Wednesday / Wednesday

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Wednesday / Wednesday

Post by Peter Thompson » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:38 pm

You just have to laugh at how poor that was - diabolical performance, as bad if not worse than any witnessed in the old 4th division days and there where plenty back then believe me !, these players and this manager have absolutely no idea.

If anyone thinks that we are making progress under DF then they really do need to give their heads a shake. I said it last week and I'll say it again he needs to come out and tell it as it is....all this defending the players, they tried hard, saying it will be ok bollocks will not go down well with the fans.

If he wants the fans to give him time - then he really needs to come out now and be totally honest and tell us that it needs a complete clearout, protecting the players as he's done in the past is obviously not working.

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:40 pm

A far worse squad than ours is making far better progress, under a manager who has had exactly the same number of games in charge as Dougie...

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:45 pm

BL3 wrote:A far worse squad than ours is making far better progress, under a manager who has had exactly the same number of games in charge as Dougie...
A riddle!

Ermmm.... Blackburn!?
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:49 pm

thebish wrote:those that know football can see a slow and steady improvement....
plymouth wanderer wrote:Give it a rest
He said 'those that know football'. He wasn't talking to you.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:51 pm

BL3 wrote:
thebish wrote:those that know football can see a slow and steady improvement....
plymouth wanderer wrote:Give it a rest
He said 'those that know football'. He wasn't talking to you.
Give it a rest

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:52 pm

Only a 'thick cvnt' would think we're making any progress at all.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:56 pm

That echo is back...

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:57 pm

Sign Stephen Warnock and get rid of the rest. The whole lot of them.

We need scrappers in this division, not fecking fairies like Marcos Alonso.

Let's get some crunchers in. Shaun Derry's not getting any playing time at QPR. Get Papa Bouba Diop. I don't even give a toss how shit they are, this whole division is shit and the only way we'll come out on top is by having a team of committed hard nuts.

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:59 pm

What makes people think that Freedman is going to be able to make wholesale changes to the squad? He was brought in to work with the players we had and 'get us back on track', wasn't he?

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:01 pm

BL3 wrote:What makes people think that Freedman is going to be able to make wholesale changes to the squad? He was brought in to work with the players we had and 'get us back on track', wasn't he?
I don't think he is going to make 'wholesale changes', but I want him to. He might make a couple of signings, but I don't think he'd want to hurt the current players' feelings by leaving them out of the team and bringing new people in.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:06 pm

Just back. I thought we had a squad good enough to get us to top 10 this year. I was wrong. With the exception of Eagles there is a case for getting rid of every other player in the squad right now.

Fed up :(
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:09 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Just back. I thought we had a squad good enough to get us to top 10 this year. I was wrong. With the exception of Eagles there is a case for getting rid of every other player in the squad right now.
Perhaps the players have lost faith in the manager.

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:09 pm

I can't wait to see Douglas' post-match interview. What's he going to come out with this time?

I'm guessing "You need to take your chances and they did that, they scored theirs and we did not so we lost"

Something as bleeding fecking obvious as that.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:13 pm

BL3 wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:Just back. I thought we had a squad good enough to get us to top 10 this year. I was wrong. With the exception of Eagles there is a case for getting rid of every other player in the squad right now.
if they'd played well under the previous regime then perhaps. Since they didn't, then that must be BS
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:16 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
BL3 wrote:
if they'd played well under the previous regime then perhaps. Since they didn't, then that must be BS
We brought him in to improve things. He hasn't. We have a worse squad than Ipswich, Peterborough or Sheffield Wednesday? Sounds like 'BS' to me.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:17 pm

The individual quality we have is good enough to win these games and get us into the play off spots. The issue isn't their ability, but the direction of the team as a whole. Freedman has not improved Bolton tactically. We looked as good under Coyle as we do under Freedman, which probably isn't as good as the team under Phillips.

There is no progress or no sign of progress. Anyone who argues otherwise is delusional.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:26 pm

Our players were half hearted, limp, disinterested and soft.

Theirs were hard, committed and wanted it more.

Eagles has been shite for weeks now. Totally ineffective and soft as shite. Petrov the same.

We need some scrappers because as said above the fairies we've got don't get you out of this division.

Oh and Mears put in what I think is the worst right back performance I've seen from a Bolton player in 10 years. Dreadful.

Ship all this lot out Eagles included, I'd not shed one solitary tear!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:26 pm

Andrews, Spearing, Ricketts and Eagles can stay. I'm not even sure about Eagles after today, the rest can f*ck off. Transfer list the lot.

Gutless and shit is a really bad combination. When somebody said a page back we need one for every department, I assume by 'department' you meant 'position'.

Maybe some sort of ratings system would be cathartic.

Bogdan: So hesitant and indecisive it is untrue. Header didn't look particularly in the corner. Not good. 5/10

Mears: Best of a bad, bad bunch at the back. Didn't wander off into central midfield or inside the centre-halves or anything. He can still do one though, mainly because despite being told at various points by Znight, Andrews, Spearing and Freedman he still didn't provide any width at all for the centre-backs when we had it until the last half an hour. 6/10

Knight: Absolute pish. Yet another coward's performance from our 6'7 centre-half. Wrong-side, indecisive, poor decisions, shit on the ball. At least Dougie seems to figure he's a soft shite though since he no longer seems to be vice-captain. Whenever he comes up against anyone massive he gets tied up trying to fight some physical battle he knows he can't win. Should get an assist for their goal as Sidibe wasn't even nearly getting to it until he got a hefty shove in the back from Knight. Lucky not to give away a penalty 5 mins later as he ran across and shoved another of theirs, and the linesman (who himself was gash) bizarrely gave us a free-kick. Sell. 4/10.

