To Bee or not to Bee. Brentford (H) 25/10/14

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Re: To Bee or not to Bee. Brentford (H) 25/10/14

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:13 pm

thebish wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
IggyTheDawgster wrote:
You seem to think we have a divine right to beat a team based on having a bigger stadium.
Not at all. I just think we should be beating Brentford.
So why should we be beating them, apart from because we'd like to?
because we could fit all of the brentford population into our stadium, of course! :wink:
Aaah. I was worried it was summat to do with the size our stadiums :D

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:14 pm

IggyTheDawgster wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
IggyTheDawgster wrote:
You seem to think we have a divine right to beat a team based on having a bigger stadium.
Because we have a better team than they do maybe?
So why didn't you say that rather than something about their population and stadiums?

IggyTheDawgster
Reliable
Reliable

Post by IggyTheDawgster » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:17 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
IggyTheDawgster wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
IggyTheDawgster wrote:
Because we have a better team than they do maybe?
So why didn't you say that rather than something about their population and stadiums?
Because they're a small tinpot club and I felt like pointing it out.

Anyway.....We won!
It ain't easy, Sleazy even, Deceiving those we, Believe in.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:22 pm

IggyTheDawgster wrote: Because they're a small tinpot club and I felt like pointing it out.

Anyway.....We won!
Hence my comment about billy big bollocks clubs fans.

Anyway, as you say, we won :)

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:28 pm

Under Freedman this season, we averaged 12.1 shots per game with 3.3 on target. Under Lennon, we're averaging 17.6 shots per game with 5.6 on target. Obviously he's only been in charge for 3 games and those numbers could change but it's a step in the right direction to see us playing a more attacking style of football.

I like talking about Freedman in past tense. It makes me all warm and fuzzy :)

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:33 pm

More points in three games than Freedman managed in ten.


thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:36 pm

IggyTheDawgster wrote: Because they're a small tinpot club
newsflash!!! so are we! :wink:

IggyTheDawgster
Reliable
Reliable

Post by IggyTheDawgster » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:37 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:Under Freedman this season, we averaged 12.1 shots per game with 3.3 on target. Under Lennon, we're averaging 17.6 shots per game with 5.6 on target. Obviously he's only been in charge for 3 games and those numbers could change but it's a step in the right direction to see us playing a more attacking style of football.

I don't think any of us need convincing what a shambles we were under freedman :lol:
It ain't easy, Sleazy even, Deceiving those we, Believe in.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:09 pm

Brentford's the only club in the borough of Hounslow, population 254,000... 23,000 less than the Bolton borough. So we could fit the difference in the Macron.

Anyway, very glad we won, and again piled up the shots. Also glad three creatives scored. I await the match reports with a weird feeling I seem to remember as "happy anticipation".

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:12 pm

Put ourselves right under pressure by letting them score. Our defence looked like something from One Man and his Dog and we most did it again two minutes later. Lots of positives and a much needed result. Well chuffed for Lennony and the fans. All out goals were excellent and the last the icing on the cake. :)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:13 pm

IggyTheDawgster wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:Under Freedman this season, we averaged 12.1 shots per game with 3.3 on target. Under Lennon, we're averaging 17.6 shots per game with 5.6 on target. Obviously he's only been in charge for 3 games and those numbers could change but it's a step in the right direction to see us playing a more attacking style of football.

I don't think any of us need convincing what a shambles we were under freedman :lol:
No. But it took some a good while longer to get there .... including, unfortunately, the powers that be.

This is with the same squad. It's now clear that the previous man's tactics, mind-set, and attitude to the players as the main failing points. Playing at a higher tempo, players playing where they are comfortable, playing higher up the pitch and actually attacking & the very same players look twice the team.

Why the fck DF couldn't see that when we all could is beyond me. He should never work again.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:23 pm

bobo the clown wrote: Playing at a higher tempo.

Why the fck DF couldn't see that when we all could is beyond me. He should never work again.

The first point had my dad and I absolutely befuddled when watching Freedman's teams. We couldn't get our collective heads around the apparent lethargy, as if we were playing with Extra Time in mind every game.

The second point, I would be interested to see who may risk to employ him again. I certainly saw no redeeming features at all in our play to suggest he has ability as a manager. Others did, I'm not sure why, I think its just that he talks a good game (though, yet again, i couldn't see that either...) Apparently, and you'll have to take my word on this, the mood at the training ground was f*cking abysmal these last few months, and is much lightened these last couple of weeks. Lennon, by all accounts, is a bit of a prankster and likes people involved for team spirit. So I hear.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:31 pm

AND Lennie brought on Vela. In the 100th minute.

Now that's not going to happen in a league match too often.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:46 pm

Good to get three points. Bonus that it moved us up a place. Two tricky games coming up to test if we're progressing - Norwich and Cardiff. How arse clenching was it after they scored? Old frailties crept back around belief until we bagged the third. The players have to get over the fact that teams sometimes score against you. Three good goals. Danns looked thoughtfully placed as was Cravies. Skill all the way for Mavies'.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:50 pm

Took my girls in The LoV today, hadn't been all season but got a taste for it again at Charlton Tuesday night. Really doesn't work out much dearer and I would have well spent the difference in a restaurant on Middlebrook. Anyway we all had a grand time. There is such a nice vibe about the place and it was a great game to watch. Like Charlton frustrating at times not finishing the moves but I absolutely love watching Lennon in his area! Any wayward pass, long ball or dispossession he goes absolutely sick! Then he celebrates like a mad man when we score!! Great stuff. Hope Pratley and Beckford starry to get left out tho, they are both difficult to watch, and bobbins! Like that Dorian tho!

freeindeed
Promising
Promising

Post by freeindeed » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:08 pm

It seems clear that Beckford now lacks the pace and skill to cut it at this level. Every time I see him, he's largely a passenger. I would play C Davies, as he has more goals in him.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:09 pm

freeindeed wrote:It seems clear that Beckford now lacks the pace and skill to cut it at this level. Every time I see him, he's largely a passenger. I would play C Davies, as he has more goals in him.
... & drive.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:09 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Good to get three points. Bonus that it moved us up a place. Two tricky games coming up to test if we're progressing - Norwich and Cardiff.
have they got bigger stadiums than us or summat?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:11 pm

thebish wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:Good to get three points. Bonus that it moved us up a place. Two tricky games coming up to test if we're progressing - Norwich and Cardiff.
have they got bigger stadiums than us or summat?
Worse. Inbreeding.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:14 pm

1st game back at the Bok/Macron for 3 years....and I'll be back for the next game

IMO 1st half was rubbish, for me no evidence of the Lennon bounce - slow tempo, no movement, no quality but more worrying was the absolute abysmal Pratley & Beckford performances - utter dog shit 2 out of 10 performances.....I've seen better Sunday League games than what I saw in the 1st half, and apart from CYL we where awful.

Expected a response at HT, and wasn't disappointed better tempo & movement in 2nd half but we lack quality in the final 3rd...CYL & M Davies two quality players, back 4 played ok as did Mason....but we are carrying Pratley & Beckford its like playing with 9 men - I'm at the stage where I'm thinking how the feck did Pratley actually become a pro footballer, he's shocking and Beckford (who was good a few years ago) couldn't score if he played for another 6 hours.

NL has made an immediate improvement, very few aimless hoofs....they tried to pass quickly but the team just lack quality or perhaps confidence....they look to be playing in 2nd gear, none of them break sweat.

All in all I'm committed to backing Lennon, but I was a little disappointed in the performance today - but a win is a win.