Another home win or will Dougie look A-Ddick?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Re: Another home win or will Dougie look A-Ddick?

Post by jaffka » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:36 pm

Not good enough, again. Becoming a recurring theme of this season.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:49 pm

Just got back... Should have easily won that but as usual we don't make clear cut chances and when we do we don't take them.

We have loads of possession around the box. 9 times out of 10 its goes out wide and is then played inside and then its gets scrappy around the edge of the box and we either lose it or it goes out of play. We are predictable for teams because they know we will more than likely pass the ball inside so they just crowd us out. When we do put a cross in, there isn't anybody there to connect with it most of the time.

Although we have the possession, we never seem to really stretch teams and really open them up. Its just messy and scrappy most of the time and really frustrating to watch.

We are looking better as a team IMO since Moritz came into the team but still nowhere near the level of competing in the top 6. Far to inconsistent and like someone above said a "Jekyll & Hyde" team.

The central defence was very shaky today. Not been like that for a while but maybe it was down to conceding 3 at Wigan?

Spearing was shite and has been all season. I would drop him for Medo for a while and see how that's works. Spearing never seems to know what to do with the ball and is constantly shuffling his hands asking where to pass to. Not much of a leader for a captain and gives the ball away far to often.

Danns was our best player and never stopped running. Moritz played some lovely stuff at time and has an incredible eye for a pass. Mason did well holding the ball up at times and almost scored from a low cross from Chungy with a back heel.

Was good to see Mark Davies back on the field today. Great cheer for the lad when he came on and he never stopped asking for the ball. Put in a few heavy tackles aswell which was good to see.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:57 pm

My first game of the season, so I'm probably a little more optimistic not having sat through it all year, I really didn't think it was that bad. We never seemed to hit top gear but created a lot of chances.

Is nice to have a proper right back for the first time in ages. Impressed with Danns. Not sure what Mason actually does.

Pissed off by Moritz and Spearing today, and the latter is so bad its untrue compared to last year. Attitude of both was terrible. Head down, whinging constantly at anyone around. Spearing doesn't want the ball. First half I thought we were good, really good going forward. We could have had four or five. We were also terrible at the back, Second half, for all the possession, we didn't create a thing.

Also, I'd be fecking depressed if I were a Charlton fan. 1-1 away from home to a team who look dodgy if you get at them, and they take a striker off for a left back, and bring another centre-half on with 5 mins to go. It's one thing doing it when you're 1 up, but deary me.

Also the customary standard half-hearted two second boo if we don't win is still there. That was reassuring.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:59 pm

Agree about Spearing Chris, has been awful. Continuing the worrying trend of decent players getting worse under Freedman's coaching/management. Medo also falls into that category unfortunately. Only Ream has been good this season in that role. If we can get a defender in and ship out Knight or Wheater, I'd move Ream into the role because he's better at it than he is at defending.
Thing is I've come to the depressing conclusion that whoever we bring in won't make a massive difference because we have a poor manager who will still feck it up. OK, Dawson would be the argument against that, but I can't see that or the run happening again.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:00 pm

“@OfficialBWFC: DF: "We're disappointed with the result, but not so much the performance." #BOLvCHA”

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:03 pm

Prufrock wrote:My first game of the season, so I'm probably a little more optimistic not having sat through it all year, I really didn't think it was that bad. We never seemed to hit top gear but created a lot of chances.

Is nice to have a proper right back for the first time in ages. Impressed with Danns. Not sure what Mason actually does.

Pissed off by Moritz and Spearing today, and the latter is so bad its untrue compared to last year. Attitude of both was terrible. Head down, whinging constantly at anyone around. Spearing doesn't want the ball. First half I thought we were good, really good going forward. We could have had four or five. We were also terrible at the back, Second half, for all the possession, we didn't create a thing.

Also, I'd be fecking depressed if I were a Charlton fan. 1-1 away from home to a team who look dodgy if you get at them, and they take a striker off for a left back, and bring another centre-half on with 5 mins to go. It's one thing doing it when you're 1 up, but deary me.

Also the customary standard half-hearted two second boo if we don't win is still there. That was reassuring.
It was by no means our worst home performance and if we were doing ok you could write it off as 'one of those days'. However you have got to take into account the poor quality of the opposition. Also that this sort of game is becoming the norm, and that is what is worrying. Taken in the context of our home form, it sums up why we are going nowhere.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:11 pm

Two home wins

Its pathetic

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:13 pm

Il Pirate wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:If we take the lead today we'll win.

If we go a goal behind, a point is the best we can hope for

You are mystic meg & I claim my £5.00.

Unfortuatley nailed on Harry
:D
I could post that prediction every week. When are we going to really have a go at a side from the off?
I recall us being a goal down against Cardiff and winning in one of Dougies 1st games, but cant think of us doing it since. He's such an over cautious bugger and it aint working!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:15 pm

It was bordering on the dismal. We have decent players failing to catch fire. But our defene is shaky and Mills simoply an embarrassment. LCY looks like he's lost his heart for the game. Spearing a shadow of last season's player. Danns and McNaughton earn credit today. No one else came close to playing to their potential.

Another game against poor opposition and once more we fail. Two home victories this season, and our next game is next year!

Whatever the possession stats say Charlton had the clearest chances and could have been three up before we realised there was a game to play.

This is a lot poorer than it needs to be. The manager has to take responsibility for that.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:17 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Prufrock wrote:My first game of the season, so I'm probably a little more optimistic not having sat through it all year, I really didn't think it was that bad. We never seemed to hit top gear but created a lot of chances.

