Freedman out!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Re: Freedman out!

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:27 pm

Hoboh wrote:Seems the executioner is indisposed
Jeez, lighten up will you. We won. We won a game. Of football. Away. How s** must they be?
Pfffft.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:45 pm

TKIZ! wrote:
Jeez, lighten up will you. We won. We won a game. Of football. Away. How s** must they be?
It is still not a good enough start to the season by a long way. But I hate to think the mood had we not got a win.

It's a start. And a massive relief.

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:53 pm

But looking on the bright side, poor CP lost, on the other hand Burnley have had their best start for 60 years, Wigan won in Europe, the Yodas are going through a blue spell of racism/non-racism and Ed's dad had a downer on Britain. I just hoope we can keep the good news rolling along. 8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:59 pm

Gravedigger wrote:But looking on the bright side, poor CP lost, on the other hand Burnley have had their best start for 60 years, Wigan won in Europe, the Yodas are going through a blue spell of racism/non-racism and Ed's dad had a downer on Britain. I just hoope we can keep the good news rolling along. 8)
In simple terms please.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:09 pm

It was great to win, of course, but nothing has really changed about Freedman and even in victory, he still showed the same flaws as a manager that he's done all season. We play good football sometimes, yet when we go up, instead of pushing for a second or third, we look to defend what we've got which is overly negative. When we were 1-0 up today, instead of pushing on to try and get a second before half time, over 50% of possession was in our final third which I've never seen before and that's a very dangerous strategy which has cost us so many points since Freedman has been our manager. If it was reliable, great, but it clearly isn't otherwise it wouldn't have cost us so many times in the past.

Against an utterly toothless Birmingham side, it worked. However, I don't like the strategy at all, especially when we've shown many times how impressive we can be when attacking opposition. If Freedman had a mentality of wanting to win every game 5-0, he'd be a much better manager than he is but his natural conservative managerial style means he will always try to defend any lead rather than increase it. We have a quality first team and plenty of depth at the club, so we're always going to win games, but I always get the opinion that we're underperforming under Freedman because of his managerial style.

He won't get sacked after today and the chances are, we'll start to improve and win enough games to ensure that he's in charge for a while longer, which I think is a shame because Freedman won't get us promoted. It'll be a scrappy, up and down season with plenty of inconsistent form. We're stuck in limbo - we have a team which will win enough games to prevent Freedman being sacked, yet they aren't good enough to get promoted despite him being inept. We already have a good team and with a good manager, I'm confident we'd get into the play-offs although I don't think that's going to happen under Freedman. At the end of the season, I think a few of our fans will be wishing our goal against Yoevil had correctly not been given, because a loss to them would have been the end for Freedman whereas because that goal counted and we got a draw, he got a second chance when we could have moved on to a better manager.

A win is great but, sadly, it means Freedman will stay when he deserves to be sacked.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:12 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:I think a few of our fans will be wishing our goal against Yoevil had correctly not been given, because a loss to them would have been the end for Freedman whereas because that goal counted and we got a draw, he got a second chance when we could have moved on to a better manager.

I think they will be very few indeed - in fact, I suspect it will just be you at the end of the season looking back and wishing Yeovil had beaten us.

sorry our win has spoiled your day... :(

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:23 pm

TKIZ! wrote:
Look I am as happy as fcuk we got 3 points for a change and if we can pull a few more 3 pointers out of the next 5 or so I will be over the moon. This is only a mini run of two games (no I don't count Yeovil at home as part of that) but 4 out of 6 is reasonable going against two 'not so easy teams', both away.
My biggest question about Freedman seems to be if he knew about our latest loan additions then why did he not pursue them earlier, perhaps in the transfer window. You still cannot get away from mistakes he has made, I don't 'hate' the bloke but if he cannot build on this then he really will have to go.
Only time will tell but Christmas is the absolute limit unless we lose the next five.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:29 pm

I love this photo, doubt I'll ever tire of posting it:

His name was Pete Molyneux, it's not even an anagram of smokin'!!

gizmothevoomer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by gizmothevoomer » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:31 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:It was great to win, of course, but nothing has really changed about Freedman and even in victory, he still showed the same flaws as a manager that he's done all season. We play good football sometimes, yet when we go up, instead of pushing for a second or third, we look to defend what we've got which is overly negative. When we were 1-0 up today, instead of pushing on to try and get a second before half time, over 50% of possession was in our final third which I've never seen before and that's a very dangerous strategy which has cost us so many points since Freedman has been our manager. If it was reliable, great, but it clearly isn't otherwise it wouldn't have cost us so many times in the past.

