Reading

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Reading

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:08 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:When I asked who else I was asking who else is sat in the ESL not who else hates me, anyway tbh I doubt Bobo hates me as I am English and he only hates the Welsh, he doesn't have enough time to hate people from England and other countries when he has got the whole of Wales to deal with. Anyway is there anyway I could get my pals (there is 2 lads going with me) into Harvester/Scotts or not.
The Scousers Dan. Never overlook the Scousers in Bobo's league table of hate/despise. :wink:

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:16 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:When I asked who else I was asking who else is sat in the ESL not who else hates me, anyway tbh I doubt Bobo hates me as I am English and he only hates the Welsh, he doesn't have enough time to hate people from England and other countries when he has got the whole of Wales to deal with. Anyway is there anyway I could get my pals (there is 2 lads going with me) into Harvester/Scotts or not.
You could try the front door Dan. Usually works for me. :|
I thought you needed a membership/home match ticket.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:20 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
The Scousers Dan. Never overlook the Scousers in Bobo's league table of hate/despise. :wink:
So he even has time to make inroads into smack city (although I think that term is more used for Birkenhead). H e will be at the Mancs next just you watch.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

royalref
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by royalref » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:47 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
royalref wrote:Afternoon gents, RFC fan in peace etc.

Me and a few mates have booked rooms at the Primier Inn across the road from the Reebok, once we've arrived and dumped the cars where do you advise we visit for a few bevvies? Would it best to hop on the train into Bolton or is there somewhere around the ground?

Cheers
Do you mean pre-match?
Indeed.

Although any advice for the evening would be appreciated also.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:49 pm

We'll whallop em 4 nowt because they've got shit fans. Or something.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:51 pm

Pre match, the pubs located on the plot where the hotel is won't let you in. Best bet for you is a 5 minute walk up past the main road where the monument is and up to the Beehive. Coppers will be able to point you in the right direction.

Otherwise, if you get up early doors. Get on the train (right outside your hotel, pop into Manchester, go to the national football museum, get a few beers and get the train back.)

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:53 pm

royalref wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
royalref wrote:Afternoon gents, RFC fan in peace etc.

Me and a few mates have booked rooms at the Primier Inn across the road from the Reebok, once we've arrived and dumped the cars where do you advise we visit for a few bevvies? Would it best to hop on the train into Bolton or is there somewhere around the ground?

Cheers
Do you mean pre-match?
Indeed.

Although any advice for the evening would be appreciated also.
Also, at night, Scott's bar gets busy at night, but the trains stop early. Bolton is an option, but is sadly devoid of any decent nightlife nowadays. Unless you like happy hardcore and Yates's

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:58 pm

Booked the LOV suite or tomorrow, looking forward to the game - been a while since I've thought that!

royalref
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by royalref » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:01 pm

Thanks very much mate, really useful info. Heard the Beehive mentioned several times so will give that a go :)

As far as the evening goes who knows what we'll do, although Bolton nightlife sounds on a par with Reading so we'll feel at home :P

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:05 pm

royalref wrote:Thanks very much mate, really useful info. Heard the Beehive mentioned several times so will give that a go :)

As far as the evening goes who knows what we'll do, although Bolton nightlife sounds on a par with Reading so we'll feel at home :P
Do yourself a favour mate. Stay on the train for another 15 mins and go to Manchester, seriously. You can thank me later.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:08 pm

royalref wrote:Thanks very much mate, really useful info. Heard the Beehive mentioned several times so will give that a go :)

If you're going out then go out in Manny, Chief. We do (well, except for those that number amongst Jeremy Kyle's target audience).
May the bridges I burn light your way

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:11 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:

If you're going out then go out in Manny, Chief. We do (well, except for those that number amongst Jeremy Kyle's target audience).
Bijou Bob? I'm hoping he never sees this post with him being out of the country. :wink:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:20 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Bijou Bob? I'm hoping he never sees this post with him being out of the country. :wink:
Oh he even records it, he does. :D

royalref
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by royalref » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:25 pm

Manc was one of the options we'd all talked about, in terms of getting back to trains go late/do taxis cost millions?

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:30 pm

Got back from my holiday today, realised I had nothing to do tomorrow so going to this with dad and brother. Excited, though I should know better.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:30 pm

boltonboris wrote:Pre match, the pubs located on the plot where the hotel is won't let you in. Best bet for you is a 5 minute walk up past the main road where the monument is and up to the Beehive. Coppers will be able to point you in the right direction.

Otherwise, if you get up early doors. Get on the train (right outside your hotel, pop into Manchester, go to the national football museum, get a few beers and get the train back.)
So will my pals not be able to come in with an away ticket and will I with my home ticket, I don't think they will have colures visible if that helps.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:32 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
boltonboris wrote:Pre match, the pubs located on the plot where the hotel is won't let you in. Best bet for you is a 5 minute walk up past the main road where the monument is and up to the Beehive. Coppers will be able to point you in the right direction.

So will my pals not be able to come in with an away ticket and will I with my home ticket, I don't think they will have colures visible if that helps.
You will, they won't......

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:33 pm

Unfortunately the last train back is 11.15pm. A quick google suggests that the taxi fare would be around £42. A trip to Bolton would leave you on the same train (11.30ish), but probably less than half the taxi fare. You could get the last train and go into scotts by your hotel. However, i have no idea what time they close.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:34 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:

Dan, see my solution to your dilemma at the top of this page.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:37 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:

Dan - walk up to the Beehive and take your mates in there. You can remember the Beehive, right? You lived in Horwich didn't you? Alternatively take them over to Barnstormers facing the old BAE buildings.

You and your pals will be welcome in either.