Bonny Donny Belles to get a good humping

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Re: Bonny Donny Belles to get a good humping

Post by jaffka » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:17 am

Enoch wrote:
jaffka wrote:The second time this season that I am prepared to step into the breach and create a match thread in order to guarantee a victory for the super whites. :oyea:
Not a bad effort, even got the margin right!!

:D
My magic will only work three times per season, so the next thread start is in the bank for the playoff final. :D

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:20 am

Dr.Karl wrote:We have the basis of a team that can put a run together. I actually like the way we set up away from home, it has worked this season. It just needed a tweak for the home games. They were pretty poor to be fair but I think playing Prats, Eagles and Moritz in the same midfield is the right thing to do. It does help with a striker that works up front. When Mason buggers off I don't know who we'd put up there but if he reverts to Beckford I'll pull my hair out. He's great to bring on when we're chasing a game but is offering very little in open play.

Most of the team was great especially Eagles and Mills. But Moritz was a cut above everyone else on the park. How many dangerous forward balls did he play? The only poor performance was Spearing IMO, very sloppy with passing and slow in possession. Think I'd rather have Medo in there. He's not going to spray the ball about but he does it simply and quickly instead dawdling on the ball as Spearing did quite often.

Back to catenaccio next week for a 1-0 grinding win away please.

Agree completely regarding Spearing. I would drop him for a few games.

Today was the first game I can remember for a long time where Eagles won a header. Not just one header either! He seemed to get stuck in more today then I have seen in a long time.

Anybody notice the linesman with a feminine touch today? :lol: Don't think he straightened his arm all game :lol: Prancing up and down the line like a gazelle and then tapping his heals together. He put Eagles to shame with that hair do today as well!

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:54 am

jaffka wrote:
Enoch wrote:
jaffka wrote:The second time this season that I am prepared to step into the breach and create a match thread in order to guarantee a victory for the super whites. :oyea:

My magic will only work three times per season, so the next thread start is in the bank for the playoff final. :D
Pity you didn't get involved for Blackpool at the Reebok last term!

:spank:

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:32 am

Enoch wrote:
jaffka wrote:
Enoch wrote:

Pity you didn't get involved for Blackpool at the Reebok last term!

:spank:
Shall I let you into a secret?

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:44 am

Root digging a hole in the crease and looks a potential lbw victim.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:20 am

jaffka wrote:Root digging a hole in the crease and looks a potential lbw victim.
You are GtE and I claim my 5 pounds :D

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:57 am

So, that's what the kerfuffle was about....

http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=243732.0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:36 am

^ before it kicked off, and in an idle moment, I counted the numbers of orange and yellow coats in and around the away fans. There were over 40 stewards and 23 Police, which from my long-distance perspective did seem a little heavy given that there was nothing going on, but we are not privy to any intel. Every so often a group of four or five stewards would hold what looked like a council of war in front of the fans but don't forget that they would be receiving info from the camera operators on who and where to keep an eye on. I think the platform rear and central in the away end on which 3 stewards are posted is new too, probably flare spotters. My only other observation would be that I clearly saw the young man who was hustled out throw a punch at a steward so that's why he was closely controlled thereafter.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:03 am

bobo the clown wrote:Oh, by the way, did anyone see any offence which led to Mills headed 'goal' being disallowed ?
Apparently it was a 'push' in the lead up to him heading the ball
Pfffft.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:13 am

clapton is god wrote:^ before it kicked off, and in an idle moment, I counted the numbers of orange and yellow coats in and around the away fans. There were over 40 stewards and 23 Police, which from my long-distance perspective did seem a little heavy given that there was nothing going on, but we are not privy to any intel. Every so often a group of four or five stewards would hold what looked like a council of war in front of the fans but don't forget that they would be receiving info from the camera operators on who and where to keep an eye on. I think the platform rear and central in the away end on which 3 stewards are posted is new too, probably flare spotters. My only other observation would be that I clearly saw the young man who was hustled out throw a punch at a steward so that's why he was closely controlled thereafter.
There was also a group of Donnie fans that chased down the stewards to the exit when they were ejecting him and I certainly don't think they were swapping scone recipes on the way there
Pfffft.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:28 am

Our stewards have been pricks for years! It was a 15000 crowd ffs, shouldnt need much at all. Maybe the slipping crowds means there are some up for redundancy soon and they are justifying their own existence.

Pratley in for one of the twins was something i thought might work at home. Glad it did. The team he picked was one I couldnt fault, 5 attacking 5 defensive. Do for me in this type of game.

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:51 am

Re our stewarding. It seems to be a common complaint at Bolton, I recall Reading fans posting a video earlier in the season. Stewards at away grounds tend be quite young in my experience. Wouldn't be middle aged bouncer types for sure. There is very rarely any trouble, and we have our fair share of dickheads. Something that needs addressing at the Reebok.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:35 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
jaffka wrote:Root digging a hole in the crease and looks a potential lbw victim.
Oops wrong thread :lol:

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:53 pm

If you've not seen them

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/bo ... ncaster-0/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:07 pm

Little Green Man wrote:If you've not seen them

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/bo ... ncaster-0/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks L.G.M.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:15 pm

jaffka wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Oops wrong thread :lol:
:roll: :wink:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:35 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
:lol:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:08 pm

TKIZ! wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:Oh, by the way, did anyone see any offence which led to Mills headed 'goal' being disallowed ?
It was a shocking decision to be honest. Darren Pratley does impede the defender by pushing him away from the direction of the ball but its so far removed from the actual location of the goal scorer that the defender would never have reached it had he tried. The defender doesn't even run toward the spot where Mills heads the ball in but runs towards the far post.

You could say the referee was right because there was pushing in the box but that happens on every corner but no foul is given most times.

Poor refereeing in that instance.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:24 pm

TKIZ! wrote:
http://www.burndenaces.co.uk/2013/12/08 ... overs.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well, good luck seeing it on here.

The only possibility is a minor bumping together on 30 seconds, about 6 yards from where Mills is or runs to.

Has the hallmarks of a decision pre-made as the corner came over.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:30 pm

Mar wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:
It was a shocking decision to be honest. Darren Pratley does impede the defender by pushing him away from the direction of the ball but its so far removed from the actual location of the goal scorer that the defender would never have reached it had he tried. The defender doesn't even run toward the spot where Mills heads the ball in but runs towards the far post.

You could say the referee was right because there was pushing in the box but that happens on every corner but no foul is given most times.

Poor refereeing in that instance.
The ref was shocking all game. Couldn't believe Pratley didn't get a penalty first half when he was pretty much close lined flat on his back. Nearly every decision went for Donny when the ref got chance.

Refs are horrid in this league.