Abdoulaye's going t'Souk transfer thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Abdoulaye's going t'Souk transfer thread

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:42 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
malcd1 wrote:
ChrisC wrote:Going off recent reports, we seem to be trying to offload before we bring anybody else in. Andrews and Sordell being the obvious two.
I would add Chungy and possibly Wheater to that list as neither are guaranteed first team football but would demand a fee.
I sure wouldn't off load Chungy if we can possibly keep him.
Depends, he should be one of our best players, probably one of the higher wages, not sure if we couldn't live without him at a push. If he had a decent World Cup we might get some high-ish offers. Chungy could go to a lowish prem club or anywhere in Europe (somewhere that can afford his wages).

The problem with some of these other players must be wages. Other c'ship clubs could easily have snapped up Andrews but he player/agent may not want lower wages. Suppose there's plenty of time yet.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:10 pm

thebish wrote:I'm sure he's sweating on your final verdict! ;-)
Yeah he comes on here every evening under the pseudo "GoogleBot" to see what I have said today.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:42 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
malcd1 wrote:
ChrisC wrote:Going off recent reports, we seem to be trying to offload before we bring anybody else in. Andrews and Sordell being the obvious two.
I would add Chungy and possibly Wheater to that list as neither are guaranteed first team football but would demand a fee.
I sure wouldn't off load Chungy if we can possibly keep him.
I would, like a shot. Very disappointing last 2 seasons, stagnating in this division. Would get a bit of cash (for the Juke?) and free up a big chunk of wages. He'd get a fresh start, which I think he needs.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:07 pm

I'd get shot too. I won't be banking on him drawing attention to himself at the WC. Potentially he'll have one good game against Algeria, I reckon.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:58 pm

I don't know how we'd live without Chungy what with all the goals and assists we'd miss....oh wait

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:41 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:I'd get shot too. I won't be banking on him drawing attention to himself at the WC. Potentially he'll have one good game against Algeria, I reckon.

But he's in the galaxy 11! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ystoqYTciBI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PS imagine playing the fate of human existence and picking chungy AND victor moses :/
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:24 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:I don't know how we'd live without Chungy what with all the goals and assists we'd miss....oh wait
Sure I saw a stat somewhere showing him to have amongst the highest number of assists. I do agree though that if a decent offer comes in we should take it. Like Nolan did, he needs a change of scenery.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:16 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:I don't know how we'd live without Chungy what with all the goals and assists we'd miss....oh wait
Sure I saw a stat somewhere showing him to have amongst the highest number of assists. I do agree though that if a decent offer comes in we should take it. Like Nolan did, he needs a change of scenery.
He does along with one of the highest pass completion percentages.

When you live in a world where everything is either shit or ace, these things get overlooked.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:56 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
3 goals and 5 assists. Liam Trotter and Tim Ream have 4 assists to their name to contextualise the numbers.

Spearing had our top assist count at 7.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:20 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
3 goals and 5 assists. Liam Trotter and Tim Ream have 4 assists to their name to contextualise the numbers.

2nd highest in the team then?

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:18 pm

No attacking midfielder/winger is going to shine with us right now though. They have a difficult job.

Chungy is beneficial because of the money he brings into the club, anyway. Even if he wasn't a good player, I still wouldn't get rid of him because of the added exposure he brings. How many players could we sign to replace him who could star alongside people like Messi, Ronaldo, Falcao, Rooney, Casillas and others in a TV advert? He's a lucrative player and there's no we could replace his financial worth. He's an asset off the pitch, without question.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:19 pm

There he is!
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:52 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote: Chungy is beneficial because of the money he brings into the club, anyway. Even if he wasn't a good player, I still wouldn't get rid of him because of the added exposure he brings.

how does that work exactly? how much money does he bring into the club - and how does that compare with what we pay him?

what is the exposure you speak of - and how does it benefit us?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:54 pm

I don't think he brings in any additional revenue, other than a few tourists pitching up every now and then. We're certainly not plastered all over Korean TV, with shirts flying off the rails with 27 on the back

I'd keep him, because I saw signs last season of him returning to form. I think he will be a big player for us next season and can't wait to see how he does
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:21 pm

thebish wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote: Chungy is beneficial because of the money he brings into the club, anyway. Even if he wasn't a good player, I still wouldn't get rid of him because of the added exposure he brings.

how does that work exactly? how much money does he bring into the club - and how does that compare with what we pay him?

Big name players will always bring in more money; ticket sales, shirts, other merchandise and that's just from fans. A South Korean company like Hanwha Solar One would not have sponsored us had it not been for us having one of the most famous South Korean players. Their TV networks will have (or possibly still do) show more Bolton games, meaning we get more international TV money. It's important for any club to expand the fanbase internationally and players like Chungy do that.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:24 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:
thebish wrote:

Big name players will always bring in more money; ticket sales, shirts, other merchandise and that's just from fans. A South Korean company like Hanwha Solar One would not have sponsored us had it not been for us having one of the most famous South Korean players. Their TV networks will have (or possibly still do) show more Bolton games, meaning we get more international TV money. It's important for any club to expand the fanbase internationally and players like Chungy do that.
Nope, we don't.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:32 pm

I do hope you're not bring facts into this
Sto ut Serviam

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:51 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:
thebish wrote:

can you have a go at quantifying that for me - and set it alongside how much we pay and have paid Chungy? Y'see - to test your theory that it would be worth keeping Chungy just for the commercial power of his presence alone - some figures - even only approximate ones - would be useful...

I'm sceptical that he is the money-spinner you portray him as.

also - how much "international TV money" do we actually get?

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:57 pm

However much 'international TV money' we get, it's in no way affected by the number of times we appear on Korean TV.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:58 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

2nd highest in the team then?
Like I said, when a person is jangled, facts get ignored.