The non-knee jerking "Where next" thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Re: The non-knee jerking "Where next" thread

Post by Wandering Willy » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:05 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Yeah, I saw Robbo shove Moses, who definitely had the beating of our left-back. Thankfully, neither he nor his team seemed to realise it, and didn't exploit what is still a weak link. Like I say, I don't dislike Robbo and I'm not saying it for spite or kicks, but either teams are targeting him or his shortcomings are so blatant that it seems that way.
That's where I'm at with it. I genuinely think he gives 100% every game, and tries very hard. He's just not too good at the moment, and I can't see it getting better...
What you talkin' 'bout Worthy?

You always pick Robbo in your pub team - you must rate him. :D

Thank God we don't have Gohouri - we'd never hear the end of it.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:17 am

Wandering Willy wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Yeah, I saw Robbo shove Moses, who definitely had the beating of our left-back. Thankfully, neither he nor his team seemed to realise it, and didn't exploit what is still a weak link. Like I say, I don't dislike Robbo and I'm not saying it for spite or kicks, but either teams are targeting him or his shortcomings are so blatant that it seems that way.
That's where I'm at with it. I genuinely think he gives 100% every game, and tries very hard. He's just not too good at the moment, and I can't see it getting better...
What you talkin' 'bout Worthy?

You always pick Robbo in your pub team - you must rate him. :D

Thank God we don't have Gohouri - we'd never hear the end of it.
I don't generally give our players a hard time, but last season, everyone must've been too busy slating Jussi, Taylor, Steinsson, SKD, etc. Etc. To spot that Robbo was actually a bit shit. Yes, any of our players can have a bad game and we occasionally mention it on here, but Robinson's got it down to an art form and half our fans are obviously too fcuking dense to spot that when he's waving his arms around and pointing at other players, he's usually trying to get them to tackle HIS man. This, sadly, combined with the odd MotM award given by some half pissed sponsors, the odd crunching tackle and the sad belief that the person he's pointing at must somehow be culpable, seems to be enough to snowblind people into thinking he might be half decent. I'm merely representing the correct view, to try and help those unable to help themselves.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:15 am

i suggest we sell him to city , then two weeks later buy him back.

that he's played for city('s reserves) should cloud these "correct" people's minds enough into thinking that he really is awesome.

:/

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:20 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
I don't generally give our players a hard time, but last season, everyone must've been too busy slating Jussi, Taylor, Steinsson, SKD, etc. Etc. To spot that Robbo was actually a bit shit. Yes, any of our players can have a bad game and we occasionally mention it on here, but Robinson's got it down to an art form and half our fans are obviously too fcuking dense to spot that when he's waving his arms around and pointing at other players, he's usually trying to get them to tackle HIS man. This, sadly, combined with the odd MotM award given by some half pissed sponsors, the odd crunching tackle and the sad belief that the person he's pointing at must somehow be culpable, seems to be enough to snowblind people into thinking he might be half decent. I'm merely representing the correct view, to try and help those unable to help themselves.
Last year he was in the running for player of the season for many on here - you seem to be engaging in a touch of revisionism after Robbo has become one of this year's whipping boys.

Thanks for the help though. :wink:
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:08 pm

Wandering Willy wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Last year he was in the running for player of the season for many on here - you seem to be engaging in a touch of revisionism after Robbo has become one of this year's whipping boys.

Thanks for the help though. :wink:
No - go look at my posts about him last season.

No revisionism.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:00 am

He was very good first half of last season, very good. Odd some were hankering for JLS. Country miles ahead. Got worse as the season went on. This season he has been poor, and got worse.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:03 am

Prufrock wrote:He was very good first half of last season, very good. Odd some were hankering for JLS. Country miles ahead. Got worse as the season went on. This season he has been poor, and got worse.
I seem to recall you saying so at the time. I seem to recall disagreeing. Nowt's changed. :D

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:58 am

Aye, you're still wrong :D
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:44 pm

Prufrock wrote:Aye, you're still wrong :D
:-) I'm glad that makes two of us. :-)