Lennon out!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Lennon out!

Post by jonnycooper » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:45 pm

He,ll be Southend Manager soon!! For sure..

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:59 am

I don't want Browny though.

(now that the woild is our oyster, can we attempt to attract that slightly bonkers special Portugese chap with an offer he can refuse, at least to put us in the shop window?)
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:06 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:I don't want Browny though.

(now that the woild is our oyster, can we attempt to attract that slightly bonkers special Portugese chap with an offer he can refuse, at least to put us in the shop window?)
Vaz Te? maybe the IS his season! :wink:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:15 am

I think logically that they will give Lennon till the end of the season. By the time Deano has the reigns and has his board in place to make decisions we'll have at most 12 games left, possibly less. And then there is the business of the loan window to deal with. Hard to bring anyone in if you are between managers.

By the time they could get rid and bring someone in you could be looking at only 8 games left and that would potentially be too late anyway.

I think he'll have till end of season then be gone. See Birmingham sacking Lee Clark despite their miraculous survival as an example.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:19 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:I think logically that they will give Lennon till the end of the season. By the time Deano has the reigns and has his board in place to make decisions we'll have at most 12 games left, possibly less. And then there is the business of the loan window to deal with. Hard to bring anyone in if you are between managers.

By the time they could get rid and bring someone in you could be looking at only 8 games left and that would potentially be too late anyway.

I think he'll have till end of season then be gone. See Birmingham sacking Lee Clark despite their miraculous survival as an example.

indeed... I really can't see sacking Lenny being anywhere near the top of their to-do list... I may be wrong, though - cos we know the cubic root of feck all about their actual plans!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:24 am

Also factor in that IF they did want Phil Brown (and I suspect that to be the case) there is still a chance he could get promoted with Southend. And obviously a big chance we'd be relegated.

Whereas if at the end of the season both are league one sides (or even both championship sides) then he'd have a decision to make.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:44 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:I think logically that they will give Lennon till the end of the season. By the time Deano has the reigns and has his board in place to make decisions we'll have at most 12 games left, possibly less. And then there is the business of the loan window to deal with. Hard to bring anyone in if you are between managers.

But other examples display less certitude in this respect, for example Derby sacking whatsisname despite being fifth in the table, and under him never having lost a game*

*(tiny amount of exaggeration there for illustrative purposes).
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:45 am

thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:I don't want Browny though.

Vaz Te? maybe the IS his season! :wink:
I forgot he was is Portugese
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:19 am

Still reckon Browny would leave to come to us. He's done a belting job there, but they're only ever going to be in a mega relegation scrap in the championship.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:00 pm

Prufrock wrote:Still reckon Browny would leave to come to us. He's done a belting job there, but they're only ever going to be in a mega relegation scrap in the championship.
Whereas we'll piss league one. :D
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:03 pm

Prufrock wrote:Still reckon Browny would leave to come to us. He's done a belting job there, but they're only ever going to be in a mega relegation scrap in the championship.
If he took them up and we went down I'm not so sure. Better to be at a club on the up, especially where you're likely to have job security even if you went back down.

If both in same division I expect he'd jump at the chance to come here.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:14 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Seems I recall something along those lines about the Championship.... :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:15 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
If he took them up and we went down I'm not so sure. Better to be at a club on the up, especially where you're likely to have job security even if you went back down.

If Sports shield invest so little in their ventures they're hardly likely to want to pay compo to Southend for Brown's services when there are several out of work managers available
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:22 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

How many managers actually get the chance to take the club back down though? You're always chancing getting sacked anyway. Plus if/when they go down, it's a lot harder once you've lost that momentum. I saw him on TV last week and I think he said they have the smallest budget in League 1. So even if they went up and then down, you're then going to be in a relegation scrap from League 1. Whereas our budget on it's merits is probably lower half of the Champo. League 1 doesn't have anywhere near the same level of private investment as the Champo does, so with a big budget and good-will of knowing the club you'd surely back yourself with us,
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:23 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

If Sports shield invest so little in their ventures they're hardly likely to want to pay compo to Southend for Brown's services when there are several out of work managers available
Possibly. I'd say that investing in the right manager is probably the most crucial thing they can do though if indeed their model is around very modest investment looking for big returns.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:34 pm

Well, we've blamed bad buying, overpriced wages, too many beaks in the trough, bad organisatin, and a succession of four poor managers. We've waved goodbye to a training ground, thinned our squad and avoided insolvency by the skin of our teeth. Any chance of looking forwards towards the light now? Onwards and upwards and all that stuff? A bit of COME ON YOU WHITES.....MAYBE? :oyea: :oyea: :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:09 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

The venture capitalists are Thames Valley Capital (Bruce Gordon's mob) not Deano's consortium. We still haven't had independent confirmation of how the SPA is to be split, and therefore the idea that there is extremely limited capital to be invested is premature.
Not that I can see Sport Shield being able to rub more than thrupence ha'penny together myself, having said that.
Indeed my biggest fear is that the club will be starved of funds and we all know where that leads to.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:24 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Spotty here is is, here is is! Bonkers Portugese chap. Make your pitch.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:26 pm

fecking Browny :lol: :lol: :lol:

A Malcolm Crosby in waiting.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:42 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Aye, and one of those will be sat in the Directors box!