Relegation Party: the warm up - Brentford (A) 05/04/16

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Re: Relegation Party: the warm up - Brentford (A) 05/04/16

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:09 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Don't think the pic show any disrespect, why should it?. Probably just a bit of banter with the fans. It's football, not flower arranging.
Agreed. Mardy bums.
Agreed, but ill advised in an age when standing shirtless on a beach outside of work time makes you enemy no 1.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:58 am

Disciplinary action taken against two players following pre-match incident on Tuesday evening
Bolton Wanderers can announce that the club has taken disciplinary action against Liam Trotter and David Wheater.

The pair will be fined, disciplined and warned as to their future conduct after they were caught on camera making an offensive gesture prior to Tuesday night’s game against Brentford at Griffin Park.

Bolton Wanderers takes the conduct of its players and staff extremely seriously and will not tolerate such behaviour.

The club would like to apologise for any offence caused by the incident.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:28 am

as JP saw it...

On the first half performance…

We were dreadful defensively in the first half. It was a very poor defensive display. We set up to press Brentford quite high up the pitch. We wanted to stop Alan McCormack getting on the ball. I think we probably did that to an extent and made Brentford play a little more direct.

On the first half problems…
Within our back four we had a player who I believe to be the quickest defender at the club. We wanted to cope with any balls over the top and we failed to cope with that in the first half. We were better and more competitive in the second half, but we gave ourselves way too much to do. We’ve got to compete first and foremost before we can play. We failed to do that in the first half.

On team selection…
We lacked experience at the back. Alex Finney came in and maybe struggled a little so we opted to switch it at half time. We’re in a position where we’ve got to be looking at what is going to happen next season and which players are likely to be around. Within that, we’ve still got to remain competitive.

On the upcoming games…
The facts are there that we could go down on Saturday at Derby. With the games we’ve got left it’s about time the players gave the supporters something to actually cheer about. First half displays like tonight aren’t good enough.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:34 am

well Griffin Park is probably my new favourite away ground! classic old school four stands, terraces behind the goals, tall floodlights, and so many pubs! wish id opted for the away end tho, looked like fun. they have obviously completely given up hope and were just enjoying themselves, the whole ground were laughing when they kept hold of the ball after Trotter's (truly embarrassing attempt) miss... as for the match, well why spoil it....

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:49 am

LeverEnd wrote:Nothing to do with fans, abuse or disrespect. Just a couple of blokes being silly and not realising it would be aired publicly. The main dickheads are whoever published it and whoever tried to spin it into something it wasn't on twitter. tw*ts.
Yep.

There's a whole industry around getting wound up about f'call. The faintest thing and there are hundreds baying for blood. People really need to learn to chill.

Meanwhile ... what the fck is Sean O'Connor doing to 'The Archers' ???? Hang him !!!!!!
Last edited by bobo the clown on Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:08 am

bobo the clown wrote: There's a whole industry around getting wound up about f'call. The faintest thing and there are hundreds baying gor bloid. People really need to learn to chill.
TOO FECKIN RIGHT! yesterday I turned on the news to find that people are up in arms cos somewhere a white bloke has had his hair done in dreads - and it upset some black folk who think that for some reason it shouldn't be allowed... :roll:

edit... here it is:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:14 am

If we were top of the league and two players did that everyone would just laugh and say "what great characters".

Who gives a shit about a relatively mild gesture?

If they walked over to the away end and did that, then ok, that is poor. But they were clearly having a laugh.

Move on.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:50 am

quoting JP, thebish wrote:Within our back four we had a player who I believe to be the quickest defender at the club.
Now there's a tallest-dwarf competition... Moxey, perhaps?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:17 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
quoting JP, thebish wrote:Within our back four we had a player who I believe to be the quickest defender at the club.
Now there's a tallest-dwarf competition... Moxey, perhaps?
Derik is my guess? Though Maher looked fairly quick on Saturday.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:15 pm

thebish wrote:
bobo the clown wrote: There's a whole industry around getting wound up about f'call. The faintest thing and there are hundreds baying gor bloid. People really need to learn to chill.
TOO FECKIN RIGHT! yesterday I turned on the news to find that people are up in arms cos somewhere a white bloke has had his hair done in dreads - and it upset some black folk who think that for some reason it shouldn't be allowed... :roll:

edit... here it is:

Might be a good topic starter on the banter thread.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:32 pm

^^ dangerous territory as, if any group start demanding their exclusive right to something they are by virtue of that implying there are things they can't do as well.

Where will that end ??

Has anyone seen my application to join the Wimminz Institute BTW ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:34 pm

bobo the clown wrote:^^ dangerous territory as, if any group start demanding their exclusive right to something they are by virtue of that implying there are things they can't do as well.

Where will that end ??

Has anyone seen my application to join the Wimminz Institute BTW ?

come off it - you've been an active member for many years!!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:55 pm

We all know who was behind those "Jam and Jerusalem in the Jalopy" evenings.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:02 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:If we were top of the league and two players did that everyone would just laugh and say "what great characters".

Who gives a shit about a relatively mild gesture?

If they walked over to the away end and did that, then ok, that is poor. But they were clearly having a laugh.

Move on.

Seems to me they were quite clearly trying to be funny top-banter-lads, and failed. Of all the things the useless bastards have tried and failed this year, that's the least offensive.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:33 pm

I regularly stick my finger up when people try to photograph me and I'm a mature and sensible pillar of the community.
I might wave my nob at the park run photographer on Sat and see what twatter makes of that.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:47 pm

LeverEnd wrote:I regularly stick my finger up when people try to photograph me and I'm a mature and sensible pillar of the community.
I might wave my nob at the park run photographer on Sat and see what twatter makes of that.
feck me. If it's not Neil Lennon.......

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:01 pm

LeverEnd wrote:I regularly stick my finger up when people try to photograph me and I'm a mature and sensible pillar of the community.
longer shorts, young man, longer shorts...