Must be nearly Xmas when Slade turns up. Cardiff (H) 05/12

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Must be nearly Xmas when Slade turns up. Cardiff (H) 05/

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:24 pm

Well we are fcked.

Can't even get worked up to rant...from coyle, to freedman to lennon we have managers incapable of stopping the rot. It just gets worse.

Deano was there I see. Thats happening isn't it?

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:28 pm

DJBlu wrote:
Jugs wrote:Where was Mark Davies?
1 match ban for 5 yellows.
Mavies has played 5 games? :shock:

I'm beyond caring now: relegation is inevitable. It's very difficult to see what a new owner - and, possibly, a new manager - might bring that would change that outcome.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:33 pm

I can live with the current dilemma in which we find ourselves. I can't live with the appearance that we have no-one who cares ... really, really cares

I don't feel it has much to do with caring. I think it's all about players who have the skill and quality to win matches and lead us out of the doldrums. Game after game, this lot have demonstrated they don't have the skill, or nous to do that. We can bleat all week long about how chances have been missed, how unlucky we've been, poor reffing decisions etc. But one win in twenty five games in all competitions tells it's own story. We are simply not good enough. Would Lennon have signed this group had he more money at his disposal? I don't think he would. Can he organise what we have into a side capable of winning matches? I don't think he can.
As for the Cardiff winner, Jones does seem to control the ball with his hand, prior to passing it, even though the ball 'rolled' up to his arm. The ref was looking straight at it.
Dobbie's miss was worse, much worse, than the sitter misser Holdsworth's miss at Wembley. Probably has much more relevance attached to it for the future of Bolton Wanderers FC as well.

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:37 pm

Il Pirate wrote:I can live with the current dilemma in which we find ourselves. I can't live with the appearance that we have no-one who cares ... really, really cares

I don't feel it has much to do with caring. I think it's all about players who have the skill and quality to win matches and lead us out of the doldrums. Game after game, this lot have demonstrated they don't have the skill, or nous to do that. We can bleat all week long about how chances have been missed, how unlucky we've been, poor reffing decisions etc. But one win in twenty five games in all competitions tells it's own story. We are simply not good enough. Would Lennon have signed this group had he more money at his disposal? I don't think he would. Can he organise what we have into a side capable of winning matches? I don't think he can.
As for the Cardiff winner, Jones does seem to control the ball with his hand, prior to passing it, even though the ball 'rolled' up to his arm. The ref was looking straight at it.
Dobbie's miss was worse, much worse, than the sitter misser Holdsworth's miss at Wembley. Probably has much more relevance attached to it for the future of Bolton Wanderers FC as well.
This is where I'm at. It's not that they're not trying, it's that they're not very good.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:43 pm

For those that weren't at the game today, this is Dobbie's miss. If we can't put those chances away, we get what we deserve.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:45 pm

Poor players on good player money! The buck has to stop somewhere!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:21 pm

Nicko58 wrote:For those that weren't at the game today, this is Dobbie's miss. If we can't put those chances away, we get what we deserve.
It's actually even worse than I remember it. :(
May the bridges I burn light your way

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:23 pm

Gets worse each time I see it. Dejected.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:34 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:Gary Madine's strike was superb. How that same player has managed to miss an open net from six yards out in every other fcking game he's been in is amazing.
Referee wants lynching too.
Anywhere it can be viewed Hoss?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:35 pm

:? I thought at the time on Dobbie's miss the linesman put his flag up? must have imagined it

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:50 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:Gary Madine's strike was superb. How that same player has managed to miss an open net from six yards out in every other fcking game he's been in is amazing.
Referee wants lynching too.
Anywhere it can be viewed Hoss?
http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sp ... -3-cardiff" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It can be viewed here. It's a great finish.

I like the Huddersfield striker smashing the post the most.
Last edited by DJBlu on Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:50 pm

BWFC has crossed the Rubicon. Every minute that Dobbie and Heskey get in a white shirt is a minute lost in the development of one of the young lads. A patch-work collection of journeymen is a one-way ticket to footballing oblivion - the proof is in their pudding. Pudding that time and again is a bitter mess of toil and shit and freshly served in front of a live Stadium audience. This is the time to rip up most of it and start again.

Recall White from Blackpool and get him in at Right Back. Wilson and Pisano - see out your two-year contracts, goodbye and thanks for absolutely nothing. Joe Riley would get a game ahead of anyone in our squad at Right Back at this point in time and we binned him off to Bury because he couldn't get in our team ahead of Loanee McNaughton (yeah, cheers for that) and his mate Out of Position Josh)
Recall Wilkinson from Barnsley (even though he's a fecking one-footed, weak shyster who I rate about as highly as a hot dessert) and tell Dobbo and Emile to piss off. Give Woolery a chance from the off. He might be this season's Clough...
I'd rather play post hip surgery Tom Eaves (he is alive, I think) on crutches than Emile. (Is Emile this squad's Robbie Blake?)
Get Rob Holding in at Centre Half and that lad who played the last game of last season and earned a one year deal (Quade somethingorother), clear the decks of the complete dross. Dervite the nowhere man, Derik the Instagram star and David Wheater - just piss off. Prince? What a fruitful disaster. Like Mark Fish with two left feet (one size 6 and an 11).
Get Jussi's son in nets too, while we're at it.
Moxey is as good as we can get at Left Back. Fine. Have that hot-blooded spaniard as back up.
Danns is as good as we can get in centre mid - a grafter. Same with Spearing, I guess. I've given up now.

