Doomsday: Stoke away

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Doomsday: Stoke away

Post by a1 » Mon May 14, 2012 8:29 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:
Also, say what you want about Coyle, but he's a really nice guy. Megson isn't. It makes a difference.
thats not what i heard, "a very nice man" i were told. thats what i dont get. allardyce mightve been a knob, but most of the fans have next to no IRL experience of him, so why give a shit if he's a knob and he makes 'em win ?

thats what i thought of megson, "he can seem like dick , he's probably alright , just make sure they get points and that i can figure out the football/hoofball/whatever and he'll do for me. mostly."

with coyle i'm getting super sammy lee not got a clue ball and worse " i'm right, even when i'm wrong " vibes , which i kinda got from both megson and allardyce on occasions, but i could follow what were going on with my own eyes, so i figured "yeah , ok, i see ".

but coyle i cannot tell what he's after , or why he carnt see what even i could after about the third game of the season, that the tip tap pass nowt lose 4-4-2 overrun in midfield shite was the total feck off to allardyce's "just fecking do it" blueprint.

its like colin todd but less money.

bastard.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon May 14, 2012 8:31 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:
Jokers in White wrote:What was all that shit we give Megson? I'm fcuking baffled now, looking through some of the topics on the board most seem like there looking forward to next season :crazy:
I think people are exhausted from the Megson ordeal. It's hard to keep that level of outrage up if you're not a Liverpool fan.
Exactly, HP. I gotten to feel all rubbed out, as you might say :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Mon May 14, 2012 8:46 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:I also think we were in a far bigger mess when Megson came in than when he left. I think people underestimate how much Allardyce going, taking the who infrastructure out and Lee coming in and making everything worse, affected the club. Frankly we didn't have such a great side even when Sam left. Anelka aside most of our players were on a downwards slope, as has been shown since they left us.
In some ways, yes, but there was also a time bomb ticking away. Most of the players Megson bought were in their late 20’s with inflated transfer fees and unsustainable wages. That bomb started to detonate with Elmander last season and is now blowing up right in our face.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Mon May 14, 2012 8:51 pm

H. Pedersen wrote: In some ways, yes, but there was also a time bomb ticking away. Most of the players Megson bought were in their late 20’s with inflated transfer fees and unsustainable wages. That bomb started to detonate with Elmander last season and is now blowing up right in our face.
that dude cud hold the ball up , despite being soft as shite. it would stick at lot.

"elmander in midfield" wouldve bin fecking awesome last season considering we were on the bones of our arse after week two.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Tue May 15, 2012 3:22 am

I'm not making any comment on Elmander's performance. Merely using him as an example of the kind of guys Megson signed. Late 20's, high transfer fee, high wages. No chance of recouping the transfer fee.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue May 15, 2012 10:32 am

H. Pedersen wrote:I'm not making any comment on Elmander's performance. Merely using him as an example of the kind of guys Megson signed. Late 20's, high transfer fee, high wages. No chance of recouping the transfer fee.

careful - you'll set off the BWFCi-alarm - then LK will be along - and we'll be awash with bucket-fulls of net-spend!! :wink: