If carlsberg did transfer threads.....This would be it!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: If carlsberg did transfer threads.....This would be it!

Post by irie Cee Bee » Mon May 11, 2015 3:14 am

malcd1 wrote:
Riviman wrote:Anyone have Beckford back if he came on reduced terms?
No I wouldn't but good goal.

Wow! but no thanks.

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Mon May 11, 2015 12:16 pm

I'll just drop this in here: https://footballfragmento.wordpress.com ... mmer-2015/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Which players would you look at?

Mackail-Smith any good these days? Woolford from Millwall? Emmanuel-Thomas did alright at Bristol.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon May 11, 2015 5:10 pm

throwawayboltonian wrote:Speaking of contract releases, where's this cull that the BEN were supposed to have published today? Didn't they say the club were announcing non-renewals at lunchtime today?
ISTR they were waiting until after the last Development game, which was this lunchtime. Presumably they're not doing it immediately after; presuming further, they may be taking the unlucky lot aside for a chat this very afternoon.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon May 11, 2015 5:39 pm

Taking them for a chat! there will be that many he will just group all the players and shout it over a megaphone.

The printer is hot doing p45s

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Mon May 11, 2015 5:46 pm

jaffka wrote:Taking them for a chat! there will be that many he will just group all the players and shout it over a megaphone.

The printer is hot doing p45s
I heard the printer broke down halfway through doing the P45s - not used to the quantity.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon May 11, 2015 11:23 pm

I'd sign that Joe Massaro for no other reason than he sounds like he's come straight out of Boardwalk Empire!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue May 12, 2015 8:55 am

jaffka wrote:Taking them for a chat! there will be that many he will just group all the players and shout it over a megaphone.
I'm not thinking of people like Matt Mills, but the U21 (and U18?) players who won't be getting extensions. Much easier to tell a big ugly senior player we can't afford his wage than to tell a kid we don't see him as having a future here "but I'll recommend you to David Flitcroft at Bury."

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue May 12, 2015 9:13 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
I'm not thinking of people like Matt Mills, but the U21 (and U18?) players who won't be getting extensions. Much easier to tell a big ugly senior player we can't afford his wage than to tell a kid we don't see him as having a future here "but I'll recommend you to David Flitcroft at Bury."
and line up with the other 150 who have been given the same news at man city, maure, Liverpool...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue May 12, 2015 11:14 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote: Much easier to tell a big ugly senior player we can't afford his wage than to tell a kid we don't see him as having a future here "but I'll recommend you to David Flitcroft at Bury."
Like Bill Ridding asking Alan Ball if he'd considered being a jockey? :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue May 12, 2015 11:23 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote: Much easier to tell a big ugly senior player we can't afford his wage than to tell a kid we don't see him as having a future here "but I'll recommend you to David Flitcroft at Bury."
Who was it that told a young Bobo's parents that he was fecking shite? Was it Jimmy Armfield? :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue May 12, 2015 11:27 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Who was it that told a young Bobo's parents that he was fecking shite? Was it Jimmy Armfield? :)
Bobo's grandad told him a few times as well...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue May 12, 2015 12:05 pm

Lad in our class at St Joseph's had a trial for Bolton at 14. They were impressed but told him he'd have to get rid of the Teddy Boy get up, drainpipe trousers and crepe-soled shoes etc. His dad objected and told them "take him as he is or not at all". They refused. Real shame because he was very good.

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Tue May 12, 2015 2:54 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Lad in our class at St Joseph's had a trial for Bolton at 14. They were impressed but told him he'd have to get rid of the Teddy Boy get up, drainpipe trousers and crepe-soled shoes etc. His dad objected and told them "take him as he is or not at all". They refused. Real shame because he was very good.
I taught a lad, in the late 70s, who was an exceptional goalkeeper, had trials with a number of northwest clubs, including BWFC, they all told him the same thing,"change your attitude and we'll take you on" . He didn't and they didn't take him on. Such a shame , I often wonder if he ever regretted not trying to change and have a chance at pro football life.
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue May 12, 2015 3:11 pm

In the 1970s I was described as an exceptional keeper and had many trials at clubs around the country. I was told to improve my attitude as I had a habit of arriving in my Porsche 911, some good time girl model in with me and whiffing of alcohol.

Little did they know that I had won the Spanish lottery and wasn't going to change for anyone.

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Tue May 12, 2015 4:08 pm

jaffka wrote:In the 1970s I was described as an exceptional keeper and had many trials at clubs around the country. I was told to improve my attitude as I had a habit of arriving in my Porsche 911, some good time girl model in with me and whiffing of alcohol.

Little did they know that I had won the Spanish lottery and wasn't going to change for anyone.
".....and I woke up and it was a dream"
The End

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue May 12, 2015 6:52 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Who was it that told a young Bobo's parents that he was fecking shite? Was it Jimmy Armfield? :)
I'm afraid it was. In his case I fear he was proven to be correct.

Nice man too. (b'stard)
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Tue May 12, 2015 7:55 pm

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/05/ ... ohn-guide/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/bolton ... y-striker/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
Striker anyone?

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Tue May 12, 2015 9:44 pm

Riviman wrote:http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/05/ ... ohn-guide/?

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/bolton ... y-striker/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
Striker anyone?
'The De Telegraaf understands Bolton and Stoke City are keen to snap up the 23-year-old and have supposedly offered Guidetti a £1m-a-year salary plus a £2m signing-on fee.'

I think not.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue May 12, 2015 9:47 pm

Hope that pic's deceiving. Bit "all the pies" angle there? Signing on fees should be abolished. A wages contract is a contract, the rest just looks like bribery.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue May 12, 2015 10:10 pm

Good player, and exactly what we need, but I'd be astounded if those numbers are anywhere near close! Might be what Stoke are offering, in which case we've no chance.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.