Next Up - Dioufy's Dirty Leeds

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Next Up - Dioufy's Dirty Leeds

Post by BL3 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:03 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:It's all getting a bit tedious. We aren't going up. Dougie isn't being sacked.
What was the point of bringing him in, if he can't work with the players we've got?

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:05 pm

BL3 wrote:
What was the point of bringing him in, if he can't work with the players we've got?
to halt the coyle freeloading batshit train

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:08 pm

BL3 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:It's all getting a bit tedious. We aren't going up. Dougie isn't being sacked.

How do you know if any manager would be able to get the best out of them (Coyle certainly couldn't) without giving them a go
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:11 pm

BL3, FFS, were you there? Cba reading your comments about Dougie time and time again. Where were you after the Brum win? Fking bore off.

Eagles had a shocker, we're not good when he's not on form. It was like he didn't want to be there. I stick up for Mears a lot but the tackle which caused the penalty was silly and unnecessary, still, no point booing him though. Ream had another good match apart from attempting to kick the ball out to Boggers and it going out for a corner.

Sigh....another good away day.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:15 pm

they need some forwards.

darren bent is pissed off. get him.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:18 pm

89bwfc89 wrote:BL3, FFS, were you there? Cba reading your comments about Dougie time and time again. Where were you after the Brum win? Fking bore off.

Eagles had a shocker, we're not good when he's not on form. It was like he didn't want to be there. I stick up for Mears a lot but the tackle which caused the penalty was silly and unnecessary, still, no point booing him though. Ream had another good match apart from attempting to kick the ball out to Boggers and it going out for a corner.

Good to here from someone who was there

Best thing is though it was Dougie's fault mears made that stupid tackle :conf:
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:18 pm

BL3 wrote:
Does it matter either way? We are going to have to rebuild now. Let's hope we do it well.

Rest is all pointless.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:21 pm

a1 wrote:they need some forwards.

darren bent is pissed off. get him.

God you are serious :lol:

1. We wouldn't be able to afford him

2. He wouldn't come

3. And there will be a lot bigger clubs after him than us

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:26 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:
89bwfc89 wrote:BL3, FFS, were you there? Cba reading your comments about Dougie time and time again. Where were you after the Brum win? Fking bore off.

Good to here from someone who was there

Best thing is though it was Dougie's fault mears made that stupid tackle :conf:
Course it was. When you are Owen Coyle/the fat bitter kit man/Mick McCarthy/Blackburn's caretaker manager (delete as appropriate), everything is Dougie's fault.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:27 pm

Any chance of a player rating 89?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:29 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
BL3 wrote:
Does it matter either way? We are going to have to rebuild now. Let's hope we do it well.

Rest is all pointless.
I think that he is getting very boring now as well.

bettyrasta
Promising
Promising

Post by bettyrasta » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:34 pm

jaffka wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
BL3 wrote:

Rest is all pointless.
I think that he is getting very boring now as well.
Sssh...I think he may have gone...

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:43 pm

Am I the only one that thought Eagles wasn't that bad?? Granted he didn't have the best game but he had our 2 only notable shots of the first half (perhaps the whole game) and was the only outlet for Pratley on the overlap after his row-z(er).

Lee took a massive step backwards for me, Kev looked arsed and even though he won his usual share of long balls not one went to one of our lads in a dangerous area. Spearing/Andrews give us a solid base to move forward and the back four had Becchio in there pocket and rarely troubled until the stupid penalty.

We looked at our best when Butterfield came on, so much time for the lad even in limited performances and hopefully it is a position we can utilise Holden in if we stick to 4-5-1 upon his return (if not Mavies can slot back in nicely). As I mentioned earlier we need to give Ngog a run of games for him to put up or shut up. Nice to see Sordell is at least making the bench, small steps n all that.

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:48 pm

I'll have a go. I'm sure someone else can do a better job though.

Bogdan - 7. Had very little to do all game. The pen was probably their first shot on target.
Mears - 4. Stupid tackle which led to the pen.
Knight - 6. Played well. Gets too egged on by the crowd shouting shoot when he's pratically stood in front of Bogdan.
Ream - 7. Another good game. Good pace on him.
Alonso - 6. Kept Dioufy fairly quiet.
Andrews - 6. Not as many wayward passes as normal, shows passion and willing.
Spearing - 8. Worked hard as usual, shows passion and willing.
Eagles - 4. Bad, bad day. Wasn't up for it, didn't get a tackle in. DID win a header :shock: (just one though).
Pratley - 6. Tried hard, not as effective as the last match.
Lee - 7. Quiet game. No idea why he was taken off ahead of Eagles though.
SKD - 7. Put his all in as usual. Won most headers, no-one to flick on to though.

Subs, Afobe - 4. Made strange runs that amounted to nothing. NGog - 4. Had no effect on the game. Butterfield - 6. Showed glimpses of a very good footballer, tried hard.

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:52 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
BL3 wrote:

Rest is all pointless.
Yes it matters, unless you think that the players we've got are just going to leave voluntarily.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:21 pm

I wager that Eagles will be off this month. He hasn't looked bothered for a few weeks now, and in the last three games (two of which I've seen, plus this one which I'm relying on other people's perspective) he's been amongst the worst players on the park. He bottles out of 50/50 balls, he can't take a man on, he never stays in position, he's not interested in playing a team game, and I don't think he's interested in playing for us anymore. It's becoming annoying, seeing him constantly shift into the centre of the park, leaving our full backs with no outlet, and with the task of performing the attacking duties of two men. He just wants to be where the goals are - but he's not talented enough to get them on a regular basis.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:30 pm

Felt for those that went today but was always going to be a tough one given their home record.

I'd be intrerested to know the highest amount of penalties given for and awarded against us in a season is. We must be well on track for beating it.
truewhite15 wrote:I wager that Eagles will be off this month. He hasn't looked bothered for a few weeks now, and in the last three games (two of which I've seen, plus this one which I'm relying on other people's perspective) he's been amongst the worst players on the park. He bottles out of 50/50 balls, he can't take a man on, he never stays in position, he's not interested in playing a team game, and I don't think he's interested in playing for us anymore. It's becoming annoying, seeing him constantly shift into the centre of the park, leaving our full backs with no outlet, and with the task of performing the attacking duties of two men. He just wants to be where the goals are - but he's not talented enough to get them on a regular basis.
I hope to God Eagles isn't going anywhere. If you want him to win 50/50s you've been watching the wrong bloke for the last 12 months. He gives us something that no-one else does and thats that bit of flair and creativity to unlock defences. M Davies has it but is far less effective or consistent than Eagles. If his form has dipped these last few games it's only because he's been the stand out player in a miserable season so far.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:17 pm

Eagles is the only one id keep

id slap a transfer request in if i were him mind

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:22 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Eagles is the only one id keep

id slap a transfer request in if i were him mind
He has been utterly shite for weeks now.

He's dining off his early season efforts.

I'd not be unhappy for him to go.

Far far too inconsistent for me.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:31 pm

Still in the pub in Leeds.

Did we play today? :pissed:
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.