Oh I do like to be above the....... - Blackpool (A) 22/11/14

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

DJBlu
Site Admin

Re: Oh I do like to be above the....... - Blackpool (A) 22/1

Post by DJBlu » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:48 pm

Can I just say,

Jay Spearing has been fecking awful since coming on.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:51 pm

and we've not played well today.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:59 pm

Work in progress for Lennon, TBH if we'd have gone 1-0 under DF we'd have lost this game.

At the close of play we're in 21st (13 points from a possible 21 under Lennie)
Pfffft.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:05 pm

I'm not gonna get angry or piss and moan about a point away from home, having come back from a goal down.

However, our away form in general, and our form in front of goal in particular, needs to improve if we're gonna make strides up this league. That was only our second result away this season. Given other results today, a win would have seen us climb a fair few places. It's a missed opportunity that we can't afford to miss in the future.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:07 pm

truewhite15 wrote:I'm not gonna get angry or piss and moan about a point away from home, having come back from a goal down.

However, our away form in general, and our form in front of goal in particular, needs to improve if we're gonna make strides up this league. That was only our second result away this season. Given other results today, a win would have seen us climb a fair few places. It's a missed opportunity that we can't afford to miss in the future.
Whilst I agree with comments about away form, I can't agree with form in front of goal. At home under Lennon we've scored 9 goals in three games
Pfffft.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:16 pm

For me, happy to scrape a draw. We need more movement in the final third when teams harass us like they did, we never really gave their defence or Mids much to think about and operation shut down was working too well for them.
We didn't play very well and no doubt Keith will think today was an opportunity for three points lost, still to do a Sammy lee, there are positives, quite of few of them but work still needed.
Why oh why do some of our players require the ball to bounce Two yards off them before getting it under control?

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:30 pm

DJBlu wrote:and we've not played well today.
Disagree. We dominated, played well, and didn't deserve to be a goal down. I'm happy with the overall performance, with the obvious shortfall being a lack of a goal scorer as well as Mavies.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:32 pm

More Moss Bank Park than Stanley Park (okay, I know) today. Very scrappy in places, a lack of real creativity and, in fairness, some 300 defending from them and some awful shooting from us. Refs and liners really need to get to grips with throw ins ( gaining some amazing distances by walking and pointing, then again, then a ten-yard run and the ball launched thirty yards further forward than it should be) and and some dodgy free kick decisions. I had money on the ref being a Blackpool landlord in his spare time today. I was glad to see a point at the end. Typical Blackpool ass-hole tactics, throwing the ball away etc. Chungy deserved his goal for effort although he wasn't quite as polished today, Till their free-kick our defence never really looked in trouble, but part of that was Blackpool's toothlessness in attack. I just knew they were going to score, our goal looked more wide open than an airport runway.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:41 pm

Interesting listening to rival radio commentary. They had Blackpool down for at least a point and claimed they should have had all three. Sounded like we had all the possession but made little of it.

The relief when their keeper only got a yellow was mstched only when we took Feeney off, he seemed to have them terrIfield.

I'll take a point. Difficult few matches coming up and 3 points today would have given us some valuable momentum.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:47 pm

Caught a bit on Tower FM in the car, the guy said Pratley 'bossed' the midfield.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:52 pm

LeverEnd wrote:Caught a bit on Tower FM in the car, the guy said Pratley 'bossed' the midfield.
Yeah and Camoron is a good PM, he wasn't total crap and busy, nor was he the boss.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:51 pm

64% possession away from home! That one stat shows how much things have changed under Lennon.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:13 pm

T'important thing is, we didn't lose. :mrgreen:

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jetsetwilly » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:24 pm

We were easily the better team against a side who had everything behind the ball. Issue is, we have no threat up front. You can't rely on midfield to score every game. Eidur not the answer. Hooper maybe. We need a goalscorer. We bossed it but fair result. Spearing has to go. Spends all his time telling everyone where to go but does nothing himself. Goal was his fault

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:10 pm

jetsetwilly wrote:We were easily the better team against a side who had everything behind the ball. Issue is, we have no threat up front. You can't rely on midfield to score every game. Eidur not the answer. Hooper maybe. We need a goalscorer. We bossed it but fair result. Spearing has to go. Spends all his time telling everyone where to go but does nothing himself. Goal was his fault
Agree with this post....apart from the Eidur comment, decent point IMO

Spearing - he's absolutely shite - their goal was completely his fault, a stupid un necessary challenge at the edge of our box, needs to follow Beckford IMO. Regarding Eidur - he will take the piss out of this league even at 36.

Good possession football today though on a shite pitch (was it 61% away from home) - admittedly against a very poor B/pool side, but B/pool away is always difficult - NL will have learned a lot today he'll know that we are desperate for a quality goal scoring forward and another creative midfielder to help CYL.....unfortunately C Davies & Danns are not good enough at this level IMO, also personally I thought that Feeney & Pratley where shocking today, did nothing !

adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:16 pm

Should have won that, really need somebody who can finish.

Their keeper should have been sent off, brought Cravies down just outside the box when he's about to take it around him. Not sure how that's only a booking, pretty sure he'd have scored if he hadn't been brought down.


adamworthy2002
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by adamworthy2002 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:16 pm

Also, why on earth were people booing Eagles?


twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:18 pm

Went to the game today. We dominated 3/4 of the game, but just didn't have that quality in the last third, although all the players worked really hard. I felt confident, even when we went a goal down, that we would get something from the game, we deserved to. Feeney did very well in the first half, but disappeared in the second. The back four did well, as did lonergan, although they really didn't have much to do in the 1st half, apart from one hitting our crossbar, from a deflection. Their goalkeeper was very lucky not to get a red for his rash challenge on Cravies, but we wasted the free kick, and really that was the sum of the game, poor passes, and wasteful chances. Spearing was poor, and gave away the free kick that led to the goal. Chungy worked hard, but his passing didn;t come off today, but they all worked as a team, which felt good.

Overall? It was a fair result. When we equalised though, it's the first time in a long time i have seen such a reaction from the fans. It was like a huge wave from top to bottom in pure ecstatic delight, with all the fans running down to the front!!

Also, Bogdan was in the midst of the crowd, having his photo taken and doing autographs. Good to see.

Good day today :)

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:43 pm

The Wave 96.5 commentators shat themselves when we scored, claiming they were rushed and nearly had to press their panic button. Could hear our fans throughout, fair play to those who went.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:27 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
jetsetwilly wrote:We were easily the better team against a side who had everything behind the ball. Issue is, we have no threat up front. You can't rely on midfield to score every game. Eidur not the answer. Hooper maybe. We need a goalscorer. We bossed it but fair result. Spearing has to go. Spends all his time telling everyone where to go but does nothing himself. Goal was his fault
Agree with this post....apart from the Eidur comment, decent point IMO

Spearing - he's absolutely shite - their goal was completely his fault, a stupid un necessary challenge at the edge of our box, needs to follow Beckford IMO. Regarding Eidur - he will take the piss out of this league even at 36.
in what way??

20goals?? 20 assists? what exactly do you mean?