Now he's gone, who's next?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who would you like to see replacing Owen Coyle?

Alan Curbishley
12%
Paolo di Canio
7%
Billy Davies
7%
Keith Hill
4%
Roy Keane
1%
Mick McCarthy
9%
Gary Neville
8%
A rising lower-league boss (eg Micky Mellon)
9%
BWFC legend (eg Hierro/Gudni/McGinlay)
8%
Someone from abroad (eg Solskjaer)
27%
Someone from within (LSL/Jiminho/Didsy/Zico)
2%
AN Other
6%

Total votes: 128

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Now he's gone, who's next?

Post by ChrisC » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:29 pm

jmjhb wrote:
If Dougie would rather manage players like Kevin Davies, Martin Petrov, and Chris Eagles, over Wilf Zaha, Jon Williams, Andre Moritz, Yannick Bolasie and so on, more fool him!
:lol: :lmfao:
They are comical on there. They think they are a bigger club than us :lol: we only had a few seasons in the bottom depths of the premiership apparently.

I do feel sorry for them though. They seem devastated that he might leave.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:30 pm

IggyTheDawgster wrote:Still think Jimmy deserves a shot after Saturday, Freedman is a bigger gamble than what we already have in place. I have a feeling this is about Zaha somehow.
Freedman is a bigger gamble than a bloke who's managed 1 game and another who managed for 10 with a record of 0.5 PPG ?

You're going to have to run that by me.....

IggyTheDawgster
Reliable
Reliable

Post by IggyTheDawgster » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:36 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
IggyTheDawgster wrote:Still think Jimmy deserves a shot after Saturday, Freedman is a bigger gamble than what we already have in place. I have a feeling this is about Zaha somehow.
Freedman is a bigger gamble than a bloke who's managed 1 game and another who managed for 10 with a record of 0.5 PPG ?

Jimmy knows the club inside out, He knows the fans, The players, The board etc. He wouldn't be as big a gamble in monetary terms-He's done a lot of work behind the scenes with the academy and reserves, At least we could give him a month or two, See how things pan out. That would be my choice, I'm not overly excited about Freedman. He's lost as many as he's won at Palace.
It ain't easy, Sleazy even, Deceiving those we, Believe in.

football247
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by football247 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:39 pm

It seems its on now,

Good luck to him at Bolton, to be honest I think he will sacked in a year with you guys, he honestly isnt that great.

Crazy move by both your chairman and Dougie.

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:40 pm

jmjhb wrote:
If Dougie would rather manage players like Kevin Davies, Martin Petrov, and Chris Eagles, over Wilf Zaha, Jon Williams, Andre Moritz, Yannick Bolasie and so on, more fool him!
:lol: :lmfao:
Never even heard of the last three. Brilliant.
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:41 pm

IggyTheDawgster wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Jimmy knows the club inside out, He knows the fans, The players, The board etc. He wouldn't be as big a gamble in monetary terms-He's done a lot of work behind the scenes with the academy and reserves, At least we could give him a month or two, See how things pan out. That would be my choice, I'm not overly excited about Freedman. He's lost as many as he's won at Palace.
Jimmy knows the fans? All of them?

Owen Coyle knew the club, that didn't work out so well.

And does Jimmy Phillips even want the job? He may well not.....

This is a bigger gamble in terms of money. But presumably if there was any chance of Phillips getting it, we'd not be doing this......

IggyTheDawgster
Reliable
Reliable

Post by IggyTheDawgster » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:45 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
IggyTheDawgster wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

This is a bigger gamble in terms of money. But presumably if there was any chance of Phillips getting it, we'd not be doing this......
I'm sure he knows a fair few, He's been with us since '93 hasn't he? Coyle was with us for 2 years, I'd hardly say that's committed, Never understood the buzz about Coyle, He was and always will be the epitomy of Average-Never stayed anywhere long enough to prove otherwise.

I'm sure Jimmy would jump at the chance if he was offered, He loves the club.
It ain't easy, Sleazy even, Deceiving those we, Believe in.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:48 pm

IggyTheDawgster wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
IggyTheDawgster wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

I'm sure he knows a fair few, He's been with us since '93 hasn't he? Coyle was with us for 2 years, I'd hardly say that's committed, Never understood the buzz about Coyle, He was and always will be the epitomy of Average-Never stayed anywhere long enough to prove otherwise.

I'm sure Jimmy would jump at the chance if he was offered, He loves the club.
See the post from the guy above.

I suspect Phillips is happy doing what he is doing than a pressurised management job where he could be sacked in a few months.....

chester white
Promising
Promising

Post by chester white » Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:51 pm

Underwhelmed with the news to be honest, but if he is appointed then he'll have my full backing.

Huge call from Gartside.
The Sherpa Van Trophy! We've won it one time!

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:21 pm

Anyone know what formation Palace tend to play?

football247
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by football247 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:26 pm

Beefheart wrote:Anyone know what formation Palace tend to play?

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:27 pm

football247 wrote:
Beefheart wrote:Anyone know what formation Palace tend to play?
He'll do for me then.

The Dangler
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by The Dangler » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:00 pm

Does anyone believe that this is the managerial signing that will fire up the lads to promotion?
I'm struggling to see it?

Come on tell me otherwise... Please!

Toni_DelijeSever
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Toni_DelijeSever » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:00 pm

Is this close to agreement?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaVIQoyFue0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:02 pm

Toni_DelijeSever wrote:Is this close to agreement?
I think you have to imagine it is....

Toni_DelijeSever
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Toni_DelijeSever » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:04 pm

Oh. Crap.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaVIQoyFue0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:05 pm

Freedmans taking a pretty big gamble so I can only assume we're offering a fairly hefty contract.

I feel for Palace though. They're a good club who I consider to be pretty much on a par with us, so easy to see why their fans would be upset.

Good to hear he bought 2 of their shining lights to the club. We not only need a man who can get the best out of our defence, but someone who can spend our few pennies very wisely.

Whatever, I'm fed up of the negativity around me in the Reebok, so he'll get my full backing
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:09 pm

thebish wrote:
Toni_DelijeSever wrote:Is this close to agreement?
I think you have to imagine it is....
Well we have the small matter of persuading him to come here and agreeing terms....

He did ask to talk to us though, so presumably some of the background work is done.

But there are managers who've been given permission to talk to clubs, held talks, then said 'no ta'.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:10 pm

Not inspired by Freedman, personally.

Notakalou
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Notakalou » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:10 pm

Don't really see the appeal of Freedman. I personally would have gone with a more experienced option. This looks an awful lot like the Coyle situation with Burnley except for Coyle had more experience and success at the time and he has a connection to the club. The are a couple of things that work in Freedmans favour though as he's worked on a tight budget, nurtured young talent and managed to turn around a spell of bad form (something Coyle never managed) but, then I just think that its the Championship and how many managers have done the same.

I really don't know what to make of the situation, if he does join though he'll get my support but I have a feeling it could all end in tears.