Nottingham Forest Away

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Nottingham Forest Away

Post by Turkish Trotter » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:37 pm

Bogdan sounds like he's keeping us in this at the moment. At least 5 superb saves according to Phil Brown.
It's all them and we're hanging on !! System not working at the moment, changes needed.
Born to be a Wanderer!!
Some say Wisdom comes with age, I may be the exception !!

gavlat2872
Promising
Promising

Post by gavlat2872 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:38 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Forest hot to trot and keeping the pressure on. Bogdan clears from the bounce ball and Dawson then clears well. Whites get a forward move it's cleared backwards and forwards till they win a throw. Too little action up front so far from us. De Ridder gives away a free kick and Forest go again, but a goal kick results. KD gets a free from a barge and the Whites come forward. Ball eventually hoofed away by Forest. We don't seem to be working the ball much and Spearing gives a free away on halfway. Alonso clears but Chungy loses out to Lansbury. Bogdan has to beat one out and then another shot cleared by Knight.
he could of waited till half time

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:38 pm

Bogdan makes another great save and it sounds all Forest right now. Hope we have a plan B in place as not much seemingly going our way. KD gets off-sided with MD on the charge. Mears gets a yellow and the homers not happy. We're really under pressure and they get another corner and Alonso assaults their man for yet another corner.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:38 pm

Sounds like a massacre atm. Even through Radio Tango's rosetinters.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:41 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:Sounds like a massacre atm. Even through Radio Tango's rosetinters.
According to bbc we've had 51% possession and no shots of any kind ...
As we get 1 goal for every 5 .2 shots we'd better start soon!
Are we in League 2 yet - Three seasons and we'll be away to Chesham

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:42 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Hairy Bollock? He'd have had a hard time in school :shock:

my apologies to Harry - he's just sent another - it's Harry Ballcock... which is much less funny!! 8)

gavlat2872
Promising
Promising

Post by gavlat2872 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:43 pm

thebish wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Hairy Bollock? He'd have had a hard time in school :shock:

my apologies to Harry - he's just sent another - it's Harry Ballcock... which is much less funny!! 8)
equally funny IMO

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:43 pm

Hopefully Kevin Davies comes off with Pratley, and we go to 4-4-2 with Craig Davies and Sordell replacing those two. This sounds terrible. How can you not have any shots in 45 minutes? There is no link between midfield and our strikers.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:44 pm

thebish wrote:

That would depend how mature one is <smirk>

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:44 pm

gavlat2872 wrote:
thebish wrote:

equally funny IMO
He must be flushed with success

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:45 pm

relax - it's Dougie's gameplan - we play dour and crap for 75mins and then try to win it in the last 15 if we haven't already lost it by then.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:45 pm

gavlat2872 wrote:
thebish wrote:

equally funny IMO
I was typing "much less funny" with a sarcastic tone and a smirk on my face!

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:47 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:Hopefully Kevin Davies comes off with Pratley, and we go to 4-4-2 with Craig Davies and Sordell replacing those two. This sounds terrible. How can you not have any shots in 45 minutes? There is no link between midfield and our strikers.

Pratley getting good mentions, Mavies not been involved up to now, neither has KD, but we can't the ball forward so no surprise there. HT 0 0
Born to be a Wanderer!!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:48 pm

About five minutes to half time. Wheater and Sordell warming up. Forest definitely winning the first half battle and we need something to happen. "Bogdan has been the best Bolton player" the comment as we get a bit of possession. KD getting plenty Tweet hammer apparently and we haven't done much forwards anyway. No Bolton player seems to be doing much except defending and Forest are still pushing hard. Changes imminent for part two? We get a free kick near the corner flag and Spearing puts it in and....headed clear. Two minutes added and Forest boss will definitely be the best pleased of the two. Bogdan claims the ball and we get another late free kick via Pratley. In and....the keeper spilled it but it's cleared. 0-0 half-tim.

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:52 pm

54 % possession for us, 5-0 to them shots on target, we haven't raised a shot of any description according to BBC?

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:52 pm

thebish wrote:relax - it's Dougie's gameplan - we play dour and crap for 75mins and then try to win it in the last 15 if we haven't already lost it by then.
On course so far!
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:57 pm

We conceded a lot in the 15 minute period after half time.

So I fully expect us to capitulate once the second half begins.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:57 pm

If Dougie's plan was to contain for half the game, then we've done that (no small thanks to Bogdan ). We don't seem to be doing much in keeping possession so far but a change up front might work now. Lack of anything like an effort on goal is worrying. Think Eagles might appear as De Ridder doesn't seem to have caused any problems.

Wandering Willy
Icon
Icon

Post by Wandering Willy » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:58 pm

norm the jedi wrote:54 % possession for us, 5-0 to them shots on target, we haven't raised a shot of any description according to BBC?
Do we need to find a rocket scientist to work that one out?
Last edited by Wandering Willy on Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They're dirty, they're filthy, they're never gonna last.
Poor man last, rich man first.

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:58 pm

Armchair Wanderer wrote:
thebish wrote:relax - it's Dougie's gameplan - we play dour and crap for 75mins and then try to win it in the last 15 if we haven't already lost it by then.
On course so far!
We've been even worse than that !!
Born to be a Wanderer!!