Donk(c) - aster away - Doncaster vs BWFC tuesday 08/04/14

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Re: Donk(c) - aster away - Doncaster vs BWFC tuesday 08/04/

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:15 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
bwfcdan94 wrote:
Enoch wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:A six page thread. Is this a record low for a match thread ?
But look at the thread title, what did you expect!
Are you honestly saying that a thread title impacts as to whether you click on it or not :roll: .
Well yes. A thread with a title of "Dan's Shitholes" would be ignored to the best of my ability.
Fair enough, but it is clear this is a match thread so I cant see how the title would impact it's content.
It sets the tone. Just look at my transfer thread. It is abysmal. It sucks :wink:

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:55 pm

I still visited it as it had relevant information to the football club I support and therefore myself.
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:17 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:I still visited it as it had relevant information to the football club I support and therefore myself.
But some might have thought it was to do with shopping for oud and frankinsense.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:26 pm

"transfer thread" is the key as is "Doncaster vs BWFC Tuesday 08/04/14", what gibberish the is put around it is in essence completely pointless, in fact (as I suggested recently) why don't we just go back to simple forum threads like "Charlton Athletic away, the match thread".
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:41 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:"transfer thread" is the key as is "Doncaster vs BWFC Tuesday 08/04/14", what gibberish the is put around it is in essence completely pointless, in fact (as I suggested recently) why don't we just go back to simple forum threads like "Charlton Athletic away, the match thread".
Because the football is shite enough. Live a little. English is a wonderful language. Use a bit more of it. Not everything has to be perfunctory (I love that word :D )

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:41 pm

bwfcdan94 wrote:"transfer thread" is the key as is "Doncaster vs BWFC Tuesday 08/04/14", what gibberish the is put around it is in essence completely pointless, in fact (as I suggested recently) why don't we just go back to simple forum threads like "Charlton Athletic away, the match thread".
Great plan. But we could go further and maybe cut them down to just one word? Why not simply Charlton or Transfer?
Or let's go the whole hog and just number the threads instead?
Businesswoman of the year.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:43 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Because the football is shite enough. Live a little. English is a wonderful language. Use a bit more of it. Not everything has to be perfunctory (I love that word :D )
indeed!! I think we should all subscribe to a word-a-day site such as this one: http://wordsmith.org/awad/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (there are others) and endeavour to use whatever word is suggested seamlessly and effortlessly in at least one post that day...

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:49 pm

As long as folk don't get loquacious, frenetic or god forbid even mendacious, let's go for it.
Businesswoman of the year.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:57 pm

Last time I got frenetic I ended up having to marry the girl!

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:58 pm

That may have been me being mendacious.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:58 pm

I'll shut up before I become............

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:42 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:As long as folk don't get loquacious, frenetic or god forbid even mendacious, let's go for it.
A statement worthy of a panegyric Hoss. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:09 pm

thebish wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
indeed!! I think we should all subscribe to a word-a-day site such as this one: http://wordsmith.org/awad/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (there are others) and endeavour to use whatever word is suggested seamlessly and effortlessly in at least one post that day...
Bravo .... I shall open a thread. I worked in an office many years ago where the 'word of the day' was on a board at the main entrance. It was our sworn duty to get the word into some document or other on that day. Letter, notes, minutes, interviews etc., etc. Some noble efforts we made.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:56 pm

Word of the day for Saturday!!! WIN ..

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:32 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
Great plan. But we could go further and maybe cut them down to just one word? Why not simply Charlton or Transfer?
Or let's go the whole hog and just number the threads instead?
Exactly! infact lets just do away with threads full stop. Why don't we just have one thread and we can all post whatever unrelated rubbish we want whenever we want, that'll keep the forum looking tidy :grin: . :crazy: .