Abdoulaye's going t'Souk transfer thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Abdoulaye's going t'Souk transfer thread

Post by ChrisC » Wed May 28, 2014 3:30 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:I see the filthy red Macheda's gone to Cardiff. Can't imagine we could match their wage offer but I'd be surprised if we hadn't been looking at him.
Cardiff are going to have a decent strike force next season for this league with Macheda and Le Fondre.
I'd rather have le Fondre. Not because I doubt Macheda's ability, but because he irritates me.
Le Fondre is quality. Would have him over pretty much any other Striker in the league next season apart from McCormack at Leeds.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Wed May 28, 2014 3:47 pm

Apparently we're after Guidetti on loan now?
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed May 28, 2014 3:54 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:Apparently we're after Guidetti on loan now?
Did well on loan over in Holland I think it was. Didn't he go to Stoke last season?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed May 28, 2014 4:00 pm

ChrisC wrote:
KeyserSoze wrote:Apparently we're after Guidetti on loan now?
Did well on loan over in Holland I think it was. Didn't he go to Stoke last season?
He has a great season with Feyenord 2 seasons ago ... 20 goals in 23 games. Lst year, at Stoke, went backwards. Only 6 appearances, all off the bench. In one he was subbed ON & then later subbed off.

Fits the Mason bill though. Interesting one.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed May 28, 2014 4:47 pm

Threlkeld: oh aye, soz. We did try a young left-back though, didn't we? Hard to recall among the blizzard of new faces in games not many of us cared much about.

Guidetti: worth a go. Youthful promise + need to get back on track + spell in Holland + failure at Stoke + Scandiwegianosity = Eidur? Half the player and he'd be worth a look. Certainly "knows where the net is" (you'd think that'd be a prerequisite, but there "you" go, with your expectations).

Also no stranger to a move, what with spending some time growing up in Kenya after being born in Sweden to parents whose heritage is a mix of Italian, Swedish and Brazilian. Hence, perhaps, his alleged full name of John Alberto Fernando Andres Luigi Olof Guidetti.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed May 28, 2014 4:52 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Threlkeld: oh aye, soz. We did try a young left-back though, didn't we? Hard to recall among the blizzard of new faces in games not many of us cared much about.

Guidetti: worth a go. Youthful promise + need to get back on track + spell in Holland + failure at Stoke + Scandiwegianosity = Eidur? Half the player and he'd be worth a look. Certainly "knows where the net is" (you'd think that'd be a prerequisite, but there "you" go, with your expectations).

Also no stranger to a move, what with spending some time growing up in Kenya after being born in Sweden to parents whose heritage is a mix of Italian, Swedish and Brazilian. Hence, perhaps, his alleged full name of John Alberto Fernando Andres Luigi Olof Guidetti.

I read this and this image came to mind.......

Image Isn't it?

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Wed May 28, 2014 6:28 pm

Guidetti had an illness that caused damage to the nerves in his legs. He's struggled to regain fitness since
http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2013/01/ ... ster-city/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

On the Cardiff front they signed Le Fondre, Macheda and Guerra. I'm hoping that Douglas has asked if we can have Joe Mason back for the season
Pfffft.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Wed May 28, 2014 6:51 pm

Aaron Wilbraham in an excellent player as is Le Fondre. Although most of the Reading fan's I know don't think he is all that now.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Wed May 28, 2014 9:11 pm

Le Fondre, yes. Wilbraham, no. He's just not good enough. Juke is the way to go
Pfffft.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed May 28, 2014 11:19 pm

TKIZ! wrote:Le Fondre, yes. Wilbraham, no. He's just not good enough. Juke is the way to go

He went to school in Knutsford with my ex girlfriend. I know nothing about him as a player.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 29, 2014 9:01 am

Guidetti sounds like exactly the sort we should be avoiding.

Talented and from reports well paid youngster who's never quite made it in England and seems like he could be injury prone.

He could be brilliant but I don't think we're at the point of taking risks.

Surely any and all money we have for a striker simply HAS to go into trying to make the Juke deal work? After that we can see if there is owt left in the pot.

But until Juke comes or goes elsewhere I don't want us looking at any other strikers.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu May 29, 2014 9:24 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:.... any and all money we have for a striker simply HAS to go into trying to make the Juke deal work? After that we can see if there is owt left in the pot.

But until Juke comes or goes elsewhere I don't want us looking at any other strikers.
Agreed, though he needs a partner too ... unless I live&/or Clough are coming through.