Ream: He might actually be worse than Cid. Can't head, can't jump, positioning awful, constantly wrong side, no football brain, no right foot, can't tackle, and gets bounced off the ball by anyone. Constantly out of position, caught ball-watching for their goal and didn't even move as it went over him. At one point though, he did actually win a header. Sell. 2/10

Ricketts: Left hopeless, hopelessly expose first-half, didn't really cover himself in glory. Was poor, but nowhere near enough to stand out. Maybe good enough at right-back or centre-back, but not a left back. Keep. But only just. 6/10

Andrews: Limited, but does his job. Half-wit fans slag him no matter what he does, but keeps it moving without doing anything spectacular. When he tries to do shit going forward it ends badly. You need folk in there that will hassle, harry and just do the dirty stuff. Seemed the only one trying to talk and organise. Keep. 6/10

Spearing: Shit for the first half-hour then something seemed to really piss him off (probably how shit the rest of them are) and he was our best player after that, made tackles, got hold of it, worked well with Andrews in moving it about from side to side. Keep, even though he isn't even ours. 7/10.

Eagles: Massive girl, bottles tackles. Also had one of his off-days going forward where it didn't come off. Not sure he's quick enough to play wide isolated on his own, get him in behind the striker. Absolute shocker today though. 2/10

Petrov: He can fcuk right off. Somehow softer than Eagles, and doesn't even have the grace like Eagles to at least run back and try to get in the way. Left Ricketts 2v1 time and time again and just vaguely pointed at Andrews and Knight as if it were their fault. Also stood with his back to the ball as they took throw-ins and corners an more than one occasion. First touch awful. Despite the myth he isn't even THAT good going forward. Head down nice person it in the box. No use if their is no-one there. He also goes long, short, long, short seemingly randomly so the full back has no idea whether to give it short or knock it over the top. When they inevitably pick the wrong option they get sulked at. Lazy, shit, wanker. Sell. 1/10

Afobe: Tried hard and played to the best of his ability. 4/10.

N'Gog: As always, let us glimpse that there is a good footballer in there, then just fannied around. Soft, mentally weak. Has ability, but just not the sort we need. 5 minutes to go, 1-0 down he's pricking about on the floor coz he doesn't fancy it. Shitcnut. Sell. 3/10.

Subs: Lee: Bless him. A tenth of the player he was, if that. Ran about a bit. 5/10

Alonso: Did ok. Too slow to be a full-back, and is positionally awful, but despite his limitations, he did ok when he came on. Still, bad news when the manager would rather throw Ream in at centre-back than play you. 5/10

Sordell: Looked lively and decent movement. Touch of *insert politically correct sex offender here*. 5/10.

For a long time, it was unclear whether Coyle was a shit manager, who'd assembled a decent squad. Or ok at the managing, but had systematically assembled an absolutely wank squad. Turns out it was both.

Transfer list the lot.

The players are good enough, in that you could individually put most of them into proper teams and they wouldn't look out of place as their technically ok, but they're a set of pathetic losers. Freedman has a massive, massive rebuild to do. January is huge. Andrews, Spearing and Ricketts are the only ones you'd want to play with, and none of them are great shakes. They do at least talk and try to think. The rest are cowards or stupid.

As for Freedman. I wouldn't have gone 4-4-2. And I wouldn't have played Ream, under any circumstances. I think Alonso is absolute gash, but he's miles miles better than Ream, and in a position where defensive cock-ups are slightly less likely to lead to goals. I do think having decided on 4-4-2 that was the only midfield he could have chosen. We are so, so bad at the back. Wednesday are gash, but cut us open again and again. Freedman is clearly hampered personnel wise, he essentially had the managerial equivalent of Sophie's choice between Ream and Alonso, but it still wasn't great. Given how wank his defensive options were, he should have made us more solid in front of that.

Pretty good answer to Bish's 'why can't we judge a manager until he's bought his own players' point though. Jose Mourinho and Dumbledore's love-child couldn't have picked a proper team from than set of spineless wankers. Busy January for Freedman.

Stick full-back on the wings, two holding midfielders, Eagles behind any one of our wank strikers till January, then sell the lot.

And, if possible, sell our fcking fans too.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:30 pm

Prufrock wrote:Gutless and shit is a really bad combination. When somebody said a page back we need one for every department, I assume by 'department' you meant 'position'.

Maybe some sort of ratings system would be cathartic.
How about we use the current form table as a 'ratings system', because since Mick McCarthy took over, Ipswich's 'gutless and shit' players have climbed to 5th.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:31 pm

BL3 wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:
BL3 wrote:
We brought him in to improve things. He hasn't. We have a worse squad than Ipswich, Peterborough or Sheffield Wednesday? Sounds like 'BS' to me.
Individually we have a miles better players than them, but there are no brains, and no leaders in that squad. At all. Half-arsed cowards and thickos.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.