CYL injury scare ??!!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Re: CYL injury scare ??!!

Post by a1 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:09 pm

now lee is injured - risk cahill doing one for free by keeping him , while trying to get him to sign up.

oh and get sturridge.

Choppers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Choppers » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:14 am

If we're starting the season with Davies and Klasnic up top, I'll be hugely concerned.

Prove me wrong, but I really don't think Klasnic has got even a half season of playing 90 minutes in him, and unless we sub him off repeatedly to go 4-5-1, there's just nobody else at the moment.

How did Eagles do up front the other day? Was it at true 4-4-2 still, or a 4-4-1-1 with him playing a supporting role?
http://www.godisageek.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | A Videogame Site With A Difference
http://www.twitter.com/jebusf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | Twitter

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:30 am

Choppers wrote:If we're starting the season with Davies and Klasnic up top, I'll be hugely concerned.
we might very well do that... remember - the window closes after the start of the season... if we're after loan deals - the end of the window is certainly a riper time to find 'em.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:38 pm

Choppers wrote:If we're starting the season with Davies and Klasnic up top, I'll be hugely concerned.
It's almost a given we'll start that way. It's what back up we have that really matters.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:21 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
It's almost a given we'll start that way. It's what back up we have that really matters.
That's really scary. I guess people forget that the end of the transfer window is two weeks (?) after the start of the season.

If I was convinced about Klas being able to play 90 mins week in and week out, I'd probably be not too disappointed with it, as I think Klas can put the ball in the net fairly regularly.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:54 pm

Worthy4England wrote:the end of the transfer window is two weeks (?) after the start of the season.
Two and a half, W4E - QPR game is Aug 13th (or, colloquially, "a week on Saturday").

ohjimmyjimmy
Icon
Icon

Post by ohjimmyjimmy » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:06 pm

Put like that...doesnt sound an awfully long time in which to go through the painfully long process of signing a player / players, unless they're ones we're already waiting on with offers on the table, in which case not many of those will move before a ball's been kicked.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:09 pm

Be reet

8)