Wednesday / Wednesday

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Wednesday / Wednesday

Post by Prufrock » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:33 pm

BL3 wrote:
Prufrock wrote:Gutless and shit is a really bad combination. When somebody said a page back we need one for every department, I assume by 'department' you meant 'position'.

Maybe some sort of ratings system would be cathartic.
How about we use the current form table as a 'ratings system', because since Mick McCarthy took over, Ipswich's 'gutless and shit' players have climbed to 5th.
Why the feck have you put 'gutless and shit' in quote marks?

A team of limited but strong-willed players will always do better than a talented (but not that talented) set of shrinking violets.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:36 pm

Prufrock wrote:
BL3 wrote:
Prufrock wrote:Gutless and shit is a really bad combination. When somebody said a page back we need one for every department, I assume by 'department' you meant 'position'.

How about we use the current form table as a 'ratings system', because since Mick McCarthy took over, Ipswich's 'gutless and shit' players have climbed to 5th.
Why the feck have you put 'gutless and shit' in quote marks?

A team of limited but strong-willed players will always do better than a talented (but not that talented) set of shrinking violets.
Because Ipswich's players were every bit as 'gutless and shit' as you seem to think ours are. Our 'not that talented set of shrinking violets' were doing better under Jimmy Phillips...

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:36 pm

Ipswich 5th? Big Mick in playoff places?
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:37 pm

Would agree with most of Pru's marks there. Particularly Mears, who I thought was the best of a terrible back 4. Dont get Eagles though. He was fine for me 1st half.

Coyle assembled a side of spineless talentless tosspots. Whether you have trust in Dougie or not, its his job for the foreseeable to sort the mess out.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:47 pm

Can we all just gather around in a pray circle and pray that Eddie is seeing this and knows that we may have to borrow some more of his money if we are to get anywhere and I'm talking bringing in 6/7 new players.....

two new center backs, a new goalkeeper, a left back, a pacey winger and a goalscorer... not some hard worker who may run his socks off and link up play and shit.. someone who is going to get the ball and and shoot...

I suggested Jordan Rhodes in the summer and it was laughed at how he would be shit and wouldn't score goals.... was double the price of Ngog but he's scored 11 in 17... Ngog has 7 in 46....

Get rid of... Knight, Ream, Mears, Alonso, Petrov, Lee, Bogdan, Sordell (yes no point in keeping him playing in the reserves) Ngog....

last season Reading brought in Jason Roberts and it turned the team around he'd batter players around the pitch and gave them all a lift we need something, somebody to give us a lift or we're not even going to finish in the top 12 let alone top 6
NEIL LENNON'S SUPERWHITE ARMY

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:07 pm

Hypothetically speaking, if January brings a reasonable budget, even by Championship standards, then I honestly can't think of a player who has any sort of reasonable case to keep their spot in the side ahead of any potential newcomers.

Not sure what game Freedman was watching as he enthused about the desire, tempo, pressure and chances, especially in the second half, when he was on GMR after the game.

I know it's not his team and I have faith he can turn things round, but selections like today is just trying to fit square pegs in round holes.
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:15 pm

Watching the wanderers would represent poor value for money if they were playinh in my own back garden. Shit at passing football. To soft and slow (physically and mentally) for a long ball game.

Set of overpaid fannies.

If i were in charge I'd stick the lot on the transfer list. Its the least talented wettest squad I have ever had the displeasure of seeing in my lifetime. We will exit this league; but in the same way as Wednesday a while back...maybe not this year maybe next. Get it over with perhaps?

In terms of ratings I wouldn't give any other than 4/10. Ngog looked genuinely injured to me and our brightest player. Their centre halves were utter cack and we ran at em about twice. Joke.

I cant be arsed with this shite. You go to a match; we get worse and worse and worse week in week out. ZEvery week the players look softer than shite. Spearing apart I suppose, but he makes up for it with his utter gashness.

Pointless saying the same stuff week in week out.

Here is a thing. When does Eddie start asking serious questions of Gartside?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:43 pm

BL3 wrote:A far worse squad than ours is making far better progress, under a manager who has had exactly the same number of games in charge as Dougie...
Those drummers in the North Stand: they only have a solitary drum each to bang, too, which they bang with great monotony. Ever thought of joining them?
May the bridges I burn light your way

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:50 pm

BL3 wrote:

presumably, by "5th" you mean "20th"?? :conf:

newcarsmell
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by newcarsmell » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:03 pm

Current form table ! not league table... not that it matters too much.. we really are shite ( currently )

francerob
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by francerob » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:09 pm

For me, I'd go back to basics and play a regular first XI:

1. Bodgan
3. Alonso; 4. Mills; 5. Ream; 2. Mears
27. Lee; 20. Spearing; 16. Davies; 10. Petrov
29. Butterfield; 14. Davies

At the moment, Knight, Andrews, Ricketts, Eagles, etc. just aren't at the races and we're getting worse.

Tals-biggest-fan
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Tals-biggest-fan » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:31 pm

francerob wrote:For me, I'd go back to basics and play a regular first XI:

1. Bodgan
3. Alonso; 4. Mills; 5. Ream; 2. Mears
27. Lee; 20. Spearing; 16. Davies; 10. Petrov
29. Butterfield; 14. Davies

At the moment, Knight, Andrews, Ricketts, Eagles, etc. just aren't at the races and we're getting worse.
Alonso's left footed, Mear is right footed, Mavies is out till Feb... Ream is shite
NEIL LENNON'S SUPERWHITE ARMY

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:39 pm

BL3 wrote:Only a 'thick cvnt' would think we're making any progress at all.

:lol:

Fvck off and support ipswich

Your a sorry excuse of a fan/man
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

BL3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by BL3 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:26 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BL3 wrote:A far worse squad than ours is making far better progress, under a manager who has had exactly the same number of games in charge as Dougie...
Those drummers in the North Stand: they only have a solitary drum each to bang, too, which they bang with great monotony. Ever thought of joining them?
I'll stop banging the drum when the usual suspects stop telling us how we can't expect Dougie to work with someone else's players.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:53 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:
BL3 wrote:Only a 'thick cvnt' would think we're making any progress at all.

:lol:

Fvck off and support ipswich

Your a sorry excuse of a fan/man
C'mon, cool down fella.
Businesswoman of the year.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:58 pm

Booooooo !!

That's all.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:59 pm

John McGinlay did the half time wotsit with Stelios, and I was the only one in the place who gave him a Super John.
Give your heads a shake.
Businesswoman of the year.

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:02 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:John McGinlay did the half time wotsit with Stelios, and I was the only one in the place who gave him a Super John.
Give your heads a shake.
I could hear Sordell joining in as well.
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:18 pm

Anyone any idea what was going on in the West upper next to the North stand?

A group of about 5 or 6 blokes started singing their support. It made a nice change to hear something coming from there and was something to look at for a while, then before I knew it, half a dozen stewards and a couple of coppers went in and chucked em out. Has the club got so used to booing that singing is banned now? :conf:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:19 pm

As I said earlier in the thread, my first game in a while so can only comment on today really.

The most obvious thing that stood out to me was the gap as big as the grand canyon between Andrews/Spearing and Ngog/Afobe. There was no creativity and nobody busting a gut to get forward and support the attack. Ngog is best with the ball played to his feet, so when there's nobody to do that he's got no chance.

That gap was never filled throughout the game, we would have never won if we were still playing now.