Freedman out!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Freedman out!

Post by thebish » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:57 am

BL3 wrote:
thebish wrote:assumption 2: BWFC would appoint a manager who would do any better
To be fair it would be difficult to do any worse than one win in eleven games.
i believe that's what people said the last time - and the time before.... I certainly remember the oft-repeated refrain "anyone but Coyle"

chester white
Promising
Promising

Post by chester white » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:08 am

thebish wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:
Sponge wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:I think a few of our fans will be wishing our goal against Yoevil had correctly not been given, because a loss to them would have been the end for Freedman whereas because that goal counted and we got a draw, he got a second chance when we could have moved on to a better manager.
:lmfao:

OK, go on. The game's up. Run along now you absolute wanker. Have you really nothing better to do? Just jog on!

Aye, that was shocker, SF. I mean, really fecking idiotic.
Why? Had we lost to Yoevil, Freedman would surely have been sacked and we'd have a new, and better, manager by now. Nobody wants to see us lose but sometimes, things have to get worse before they can improve. What's the better alternative? Plodding along with a mediocre PPG tally throughout the entire season and finishing in the lower half, which I think is what will happen under Freedman, or doing abysmally, the manager getting sacked and then being replaced by someone who knows what he's doing?

Like I said, nobody wants us to lose. I'd be delighted if Freedman could get us into the play-off spots this year but even the most optimistic fans knows that he's well out of his depth. The sooner he's gone, the better for the club. He should have gone several games ago and if he had, there'd be more reason for optimism than there currently is.

The same thing happened with Coyle too. We won a couple of games when the pressure on him was building, but in hindsight, was that the best thing for the club? No. The best thing would have been a heavy, inexcusable loss instead of a win because Coyle would have been sacked and we could of brought in a manager capable of saving us.
assumption 1: Freedman would have been sacked had we lost to Yeovil
assumption 2: BWFC would appoint a manager who would do any better
assumption 3: we will finish in the lower half of the league under Freedman

seems to me like a desire to lose a game based on less than solid ground...

also, I suspect there won't be many fans looking back at the end of the season and wishing we had lost to Yeovil - I suspect that will just be you... I hope it doesn't spoil your play-off final celebrations... :wink:
I'd also pick up on the statement "even the most optimistic fans know he's well out of his depth".

In my experience that is just blatantly untrue. In fact the feel I get across various message boards and people I go to the game with/sit around that they don't think that at all.
The Sherpa Van Trophy! We've won it one time!

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:09 am

boltonboris wrote:If you ever want your own team to lose, other than in a meaningless game where you stand to earn a feck load in a bet. You're a c*nt.

Gutted about getting points as it doesn't suit your agenda? Do feck off you absolute shitcunt
Well said.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:15 am

Freedman would not have been sacked post Yeovil, whatever the result

There's a big job going on and he's being backed to do it
Sto ut Serviam

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:23 am

CAPSLOCK wrote:Freedman would not have been sacked post Yeovil, whatever the result

There's a big job going on and he's being backed to do it
Does the stadium need painting then?

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:21 pm

thebish wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:
Sponge wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:I think a few of our fans will be wishing our goal against Yoevil had correctly not been given, because a loss to them would have been the end for Freedman whereas because that goal counted and we got a draw, he got a second chance when we could have moved on to a better manager.
:lmfao:

OK, go on. The game's up. Run along now you absolute wanker. Have you really nothing better to do? Just jog on!

Aye, that was shocker, SF. I mean, really fecking idiotic.
Why? Had we lost to Yoevil, Freedman would surely have been sacked and we'd have a new, and better, manager by now. Nobody wants to see us lose but sometimes, things have to get worse before they can improve. What's the better alternative? Plodding along with a mediocre PPG tally throughout the entire season and finishing in the lower half, which I think is what will happen under Freedman, or doing abysmally, the manager getting sacked and then being replaced by someone who knows what he's doing?