Against an utterly toothless Birmingham side, it worked. However, I don't like the strategy at all, especially when we've shown many times how impressive we can be when attacking opposition. If Freedman had a mentality of wanting to win every game 5-0, he'd be a much better manager than he is but his natural conservative managerial style means he will always try to defend any lead rather than increase it. We have a quality first team and plenty of depth at the club, so we're always going to win games, but I always get the opinion that we're underperforming under Freedman because of his managerial style.

He won't get sacked after today and the chances are, we'll start to improve and win enough games to ensure that he's in charge for a while longer, which I think is a shame because Freedman won't get us promoted. It'll be a scrappy, up and down season with plenty of inconsistent form. We're stuck in limbo - we have a team which will win enough games to prevent Freedman being sacked, yet they aren't good enough to get promoted despite him being inept. We already have a good team and with a good manager, I'm confident we'd get into the play-offs although I don't think that's going to happen under Freedman. At the end of the season, I think a few of our fans will be wishing our goal against Yoevil had correctly not been given, because a loss to them would have been the end for Freedman whereas because that goal counted and we got a draw, he got a second chance when we could have moved on to a better manager.

A win is great but, sadly, it means Freedman will stay when he deserves to be sacked.
Why not follow a manager you believe in rather than Bolton Wanderers, your post suggests you would rather BWFC failed under Dougie just so he gets the sack..

Personally I would rather the club succeeds under this manager and given time I am confident we will!!!!

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:31 pm

SF you are a million miles out.

We did very well today against a form home team.

Knocking wins is just bizarre.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:33 pm

And on the back.......

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:34 pm

gizmothevoomer wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:It was great to win, of course, but nothing has really changed about Freedman and even in victory, he still showed the same flaws as a manager that he's done all season. We play good football sometimes, yet when we go up, instead of pushing for a second or third, we look to defend what we've got which is overly negative. When we were 1-0 up today, instead of pushing on to try and get a second before half time, over 50% of possession was in our final third which I've never seen before and that's a very dangerous strategy which has cost us so many points since Freedman has been our manager. If it was reliable, great, but it clearly isn't otherwise it wouldn't have cost us so many times in the past.

Why not follow a manager you believe in rather than Bolton Wanderers, your post suggests you would rather BWFC failed under Dougie just so he gets the sack..

Personally I would rather the club succeeds under this manager and given time I am confident we will!!!!
That's were you lose me.

gizmothevoomer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by gizmothevoomer » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:46 pm

Hoboh wrote:
gizmothevoomer wrote:

That's were you lose me.
Am confident by the end of November we will be mid table.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:58 pm

Hoboh wrote:And on the back.......
It's not to say with blind faith that persevere with Freedman and all will be right. Neither is it to say he's got everything right, nor that he won't f*ck up in the future.

My point is that none of us have a crystal ball, our opinions, however vociferously voiced on here are for the most part uninformed in that very few of us, if any, have an idea what's going on within the club.

On the 17th August there were calls for Wenger to be sacked!

No doubt, there are plenty of folk convinced already that Moyes is a bad appointment.

Over 50% of managers at England's 92 top flight clubs are in their first year at the job, they can't all serve up instant gratification, so no doubt that stat isn't likely to change any time soon. I'm happy for any club to put a bit of trust in it's own judgement and give something time to grow.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:05 pm

Enoch wrote:
Hoboh wrote:And on the back.......
It's not to say with blind faith that persevere with Freedman and all will be right. Neither is it to say he's got everything right, nor that he won't f*ck up in the future.

My point is that none of us have a crystal ball, our opinions, however vociferously voiced on here are for the most part uninformed in that very few of us, if any, have an idea what's going on within the club.

On the 17th August there were calls for Wenger to be sacked!

No doubt, there are plenty of folk convinced already that Moyes is a bad appointment.

Over 50% of managers at England's 92 top flight clubs are in their first year at the job, they can't all serve up instant gratification, so no doubt that stat isn't likely to change any time soon. I'm happy for any club to put a bit of trust in it's own judgement and give something time to grow.
Very thoughtful and insightful post that, fella
Pfffft.

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:19 pm

jaffka wrote:SF you are a million miles out.

They've only won two of their six home league games this season.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:36 pm

BL3 wrote:

Is it a full moon, the full collection of dickheads are out.

Do you know how to use search?

Jog on, prick.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:38 pm

BL3 wrote:

When it's the last 2 scoring 8 goals and with a cup win over premier cup holders inbetween those 2 games, then 'form team' is hardly a stretch.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:40 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
BL3 wrote:

When it's the last 2 scoring 8 goals and with a cup win over premier cup holders inbetween those 2 games, then 'form team' is hardly a stretch.
You shouldn't have wasted your time.

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:13 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
BL3 wrote:

They beat Millwall and Sheffield Wednesday. Millwall conceded another five today and Wednesday are currently one point off the bottom of the table. Let's not pretend that they're world beaters.