The Promotion Commotion Transfer Thread 2017

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: The Promotion Commotion Transfer Thread 2017

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:41 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:03 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:42 am
Cardiff want Madine. IF we sell Madine, we're accepting a return to league one. It would be the singularly most depressing transfer this club has ever done.
Hmm. I'll see you and raise you with Frank Worthington, but as you were........
Per Frandsen also springs to mind...
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:53 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:41 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:03 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Cardiff want Madine. IF we sell Madine, we're accepting a return to league one. It would be the singularly most depressing transfer this club has ever done.
Hmm. I'll see you and raise you with Frank Worthington, but as you were........
Per Frandsen also springs to mind...
That one worked out well in the end though!

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:34 pm

I am not sure there is much in the Madine to Cardiff rumour, they have three big strikers, plus Danny Ward who sometimes plays in the striker role for them. And I don' t think they are in a position to spend even £5m on Madine, never mind the £10m we should be asking for. I think we have to keep Madine. If he does well and we stay up he will still have a decent value in the summer, there may even be a bidding war for him and we may get a bigger fee than now. If we sell, we are relegated, £5m+ less income for next season and a less attractive prospect for investors, and in a mess, with no guarantee of another quick promotion.

Of course that is easy to say, we are dependent on Ken finding the money for us to survive until the summer....

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:30 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Cardiff want Madine. IF we sell Madine, we're accepting a return to league one. It would be the singularly most depressing transfer this club has ever done. I don't care how much money we get for Gaz, he's simply irreplaceable right now. There is no striker who can score double figures and lead the line ready to step into the championship who we can buy. Not one.
Hyperbole much?

Madine has been great this season and I don't want to sell him but if we do, then it's up to the manager to get the best out of who we have left and any replacements we can attract.

Alf is shite? Nice. Without his goals last season we'd still be in division one.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:23 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:30 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Cardiff want Madine. IF we sell Madine, we're accepting a return to league one. It would be the singularly most depressing transfer this club has ever done. I don't care how much money we get for Gaz, he's simply irreplaceable right now. There is no striker who can score double figures and lead the line ready to step into the championship who we can buy. Not one.
Hyperbole much?

Madine has been great this season and I don't want to sell him but if we do, then it's up to the manager to get the best out of who we have left and any replacements we can attract.

Alf is shite? Nice. Without his goals last season we'd still be in division one.
I will up on shite.

Lazy shite.

He doesn’t offer 10% of what Madine does.

If we are talking contributions last season look up our record when Madine was injured and ALF played....

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:32 pm

He doesn't offer 10% of a big target man in a long ball side. Surprising that given he's 5ft 6!!

So lazy that last year, playing out of position in a long ball side he scored how many compared to your hero?

We can't accommodate him now that's for sure. Doesn't mean his previous endeavours count for nowt
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:47 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:32 pm
He doesn't offer 10% of a big target man in a long ball side. Surprising that given he's 5ft 6!!

So lazy that last year, playing out of position in a long ball side he scored how many compared to your hero?

We can't accommodate him now that's for sure. Doesn't mean his previous endeavours count for nowt
What does he offer? Stand in the box and hope the ball falls to him?

McGinlay was a goal poacher. He worked 10 times harder than ALF does though and offered a lot more.

ALF is useless to us as he has no pace, no ability to hold the ball and offers nothing outside the box.

Frankly on Saturday he couldn’t be bothered. I thought he was half arsed when he came on against Hull too.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:58 pm

Can I just point out here that although, at this very moment in time, we are quite reliant on Mr Washing Machine, that he isn't Buddha, or a Saint, or the best football player in the division, or even in fact, the sort of player we really want to base a team around really (do we?).
We're stuck with him for the near future, but he really, really, really isn't irreplaceable.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:39 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:58 pm
Can I just point out here that although, at this very moment in time, we are quite reliant on Mr Washing Machine, that he isn't Buddha, or a Saint, or the best football player in the division, or even in fact, the sort of player we really want to base a team around really (do we?).
We're stuck with him for the near future, but he really, really, really isn't irreplaceable.
On his current form why wouldn't you want to base a team around him? If teams at the top of this league want him, surely that is the very sort of player to base a team around?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:56 am

PP on Karacan, per BN.
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... an_and_Co/
The team has been doing well in that midfield department – Henry, Pratley and Vela. Josh Cullen came in and did well too. If we get all those players back there are a lot of players in front of him but it can always change in football.

I said to the lads who have been out of the team that after the cup game and when we have sorted ourselves out with the loans we’d sit down. The injuries have changed things a little bit because now we’re down on numbers again, so we need to see how Karl is this week. We know Darren will be out for more or less six weeks and we’ll see what happens with Cullen before we decide how to go forward.

When you haven’t been in the team you can feel like you are in the wilderness and that there is no route back. But we have showed over Christmas there is a way back.
Marc Iles is saying this is a possible way back for Jem but personally I reckon it sounds unlikely. We've shown over Christmas that there's a way back - aye, but not for you, Jem and Dorian. Yes, if the Hammers don't come back and we can't find other options we might be desperate enough to play you, but don't bet on it.

Curiously, Karacan was captain in three of the last four games he started. (h/t @CFlanaganFFT)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:12 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:56 am
PP on Karacan, per BN.
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... an_and_Co/
The team has been doing well in that midfield department – Henry, Pratley and Vela. Josh Cullen came in and did well too. If we get all those players back there are a lot of players in front of him but it can always change in football.

