Abdoulaye's going t'Souk transfer thread

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Re: Abdoulaye's going t'Souk transfer thread

Post by jaffka » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:55 pm

Not what when we play t*atball

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:58 pm

The fact that he's come back suggests he must have enjoyed or feel he benefitted from his stay last time?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:02 pm

jaffka wrote:I'm just dashing off to the offie, to get some ale in to celebrate this fantastic news.
I'm calling in the offie on my way home because I just can't take any more whilst remaining sober!
May the bridges I burn light your way

Norpig
Promising
Promising

Post by Norpig » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:10 pm

Oh great Mason is back, he played so ordinarily last time cannot wait for even more mediocre performances. How does Dougie think that this guy is the answer to our problems? He is not willing to play our kids as they are not ready for a relegation battle. Yet he brings in a kid with no experience of a relegation battle? Although played well for Cardiff in this league at the right end of the table last season. He did not play well for us last time even with a run of games and looked very ordinary for Cardiff against our poor defence!!

I am puzzled by this loan smacks of desperation, clutching at straws whaterever it is IMHO I do not think he is the answer (hope to be proved wrong). I would sooner he play Hall or Odelusi at least they have some sort of future at the club.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:18 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
jaffka wrote:I'm just dashing off to the offie, to get some ale in to celebrate this fantastic news.
I'm calling in the offie on my way home because I just can't take any more whilst remaining sober!
I'm still in rehab from previous managers. They tell me I'm making good progress though.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:42 pm

Norpig wrote:Oh great Mason is back, he played so ordinarily last time cannot wait for even more mediocre performances. How does Dougie think that this guy is the answer to our problems? He is not willing to play our kids as they are not ready for a relegation battle. Yet he brings in a kid with no experience of a relegation battle? Although played well for Cardiff in this league at the right end of the table last season. He did not play well for us last time even with a run of games and looked very ordinary for Cardiff against our poor defence!!

I am puzzled by this loan smacks of desperation, clutching at straws whaterever it is IMHO I do not think he is the answer (hope to be proved wrong). I would sooner he play Hall or Odelusi at least they have some sort of future at the club.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that possibly, he sees a player who has over 100 league appearances, more than half in the league we are currently in, of which a decent proportion were in a promotion winning season, as possibly offering slightly more in our current position than some kids who have less than 10 league starts between them?

I don't know, it might not be that.....he might just be doing it to vex you.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:29 pm

^ As he says, he's got a better pedigree than the ones we have out on loan in't reserves. So he'll do. If he was good enough for Cardiff's league winners, he's good enough for us at the moment.

JUST AS LONG AS WE DON'T nice person IT AT HIS HEAD
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

gavlat2872
Promising
Promising

Post by gavlat2872 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:05 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Norpig wrote:Oh great Mason is back, he played so ordinarily last time cannot wait for even more mediocre performances. How does Dougie think that this guy is the answer to our problems? He is not willing to play our kids as they are not ready for a relegation battle. Yet he brings in a kid with no experience of a relegation battle? Although played well for Cardiff in this league at the right end of the table last season. He did not play well for us last time even with a run of games and looked very ordinary for Cardiff against our poor defence!!

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that possibly, he sees a player who has over 100 league appearances, more than half in the league we are currently in, of which a decent proportion were in a promotion winning season, as possibly offering slightly more in our current position than some kids who have less than 10 league starts between them?

I see what you're saying, but i'd much rather McSh1tlips actually played hall/odelusi. IMO they offer more than Mason. The only way they will get games under their belts is by actually playing

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:35 pm

gavlat2872 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

I see what you're saying, but i'd much rather McSh1tlips actually played hall/odelusi. IMO they offer more than Mason. The only way they will get games under their belts is by actually playing
How many games have you seen Hall and Odelusi play in?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:50 pm

jaffka wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:I'm not convinced by Mason.

But I hardly think the bizarre rules surrounding this loan window are a good reason to berate the management of the club. There are enough reasons without having to invent more.

It is more than plausible that there simply aren't other options to sign at this point so we have to make the best of it with Mason.
I would suggest that before diving in head first, familiarisation with the rules is important. Prevents looking like an arse on a repeated basis.
That'll probably be why they waited to sign him so he gets more games. Slag them off for signing him if you think he's shit, but they clearly got the most out of him in terms of games possible.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:55 pm

They ARE bizarre, esoteric, illogical, vague, and frankly ridiculooooose rules though, aren't they. It's almost like they're designed to be ridiculous and I don't see any good reason for them. I mean why 50 fckin days, why not to the end of the season ffs?????
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:06 pm

Prufrock wrote:
jaffka wrote:

But I hardly think the bizarre rules surrounding this loan window are a good reason to berate the management of the club. There are enough reasons without having to invent more.

