Panic Fannies vs Men of Steel

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

How much of a panic fanny are you?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:21 pm

100% We will enter voluntary administration between now & 18th
46%
75% A new buyer will be found within a week ( fingers crossed)
17%
50% Eddie will pay all the money before we go to court
14%
25% Eddie will brazen it out and go to court denying the motion
3%
0% It'll be reet. It's a conspiracy. Nothing bad will happen.
20%

Total votes: 35

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Panic Fannies vs Men of Steel

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:13 pm

It's not that difficult to prove:
Giz that tenner you owe me.
Won't
Petition to wind you up.
Judge: pay the cxnt or else; tomorrow.
Tomorrow arrives without tenner being paid.
Judge: Well fxck me, you're wound up you stupid tw@t.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:18 pm

I wish the world were that simple.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:23 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:I wish the world were that simple.
We might find out in 32 days.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:24 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
oh for feck's sake - don't start yet another of your panic-fanny countdowns!!! :whack:

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:26 pm

Indeed. Though as the major creditor I doubt ED is going to f*ck himself over.

And if we do go down that route, don't expect it to be a quick death. It takes a f*cking eternity for them to trawl through the thousands and thousands of pages of financial shit we'll be generating (most pertinently, I bet we generate thousands of pages of bank statements a month alone).
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:29 pm

thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
oh for feck's sake - don't start yet another of your panic-fanny countdowns!!! :whack:
It's not My Fault fffs. If modern day judges could make their minds up.
Anyway, I don't think Jan/Feb advent calendars cut the mustard.

My present stance is remarkably similar to those dogs who are terrified of bonfire night. I'm lying curled up with my tail as close to me gob as I can get, shivering, waiting for it all to be over..
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:33 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:My present stance is remarkably similar to those dogs who are terrified of bonfire night. I'm lying curled up with my tail as close to me gob as I can get, shivering, waiting for it all to be over..
I'm with Tombwfc and his memorable "having a pint at the Winchester". You could lie at our feet whimpering if you like; if it helps, we'll sit by the fire.

We can pore over every website definition but really it's about the consortia getting their bids together and then Eddie anointing his successor, which I still believe he'll do in the best interests of the club.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:38 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:My present stance is remarkably similar to those dogs who are terrified of bonfire night. I'm lying curled up with my tail as close to me gob as I can get, shivering, waiting for it all to be over..
I'm with Tombwfc and his memorable "having a pint at the Winchester". You could lie at our feet whimpering if you like; if it helps, we'll sit by the fire.

We can pore over every website definition but really it's about the consortia getting their bids together and then Eddie anointing his successor, which I still believe he'll do in the best interests of the club.
My problem is, despite their protestations, I don't think in the best interests of the club any of those are real and even if they are the best financial interests of the club might turn out to be a beast they can't understand.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:45 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:

My problem is, despite their protestations, I don't think in the best interests of the club any of those are real and even if they are the best financial interests of the club might turn out to be a beast they can't understand.
^ damned talkative for a shivering dog....

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:57 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote: I'm lying curled up with my tail as close to me gob as I can get,..
I think Lever End might have gone to the match, so on his behalf - "Fnarr"
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:04 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:We can pore over every website definition but really it's about the consortia getting their bids together and then Eddie anointing his successor, which I still believe he'll do in the best interests of the club.
That's fair enough. We can't know, so we're back into the realm of belief that started this whole thread off. :D

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:12 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:The Law is clear in the respect that if creditors are still owed then it is a criminal offence. The only way to avoid it is to satisfy all our creditors - therefore, as it stands (and lets be clear, its if what he says has some truth to it) it would be unlikely we'd be going into administration.

A further however, is that (with all due respect to Worthy) having seen company's accounts on the other side of an administration, they can be seen to have been an absolute tissue of lies once the shit hits the fan - accounts are filed by accountants on the basis of the information they're given. So I reserve judgement as to what the f*ck is going on at our club.

It'll probably be reet. I suspect ED would rather not have his collar felt.
No due respect needed good Sir. I've also seen the Accounts of businesses that aren't all they might seem through merger and acquisition activity at work. I do give them generally an "innocent until proven guilty" approach, whilst generally trying to find guilt if it's there. Just looking at the Accounts isn't going to tell you necessarily the truth or the correct interpretation of the detail, without them there's no point talking about any of this from a financial standpoint, they're the only public record we have. Someone speculating about their veracity based on the information contained therein or other "facts", I think is fine, folks just saying "it all looks a bit shady" based on zero fact other than gut feel, I'm fairly dismissive of. I wouldn't buy us on the basis of the Accounts, if I had the means to do so. There's a whole lot more I'd want to see...