Like I said, nobody wants us to lose. I'd be delighted if Freedman could get us into the play-off spots this year but even the most optimistic fans knows that he's well out of his depth. The sooner he's gone, the better for the club. He should have gone several games ago and if he had, there'd be more reason for optimism than there currently is.

The same thing happened with Coyle too. We won a couple of games when the pressure on him was building, but in hindsight, was that the best thing for the club? No. The best thing would have been a heavy, inexcusable loss instead of a win because Coyle would have been sacked and we could of brought in a manager capable of saving us.
assumption 1: Freedman would have been sacked had we lost to Yeovil
assumption 2: BWFC would appoint a manager who would do any better
assumption 3: we will finish in the lower half of the league under Freedman

seems to me like a desire to lose a game based on less than solid ground...

also, I suspect there won't be many fans looking back at the end of the season and wishing we had lost to Yeovil - I suspect that will just be you... I hope it doesn't spoil your play-off final celebrations... :wink:
They are assumptions but fair ones to make. Had we lost to Yoevil, it would have been a horrific start to the season and I think it's fair to suggest Freedman would have been sacked, especially when you look at Coyle's sacking. It'd also be hard to find a manager who is worse than Freedman, given that his career win percentage is the lowest in the league given Gary Bowyer's recent improvement at Blackburn. Looking at Freedman's statistics and start to the season, a lower half finish is the most likely outcome this year.

All of that is hypothetical, of course, but they're all fair assumptions given what we know about Freedman.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:47 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote: They are assumptions but fair ones to make. Had we lost to Yoevil, it would have been a horrific start to the season and I think it's fair to suggest Freedman would have been sacked, especially when you look at Coyle's sacking. It'd also be hard to find a manager who is worse than Freedman, given that his career win percentage is the lowest in the league given Gary Bowyer's recent improvement at Blackburn. Looking at Freedman's statistics and start to the season, a lower half finish is the most likely outcome this year.

All of that is hypothetical, of course, but they're all fair assumptions given what we know about Freedman.

my point was not one assumption - but assumptions built upon assumptions - a very shaky foundation to build a case for wishing we had lost a game..

as it happens - i really don't think we would have sacked dougie had we lost to Yeovil...

assuming dougie would have been sacked and assuming sticking with dougie would not have us finishing top half and assuming whoever was brought in to replace him would do a much better job... nahhh - might be enough to persuade you that it would be better to lose a game - but certainly not me.

Relentless09
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Relentless09 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:07 pm

If Dougie was sacked, who are these better managers that would jump at the chance to join Bolton ? I doubt there is any.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:09 pm

Relentless09 wrote:If Dougie was sacked, who are these better managers that would jump at the chance to join Bolton ? I doubt there is any.
SF is backing the Pulis horse... (or thinks Martin Jol might be tempted)

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:11 pm

Relentless09 wrote:If Dougie was sacked, who are these better managers that would jump at the chance to join Bolton ? I doubt there is any.

Get with the programme. ANYONE but Freedman would be better. Just as ANYONE but Coyle, ANYONE but Megson and ANYONE but Lee would be better managers.

The next manager better win his first game 25-0 otherwise he'll be out on his arse! :roll:

Relentless09
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Relentless09 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:21 pm

thebish wrote:
SF is backing the Pulis horse... (or thinks Martin Jol might be tempted)
After everything Pulis has done with Stoke, there isn't a hope he would do it all over again.

Martin Jol at Bolton........ Someone local should offer the Town Hall steps :lol:

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:45 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:

Get with the programme. ANYONE but Freedman would be better. Just as ANYONE but Coyle, ANYONE but Megson and ANYONE but Lee would be better managers.

The next manager better win his first game 25-0 otherwise he'll be out on his arse! :roll:
I don't think we can expect him to keep a clean sheet to be fair.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:49 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:

I don't think we can expect him to keep a clean sheet to be fair.