It was by no means our worst home performance and if we were doing ok you could write it off as 'one of those days'. However you have got to take into account the poor quality of the opposition. Also that this sort of game is becoming the norm, and that is what is worrying. Taken in the context of our home form, it sums up why we are going nowhere.
Aye that's fair enough, as I say I've only had it the once. I don't think lack of adventure was the problem today, either with the team he picked or the way they went about it. We weren't great until they scored, but we weren't sat in our own half. The main problem I thought was that we got into good positions, but didn't then move the ball quick enough. Moritz Lee and Eagles have the ability to unlock teams, but didn't play at a high enough tempo. Their full backs were shite, and we didn't do enough to get in behind them.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:21 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Two home wins

Its pathetic
He just needs more time. I's going to take two years minimum to undo the mess that Coyle left.

I mean look at Wigan; they've been in no end of trouble since Coyle left them.
Businesswoman of the year.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:26 pm

Back in, fed and watered. I was so pished off on the drive home I rang gmr and had a rant at Jimmy Wagg.

Danns was great today but no one else shone. It seems to me a number of senior players don't buy in to what Dougie is trying to do, but the thing that really wound me up was playing 451at home agains another poor side. The last six Home matches should have suggested that it just doesn't work, yet he sticks with it.

Mason is 5'8 ish. Can anyone tell me the point of playing balls in the air to a bloke that size with two 6'4 centre backs behind him?!

I've backed DF so far, but I've had enough now.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Turkish Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Turkish Trotter » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:27 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:

Its pathetic
He just needs more time. I's going to take two years minimum to undo the mess that Coyle left.

To be honest, he was given more time to make a bigger mess at our place.
We can call Whelan, but he soon saw through Coyles ineptitude and acted quickly.
Born to be a Wanderer!!
Some say Wisdom comes with age, I may be the exception !!

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:28 pm

My biggest frustration is not knowing where the board and ED stand at the moment. Do they demand promotion or have they told DF to take his time and if it takes 2-3 years then no problem?

Pretty sure that after today we have had 5 wins in the last 21 league games.

Time for a change.

Always hopeful
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Always hopeful » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:50 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Back in, fed and watered. I was so pished off on the drive home I rang gmr and had a rant at Jimmy Wagg.

Danns was great today but no one else shone. It seems to me a number of senior players don't buy in to what Dougie is trying to do, but the thing that really wound me up was playing 451at home agains another poor side. The last six Home matches should have suggested that it just doesn't work, yet he sticks with it.

Mason is 5'8 ish. Can anyone tell me the point of playing balls in the air to a bloke that size with two 6'4 centre backs behind him?!

I've backed DF so far, but I've had enough now.
Ah yes, I enjoyed your rant, as I did all the other rants, apart from the bloke who suggested SKD came back as manager and clearly hadn't thought it through.

Today was grim, yet again. Whilst we managed to keep possession, there was very little end product. It was dull and boring. What summed it up to me was that one of the few bits of play that got the crowd going was close to the end of the game, under the ESL, when McNaughton chased the ball and the player, then the ball again until he won something. That really got the crowd buzzing and demonstrated what they/we like to see - a bit of passion and blood and guts passion, not the tippy tappy passing the ball back and forth and getting nowhere.

I've been happy to cut Freedman some slack until now, but for me, time's run out and he needs to go. We've a lot of good players and we should be better placed than we are and playing better, more entertaining football. The manager has to take responsibility for this and its simply not good enough.
Hope is what keeps us going.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:17 pm

Freedman wrote:"It will turn and we've just got to keep believing and sticking to our high performance levels and hard work.

"We've got to win more games at home. We don't need better performances because I think we've been playing well but we've just got to start getting three points.

"Games are running out but I feel that there is still time to do something here and put a run together."
Businesswoman of the year.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:21 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
Freedman wrote:"It will turn and we've just got to keep believing and sticking to our high performance levels and hard work.

"We've got to win more games at home. We don't need better performances because I think we've been playing well but we've just got to start getting three points.

"Games are running out but I feel that there is still time to do something here and put a run together."
OK I'll start with the obvious, keep giving teams a 1 or 2 goal start, then fingers crossed everyone that we can score some goals. Jesus Christ.

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:22 pm

could pretty much write the same view on the match as I have for other home games - no intensity, zip, purpose, pressing yada yada. I've seen dougies comments and assume therefore this is our game plan. I'm starting to wonder if he'd be happy just having matches at the training ground and all this having other people turning up to watch just gets in the way. If it carries on like it is, he will certainly be reducing the number of people who share the experience with him.
player comments - thought moritz (v much the fulcrum), eagles and mcn were better than avearge. mills was bit off today, didnt win the headers and his passing was iffy; baptiste can add a couple more opponents to the list of guys who've skinned him. everyone else exceptionally average.

grateful if anyone can explain the man management approach that sees your top scorer who's been on a reasonable run, then relegated to the bench for a loanee, although it does seem to follow a pattern whereby someone gets bigged up and then pretty quickly disappears - medo, eagles, ngog.

davroduk
Reliable
Reliable

Post by davroduk » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:47 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:

Its pathetic

Erm correct me if I am wrong but......

Aint they undefeated in the league since he left ???

Two games

Two wins.

So no it wouldnt take two years to undo any mess he made.
Not wishing to pick a fight with you but it is possible for a new manager to come into a club and make an instant difference.
TALKING BALLS AS ALWAYS

davroduk
Reliable
Reliable

Post by davroduk » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:50 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:

Please run away from this club !!!!!!!
TALKING BALLS AS ALWAYS