reo coker

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: reo coker

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat May 19, 2012 3:24 pm

Gail Platz wrote:
H. Pedersen wrote:Could it be argued that NRC is actually doing the right thing here? I'm not sure of the details of his release clause but it seems he is taking himself off the wage bill immediately. The dick move would be to collect wages in the off-season and then cancel the contract in August if a PL team comes calling.
Got to agree with this. There'd be people moaning on here saying he's a money grabber if he decided to see out his last year on Premier League wages with us.
True dat. But the more I come on here the more I find that people can't see what's in front of them, probably because their view is impeded by their own bollocks dangling in front of their eyes...

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat May 19, 2012 3:28 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:]True dat. But the more I come on here the more I find that people can't see what's in front of them, probably because their view is impeded by their own bollocks dangling in front of their eyes...
about teamcoyle being bobbins ?

lovethesmellofnapalm
Reliable
Reliable

Post by lovethesmellofnapalm » Sat May 19, 2012 4:00 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Gail Platz wrote:
H. Pedersen wrote:Could it be argued that NRC is actually doing the right thing here? I'm not sure of the details of his release clause but it seems he is taking himself off the wage bill immediately. The dick move would be to collect wages in the off-season and then cancel the contract in August if a PL team comes calling.
Got to agree with this. There'd be people moaning on here saying he's a money grabber if he decided to see out his last year on Premier League wages with us.
True dat. But the more I come on here the more I find that people can't see what's in front of them, probably because their view is impeded by their own bollocks dangling in front of their eyes...
couldn't give a flying feck about the niceties of his contract
but the day the little shit does something honourable will be a new experience for him
well shot.
"A child of five would understand this- send someone to fetch a child of five"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun May 20, 2012 11:33 am

Two parties agree contract. Things in contract happen shocker.

I liked him, only one who could bastard tackle. Wish he were staying. He isn't. I wish him well. Focus back to BWFC.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Mon May 21, 2012 1:16 am

Good luck to the lad.. now is it not time this thread was moved as he is no longer a wanderer!

Time to move on 8)

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon May 21, 2012 9:28 am

ChrisC wrote:Good luck to the lad.. now is it not time this thread was moved as he is no longer a wanderer!

Time to move on 8)
See he did ok for us in a poor poor season and setup, he's no Bolton leg end so a bit indifferent to his departure

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon May 21, 2012 11:23 pm

Hoboh wrote:
ChrisC wrote:Good luck to the lad.. now is it not time this thread was moved as he is no longer a wanderer!

Time to move on 8)
See he did ok for us in a poor poor season and setup, he's no Bolton leg end so a bit indifferent to his departure
Player of the season in that poor, poor season... did his job... Respect...

50sQuiff
Reliable
Reliable

Post by 50sQuiff » Tue May 22, 2012 5:28 pm

I got the impression Reo Coker was practically playing a player manager role in the second half of the season. He seemed to be the only one taking responsibility. Not a great player but did OK for us. Very likeable guy.

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Jokers in White » Tue May 22, 2012 6:07 pm

50sQuiff wrote:I got the impression Reo Coker was practically playing a player manager role in the second half of the season. He seemed to be the only one taking responsibility. Not a great player but did OK for us. Very likeable guy.
I agree with all of that mate.
https://twitter.com/Chaddy_81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Tue May 22, 2012 6:22 pm

50sQuiff wrote:I got the impression Reo Coker was practically playing a player manager role in the second half of the season. He seemed to be the only one taking responsibility. Not a great player but did OK for us. Very likeable guy.
reocoker out !

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Tue May 22, 2012 10:40 pm

He goes with my best wishes

Ran himself into the ground for Coyle and certainly has nowt to apologise for
Sto ut Serviam

hi there, i'm craig
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by hi there, i'm craig » Wed May 23, 2012 12:22 pm

a1 wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:]True dat. But the more I come on here the more I find that people can't see what's in front of them, probably because their view is impeded by their own bollocks dangling in front of their eyes...
about teamcoyle being bobbins ?

Now please enlighten us "true dat" on your "sik" views, your bollocks obviously have something "phat" to say......

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed May 23, 2012 12:27 pm

I don't want to know about a1's 'phat' bollocks, thanks.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Wed May 23, 2012 1:15 pm

hi there, i'm craig wrote:

Now please enlighten us "true dat" on your "sik" views, your bollocks obviously have something "phat" to say......
what ?

from the way he phrased it , vague as it were , i'm pretty sure thats what he were getting at.

mainly , coz i cannot think what else he meant. i thought he meant that coker did one because teamcoyle's that batshit he's thinking nigel went "i've gotta go, theyre all clueless idiots" or similar , and that certain people on here wont see it.

thats why i put a question mark at the end of my original sentence. i couldve misread the point he were making.

"team coyle is bobbins" - aye , proper street.

and.. the "true dat" thing werent even me, it were a snippet of what someone else said..

forsooth , THIS STATEMENT HERE

:/
Last edited by a1 on Wed May 23, 2012 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hi there, i'm craig
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by hi there, i'm craig » Wed May 23, 2012 1:43 pm

a1 wrote:
hi there, i'm craig wrote:

what ?

from the way he phrased it , vague as it were , i'm pretty sure thats what he were getting at.

mainly , coz i cannot think what else he meant.

thats why i put a question mark at the end of my original sentence.

"team coyle is bobbins" - aye , proper street.

and.. the "true dat" thing werent even me, it were a snippet of what someone else said..

forsooth , THIS STATEMENT HERE

:/
Yes I was aware but I couldn't find the original, was just having a joke at "true dat" all light hearted and all, just seems he was making a point without making the point.

Reo might have been out of order by the way he left but there was a reason that was in his contract, he didn't want to join a club that would have been playing championship football, he earned his premier league wages at a premier league club and he did 1 hell of a job earning them wages in my opinion, he hasn't had chance to really settle at the club for 1 season so has left with no hard feelings.

He ain't the first player to leave and wont be the last on the back of a club getting relagated, good luck to him but unless he don't want it happening again he needs to choose wisely who he joins.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Wed May 23, 2012 1:51 pm

ok, but,

it still has me wary "he's done one , and is willing to be unemployed , rather than work for them"

big sirens should be going off if its anything like the reason (or one of the reasons) he left.

imo

coyle must have this-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reality_distortion_field" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and nigel mustve been immune.

its like a comic.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Wed May 23, 2012 1:58 pm

Has there been an interview with him yet?

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Wed May 23, 2012 2:00 pm

i hope not.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed May 23, 2012 2:00 pm

keveh wrote:Has there been an interview with him yet?
The BN will probably re-hash something about how the players need to look at themselves and we've still got chance of staying up as long as they work hard.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

hi there, i'm craig
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by hi there, i'm craig » Wed May 23, 2012 2:15 pm

I think people are taking it a bit personal, that as soon as we're down he is off!

I've always had Reo Coker down as a player that see's football as a "job" doesn't get to attached to clubs and just wants to do his "job" at the highest level, I think the fans warmed to him and have been affected because he has come in and taken over big kev as the spokesmen talking to the press and was saying all the right things, because he is good at his job.

For him to then leave as soon as we're relagated shows he is heart less in people's eyes. But if pratly would have done the same thing, would anyone be as bothered, no because he has kept his mouth quiet, not spoke to the press and just got on his playing football, all be it
Not very well.

Reo Coker is good for a football club and a fans favourite but will never be fully committed to who ever he plays for, and will leave without a guilty conscious.