You mean Poyet is getting the job? :wink:

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:45 pm

It's their own fault.. Every Palace should have a throne. If they don't... The floor will have to do
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:38 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:

They are assumptions but fair ones to make. Had we lost to Yoevil, it would have been a horrific start to the season and I think it's fair to suggest Freedman would have been sacked, especially when you look at Coyle's sacking. It'd also be hard to find a manager who is worse than Freedman, given that his career win percentage is the lowest in the league given Gary Bowyer's recent improvement at Blackburn. Looking at Freedman's statistics and start to the season, a lower half finish is the most likely outcome this year.

Are you Scroobius Pip :D ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... hFLk#t=166" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:42 pm

Prufrock wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:

Are you Scroobius Pip :D ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... hFLk#t=166" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Never judge a book by it's cover. Don't judge Lethal Weapon by Danny Glover" :lol: :wink:
Pfffft.

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:54 am

Was he (dougie) any good when we won 9 out of 10 (or similar) home games and missed the play offs by a point?
As apparently it wasn't Dawson's doing ? Or was that some other factor at play?
Are we in League 2 yet - Three seasons and we'll be away to Chesham

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:49 am

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/10 ... go/?ref=mr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The BN have their say (in a roundabout way). Its actually quite a good piece!

Sponge
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Sponge » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:39 am

"The bench at Blackpool last Tuesday night totalled around £15million in transfer fees, excluding the price paid at tribunal for youngster Rob Hall. Five of the seven had been signed by Coyle."

Uff.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:04 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/10 ... go/?ref=mr

The BN have their say (in a roundabout way). Its actually quite a good piece!
It's a terrible piece.

"As things stand now, Dougie Freedman’s team have timed their return to form perfectly, recovering from a 10-game winless streak to beat Birmingham City on Saturday; and now sit 20th with eight points." - "Return to form" is very generous given that our goal against Yeovil shouldn't have counted and we were gifted two goals against Birmingham. Aside from that 'timed perfectly' indicates that it was all part of a masterplan...no, the plan is to win every single game from the first to the last. We didn't strategically do abysmally for the first few games in order to catch Birmingham off guard and scrape a win against them. This logic is nonsense.

"Is it telling, however, that four months into his reign at Wigan Athletic, Coyle has not signed a single one of the players under his charge at Bolton." - No it's not. It means absolutely nothing. Maybe Coyle would have loved to sign some of our players but didn't because Wigan don't need strengthening in that area, don't want to pay over the odds, the player wouldn't be interested in leaving or numerous other reasons. It's not 'telling' at all and it's certainly not proof that Coyle doesn't rate the players he signed for us.

"On the staffing front, Freedman seems to have a more proactive backroom with old hand Lennie Lawrence and ‘sergeant major’ Curtis Fleming calling the shots and a beefed-up medical and analytical team." - So despite having an even better backroom, medical and analytical team, Freedman is still doing a worse job in the Championship than Coyle did during his tenure, most of which was in a higher league?

"Freedman took a while to turn the ship round but seemed to have done so after winning nine out of 12 games in February and April last season, eventually missing out on the play-offs by a single goal. The less said about this season’s start – the longest winless stretch from the start of a campaign in 111 years the better." - So this basically translates to "lets highlight everything negative Coyle did whilst ignoring the absolute sh*t that Freedman has done. Coyle is a better manager than Freedman. He's doing a much better job at Wigan than Freedman has done so far this season, and that's despite Wigan being in Europe.

It's a terribly biased article but I'm sure Iles would have been biased towards Coyle when he was still our manager too. A writer for the local newspaper isn't going to put the boot in, even though it's deserved, because it'd be bad for their career. I don't blame Iles for writing this nonsense but that's exactly what it is; he's showing blind faith in a manager who has done nothing to prove he has managerial ability. Freedman has the lowest win percentage in the league for a reason and him staying in the job is doing nothing but holding us back.