I guess Freedman has to be looking and he can't control the timing of when the papers decide to publish stuff.

The Juke .... well that's either virtually done, on the quiet, or won't happen at all imo.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu May 29, 2014 9:28 am

Wilbraham is shit.

I disagree with BWFCi, I think Guidetti is the sort of player we should be looking at (provided we get a third party to do the bastard medical). Eidur MkII! YHIHF. But he'd after be after Juke certainly. Money probably isn't there but I'd be excited if we got him.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 29, 2014 9:38 am

bobo the clown wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:.... any and all money we have for a striker simply HAS to go into trying to make the Juke deal work? After that we can see if there is owt left in the pot.

Agreed, though he needs a partner too ... unless I live&/or Clough are coming through.

I guess Freedman has to be looking and he can't control the timing of when the papers decide to publish stuff.

The Juke .... well that's either virtually done, on the quiet, or won't happen at all imo.
Yeah we'd need another striker to go with him. However, I could live with going into the season with Juke and Beckford simply because we could play Juke up on his own. And then we'd have a loan option during the season.

Given how many midfield players we have I'm sure there'll be times we will play with 1 up and I'd far rather that 1 to be Juke than Beckford!

I saw Sordell tweet that he's already returned to the training (in the gym) for next season. Perhaps his attitude has changed for the better ala Ream and Mills last season?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu May 29, 2014 9:59 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:Guidetti sounds like exactly the sort we should be avoiding.
Not even on our radar according to Douglas the Butterman.
May the bridges I burn light your way

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat May 31, 2014 9:12 am

Dougie is looking into bringing Mason back:
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/bo ... t/11248098._/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
Pfffft.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:46 am

Cannot do links at the moment.

Feeney will sign a 2 year contract on 1st July.

Huddersfield are interested in Keith Andrews.

All from the Bolton News

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:25 am

jaffka wrote:Cannot do links at the moment.

Feeney will sign a 2 year contract on 1st July.

Huddersfield are interested in Keith Andrews.

All from the Bolton News
Cheers Jaffka.

BN says we're not interested in Leeds' Lee Peltier but we are looking to strengthen at full-back, with Freedman "particularly keen to find a left-back [...] the Scot is concerned he does not have adequate cover in the position and sees Alex Baptiste and Tim Ream – who both filled in last term – as options elsewhere in the back four [...but] he has hinted financial demands he has encountered so far are out of the club’s budget." Moxey?

Andrews story is here. No quotes from anyone bar Marc Iles ("Although Dougie Freedman has said the 33-year-old can fight for his place next year, it is understood both the player and the club are open to him spending the final year of his contract elsewhere if the right financial package can be agreed [...] Andrews has openly admitted he would prefer to stay on at Brighton" but the manager's gone, a new midfielder brought in and no new boss yet). Apparently Andrews was wanted by Huddersfield when we signed him – although under a different manager, Simon Grayson.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:18 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote: BN says we're not interested in Leeds' Lee Peltier but we are looking to strengthen at full-back, with Freedman "particularly keen to find a left-back
Whatever happened to McNaughton? Has he snuck back in favour now down at Cardiff? Deffo one of young Douglas's better loan signings last year. Can play either LB or RB. He'd be ideal.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:31 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote: BN says we're not interested in Leeds' Lee Peltier but we are looking to strengthen at full-back, with Freedman "particularly keen to find a left-back
Whatever happened to McNaughton? Has he snuck back in favour now down at Cardiff? Deffo one of young Douglas's better loan signings last year. Can play either LB or RB. He'd be ideal.
Didn't make a start after January, but Cardiff have just sold left-back Andrew Taylor (to Wigan), and OGS might want a wise old campaigner around the joint.

Or, put another way:

You imagine DF would be reasonably happy to get him back as long as the numbers add up. Here's the manager on money in yesterday's BN, talking about Feeney but you get the drift:
When we first brought Liam in on loan, he wasn't in the first-team picture at Millwall. After a month with us they recalled him and said if he wanted to sign him in January we had to fork out £250,000. I refuse to get bullied on fees or wages. I will always put the club first and wasn’t prepared to put that at risk. We had patience and now we've got Liam here on a free transfer, which is good business. Because we are Bolton and it is a great club, our name will be thrown in there sometimes by agents. But I want to do things properly and not put the club at risk financially. We should not be held to ransom.