It is more than plausible that there simply aren't other options to sign at this point so we have to make the best of it with Mason.
I would suggest that before diving in head first, familiarisation with the rules is important. Prevents looking like an arse on a repeated basis.
That'll probably be why they waited to sign him so he gets more games. Slag them off for signing him if you think he's shit, but they clearly got the most out of him in terms of games possible.
Fair point .... but I saw nothing in him over a mater of 8 or so weeks earlier this season to justify bringing him back at all.

That may be because he was used in a way which didn't get the best from him. But it is the very same manager who's now signed him. It's not unreasonable to fear that he will use him similarly .... which would, by experience, be utterly pointless.

The manager has now occupied a loan spot, and a squad spot, in tight times on a player offering a questionable input and can only have him 53 (?) days, not the full period. That, to me, is extraordinary.

I'm not searching for something on which to attack the manager. There are plenty of opportunities for that anyway. He's simply presented us with a new one.

Who knows, Mason may be about to bang in a hat-trick. He may prove to be the missing link. He may show us what we've been so sadly lacking. If he does, however, I think we have seen him enough already to feel, very reasonably, that this would be an amazing change in fortune.
Last edited by bobo the clown on Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:09 pm

Prufrock wrote:
jaffka wrote:

Which occurred when the rules were known.

My point stands.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:45 pm

He probably is a better player than Davies, Hall and Odelusi. He certainly should be. However he's no Sturridge and crucially we're never going to get to keep him, so why not develop our own? It's more desperation from a failing manager. I realise that desperate times call for desperate measures and all that, so let's hope he's used correctly, bags a few to keep us up and then we can get rid of this fecking idiot in the summer. Because if we do stay up thanks to loans, he will have limped across the finish line doing the exact opposite of his stated plan, and the season should not be seen as anything other than a complete car-crash, as someone described it on here.

gavlat2872
Promising
Promising

Post by gavlat2872 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:06 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
gavlat2872 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Not many in all honesty, but i can watch mason over a thousand games and still not be impressed, i may be wrong but i just dont see what he offers and the worse part about it IMO is he had a run with us and did the square route of feck all.

So to that end, why not use one of OUR young lads and give them the experience, at least then he'd know if they weren't good enough and move them on. He could of even used the loan place of mason for something crazy like a left back maybe?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:21 pm

gavlat2872 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
gavlat2872 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Not many in all honesty, but i can watch mason over a thousand games and still not be impressed, i may be wrong but i just dont see what he offers and the worse part about it IMO is he had a run with us and did the square route of feck all.

So to that end, why not use one of OUR young lads and give them the experience, at least then he'd know if they weren't good enough and move them on. He could of even used the loan place of mason for something crazy like a left back maybe?
Ignoring that it's Freedman for a minute, the manager, will almost certainly have seen and/or have reports of performances in the Dev Squad and in training, in much greater detail than you or I. If he doesn't think they're up to it, then he's not going to play them. At the minute it's Andranik syndrome. He ended up having a glittering career with Fulham after being the non-playing messiah with us for a few seasons, totalling 1 game...

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:25 pm

I saw him play in the Charlton game for us, and the Cardiff game for then against us. IMO he didn't look good in either role and so wouldn't much suit us. Anyone who argues something along those lines, I get. Once you accept they rate him though, the timings make perfect sense. Don't forget they tried to sign him in the full transfer window (which would have been until the summer) but it fell through. Meant we were stuck with the emergency loan rules ( don't sound that complicated- maximum of combined 90 days if signed in that period). Once you accept they rate Mason, it makes sense.

I'd not have picked him, but its choice not organisation that wants criticising.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:08 am

boltonboris wrote:^ As he says, he's got a better pedigree than the ones we have out on loan in't reserves. So he'll do. If he was good enough for Cardiff's league winners, he's good enough for us at the moment.

JUST AS LONG AS WE DON'T tw*t IT AT HIS HEAD
Playing in a good team doesn't necessarily mean you're a good player, or that you'd improve us. Every top team has one or two useful but relatively limited grafters knocking around to compliment the ones who are actually good. We have lots of the former and very few of the latter.

I'm not sure how he's got a better pedigree than Craig Davies either, considering they're both strikers playing in the same division and Davies has scored more goals. And he'd do better when we nice person it at his head.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:26 am

coyle never played any of our youth team regularly, neither..

he maybe played FOR our youth team , but he too loaned other teams reserves.

most of which would be worse than a one legged joseph mason.

probably.

:/

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:24 am

.... anyway, how's the search for a proper full back going do you think ??
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".