Oh, one last thought. Captain Pratley. You watch him from the stands. Now imagine playing in the defence behind him, or out on the wing. Would you bust a gut for him. Does he inspire you? Feck fecking no fecking way. OUT.

Seriously, where is the hope? It's a dead loss.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:05 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:BWFC has crossed the Rubicon. Every minute that Dobbie and Heskey get in a white shirt is a minute lost in the development of one of the young lads. A patch-work collection of journeymen is a one-way ticket to footballing oblivion - the proof is in their pudding. Pudding that time and again is a bitter mess of toil and shit and freshly served in front of a live Stadium audience. This is the time to rip up most of it and start again.

Recall White from Blackpool and get him in at Right Back. Wilson and Pisano - see out your two-year contracts, goodbye and thanks for absolutely nothing. Joe Riley would get a game ahead of anyone in our squad at Right Back at this point in time and we binned him off to Bury because he couldn't get in our team ahead of Loanee McNaughton (yeah, cheers for that) and his mate Out of Position Josh)
Recall Wilkinson from Barnsley (even though he's a fecking one-footed, weak shyster who I rate about as highly as a hot dessert) and tell Dobbo and Emile to piss off. Give Woolery a chance from the off. He might be this season's Clough...
I'd rather play post hip surgery Tom Eaves (he is alive, I think) on crutches than Emile. (Is Emile this squad's Robbie Blake?)
Get Rob Holding in at Centre Half and that lad who played the last game of last season and earned a one year deal (Quade somethingorother), clear the decks of the complete dross. Dervite the nowhere man, Derik the Instagram star and David Wheater - just piss off. Prince? What a fruitful disaster. Like Mark Fish with two left feet (one size 6 and an 11).
Moxey is as good as we can get at Left Back. Fine. Have that hot-blooded spaniard as back up.
Danns is as good as we can get in centre mid - a grafter. Same with Spearing, I guess. I've given up now.

Oh, one last thought. Captain Pratley. You watch him from the stands. Now imagine playing in the defence behind him, or out on the wing. Would you bust a gut for him. Does he inspire you? Feck fecking no fecking way. OUT.

Stop fannying about. What do you really think?
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:07 pm

DJBlu wrote:I like the Huddersfield striker smashing the post the most.
:lol:
Businesswoman of the year.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:40 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Dr Hotdog wrote:BWFC has crossed the Rubicon. Every minute that Dobbie and Heskey get in a white shirt is a minute lost in the development of one of the young lads. A patch-work collection of journeymen is a one-way ticket to footballing oblivion - the proof is in their pudding. Pudding that time and again is a bitter mess of toil and shit and freshly served in front of a live Stadium audience. This is the time to rip up most of it and start again.

Stop fannying about. What do you really think?
I agree with the "play the kids" sentiment, especially if they're trying to reduce costs which they probably should be.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:23 am

And just because they,re kids doesn't mean they aren't as good as the Seniors! Less experienced definitely,but trying one or two may just save our season.Because on the showing so far most of them look lazy and happy to take their big wages (last month excepted),but to be fair,can anyone name one player this season who has looked like giving their all for BWFC? And Doreen is league2 at the very best!

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:31 am

A bit late! I know,but congratulations should have gone to Andy Waller on a excellent title thread name!

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:55 am

Even I used to hit the odd worldie out of 500 hundred attempts (and still scored more than the stump in between them).

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jetsetwilly » Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:27 am

If the likes of Woolery are deemed to be worse than Heskey, Madine and Dobbie he might as well give up now. I'd much rather have someone from the U16 team in than this trio. They are awful.

Those saying Lennon would have bought better with more money need to realise that plenty of teams at this level have limited funds. If a player is deemed not good enough, you wait, save your money and get in a better player when you can. All 3 were proven to be no good. Look at their record in recent years at Blackpool, Fleetwood and in Australia.

Lennon is a shocker. He can't identify any quality needed in a striker and can't organise a defence.

Monday is D day for me. Takeover happens and Lennon is sacked, or we are down and probably out.

If there was a way to get rids of every professional at the club and start again I would take it. Rotten to the core

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:42 am

Worthy4England wrote:^^ Not everyone is optimistic about the campaign to get a good turn out tomorrow...as reported in the press...
“We couldn’t #fillthemacron if we took out 10000 seats and were playing Brazil in the FA Cup Final.”
Some right bloody humbugs about... :D YKWYA
Sad but true tho. The #fillthemacron thing was a nice effort. If you were on twitter as it gathered momentum it would have been easy to get carried away that something was happening. Truth is it was doomed to failure, the majority of potential attendees are not on twitter and will have been oblivious to the whole thing. It only got a mention in the local press on the morning of the game!

Having said that it could have been on national news for a month and Boris' statement would still apply. Once dedicated fans have become apathetic. Myself included. I wouldn't have gone yesterday if it was free, intact I could have gone for free but I didnt bother.

Gonna take more than a handbag.