying

I think he said...

f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-boutros-boutros-ghali...... scorchio!

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Mon May 14, 2012 10:39 am

Yet again for both their goals (although they were dodgy) strikers totally unmarked 8 yards from goal.
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon May 14, 2012 11:01 am

Jez wrote:worked well for blackburn didnt it
Another one with the Ostrich syndrome!

The Venky's don't rally care about Blackburn, hell they stand to lose next to nothing if anything at all should seeing they've put sod all in if they sell up and walk away so they can do more or less as they please and ignore who they want.
Eddie Davies on the other hand is not in that position!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 14, 2012 1:35 pm

As an aside why did dicks in the crowd keep making up Citeh goals? Based on the number of times folks started jumping up and down claiming Citeh had scored it was 11-2 to Citeh yesterday.

They want shooting.

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Mon May 14, 2012 1:39 pm

I have no idea. Cretins.

I feel very sad today - hard to concentrate at work, but still can't believe it in a way.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon May 14, 2012 1:55 pm

Yeah, I feel pretty numb to be honest..

Awful feeling.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 14, 2012 1:56 pm

boltonboris wrote:Yeah, I feel pretty numb to be honest..

Awful feeling.
Absolutely, yesterday was anger, today is just the numbing reality. And profound sadness.

Strange that football can affect our emotions so strongly.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon May 14, 2012 1:58 pm

Having reached acceptance at this point last week, and not allowed hope back in yesterday even as scores went our way, I'm neither numb nor angry.

I am, however, hung over. So shhh.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Mon May 14, 2012 1:58 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
boltonboris wrote:Yeah, I feel pretty numb to be honest..

Awful feeling.
Absolutely, yesterday was anger, today is just the numbing reality. And profound sadness.

Strange that football can affect our emotions so strongly.
Yeah, I'm probably the same. Just feeling really flat today. Seems a bit pathetic with it just being a game of footy, but it's definitely having an effect!

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Mon May 14, 2012 2:00 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:As an aside why did dicks in the crowd keep making up Citeh goals? Based on the number of times folks started jumping up and down claiming Citeh had scored it was 11-2 to Citeh yesterday.

They want shooting.
Didn't really pay attention to those....a lad behind was listening to it on his phone (I think), so when the other people were getting carried away, we turned to him and he told us.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Mon May 14, 2012 2:03 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Having reached acceptance at this point last week, and not allowed hope back in yesterday even as scores went our way, I'm neither numb nor angry.

I am, however, hung over. So shhh.
I've been accepting of it for a while, but it still hit me yesterday. As I mentioned in the '11 years' thread, even though I've had a season ticket since I was 4, Premier League is all I know. For a few reasons I won't be able to go very often next season, which coinciding with relegation seems really like the end of an adventure. When we came up we probably weren't expecting what followed in our wildest dreams, and it went on for longer than we could imagine, but now it's over, and I just feel a bit empty. Next season I won't be at the games, it'll be harder to keep up with highlights and how the team are doing, so I worry that they'll just drop off the radar a bit and I'll reach the stage of not having a clue who any of our players are!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 14, 2012 2:06 pm

I've been expecting it for a long time. But it still doesn't stop that little bit of hope creeping in no matter how hard you try and shut it out.

Yesterday wasn't as bad in itself as I'd kind of expected it, some clearly hadn't and struggled.

There was always a part of me who thought, like every other season we'd scrape out of it. But each soul destroying performance after another, with very little in the way of light breaking through, you begin to realise perhaps its just not happening this year.

Its still sort of hard to take in.

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Mon May 14, 2012 2:32 pm

I'm not sure if this has been posted in this thread already

Look at that diving scum bag, Bogdans not even touched him.