I said to the lads who have been out of the team that after the cup game and when we have sorted ourselves out with the loans we’d sit down. The injuries have changed things a little bit because now we’re down on numbers again, so we need to see how Karl is this week. We know Darren will be out for more or less six weeks and we’ll see what happens with Cullen before we decide how to go forward.

When you haven’t been in the team you can feel like you are in the wilderness and that there is no route back. But we have showed over Christmas there is a way back.
Marc Iles is saying this is a possible way back for Jem but personally I reckon it sounds unlikely. We've shown over Christmas that there's a way back - aye, but not for you, Jem and Dorian. Yes, if the Hammers don't come back and we can't find other options we might be desperate enough to play you, but don't bet on it.

Curiously, Karacan was captain in three of the last four games he started. (h/t @CFlanaganFFT)
I don't understand the thing with Karacan. Yes he was awful, beyond bad, earlier in the season. But so, for example, was young Cullen. So was Burke etc....

I'd have thought Parky the sort of manager to bring people back into the fold and give them another chance. Has to be a falling out. Jem's experienced in this league and whilst he doesn't replace Pratley or Henry is a bit different and a box to box type with good energy. Can't see past either a fall out or Karacan's personal issues affecting his mind set.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:27 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:12 am
I don't understand the thing with Karacan. Yes he was awful, beyond bad, earlier in the season. But so, for example, was young Cullen. So was Burke etc....

I'd have thought Parky the sort of manager to bring people back into the fold and give them another chance. Has to be a falling out. Jem's experienced in this league and whilst he doesn't replace Pratley or Henry is a bit different and a box to box type with good energy. Can't see past either a fall out or Karacan's personal issues affecting his mind set.
Indeed. Saturday was the perfect chance, and not just as an insurance policy ("have we boobed? should we give him more chance?" a la Derik), but because we really really need midfielders and we're already paying this bloke. I'm not one for spinning shit about off-field intrigue but it feels like it has to be a non-playing matter – not necessarily Karacan's fault (eg dissent, which might explain Parky's quotes about Derik "not being a problem"), could be a personal matter. For Parky to not even give him a token runout suggests he's either ostracised or extremely unavailable. Is he playing in the U23s?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:27 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:12 am

Indeed. Saturday was the perfect chance, and not just as an insurance policy ("have we boobed? should we give him more chance?" a la Derik), but because we really really need midfielders and we're already paying this bloke. I'm not one for spinning shit about off-field intrigue but it feels like it has to be a non-playing matter – not necessarily Karacan's fault (eg dissent, which might explain Parky's quotes about Derik "not being a problem"), could be a personal matter. For Parky to not even give him a token runout suggests he's either ostracised or extremely unavailable. Is he playing in the U23s?
He had time off for personal reasons last year, so could be that (and Parky is protecting him). Or a falling out.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:39 pm

He was shite earlier, but Kante would've looked overrun playing in that midfield.

I know Parky was basically the only reason he signed for us in the first place (I assume there's some Reading connection but I can't work out what as I don't think their times overlapped). From captain to ostracised is either mega fall-out or it's personal reasons you'd think. Not like the dressing room has been water tight for gossip mind, and no rumours of a fall out.

Anyway, I still think there's a player in there for us. Would like to see him alongside Henry in the current set up.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:04 pm

I wonder if Henry coming in had an effect on those who seem out of favour such as Karacan and Dervite? Pratley was quoted a couple of months ago as saying "You'd do well not to have an argument everyday with him (Henry) in training". And Henry himself was quoted as saying, when asked something like "What do you think of the rest of the lads here?", "Same as anywhere else 80% good lads, 20% weirdos". And after the Sunderland game Henry was quoted as saying "I like to shout at people, to organize, which others might not like as much as I do". Seems to me Henry shook things up when he arrived, overall it seems for the better, but maybe there were a few issues with some of the squad who couldn't / didn't want to adapt?

Regardless of what the issues are, I would like to see Karacan and Dervite back in the reckoning. Henry being in the midfield should provide a better balance for the likes of Karacan, as we have seen with the improved form of Cullen. And if Burke doesn't come back we will need Dervite.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:43 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:39 pm
I know Parky was basically the only reason he signed for us in the first place (I assume there's some Reading connection but I can't work out what as I don't think their times overlapped)
I wonder who his agent was just before the deal.. Hmmmmmmm

I bet he was Super and I bet he was born some time between 1972-74
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:11 pm

Aha!

I can't possibLee think.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:07 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:39 pm
I know Parky was basically the only reason he signed for us in the first place (I assume there's some Reading connection but I can't work out what
Jem and ALF are best buds. And, let's face it, when he signed last spring the chance to hire someone of his ability pleased us as much as it annoyed Scunthorpe. But something's gone south since, and if you're of conspiratorial bent you might lob ALF into that mix too.

nelson66
Promising
Promising

Post by nelson66 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:46 pm

I'm terrified by the thought that "we need Dervite"

and not so thrilled by the £3mil price tag given to Madine by the Lion Of Vienna Suite
The Whites Are Going Up 2021 :pissed: :grin:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:38 pm

nelson66 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:46 pm
I'm terrified by the thought that "we need Dervite"

and not so thrilled by the £3mil price tag given to Madine by the Lion Of Vienna Suite
Aye, where would we get a quality front man/striker for 3 mil. ?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?