Hanging on, January Transfer Window thread 2017

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Hanging on, January Transfer Window thread 2017

Post by twilight » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:38 pm

IF, and its a big if the rumours are true & Chris Taylor leaves, surely they wouldnt get rid of him and not get anybody else in as cover in the squad?
IMO we'll get at least one in

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:31 pm

We thought we wouldn't get any the last transfer window. I think we all might be a bit surprised. Anderson's son will have a few tricks up his sleeve
Pfffft.

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:14 pm

I find it hard to believe that we'd be actively looking at shifting out players, either on loan or by paying them off, who are at senior level if we didn't have a couple of irons in the fire.

Doesn't necessarily mean anything will move, simply that I reckon there's some action going on somewhere.

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:00 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lol at all those moaning when we sold Woolery.

Ultimately some BWFC fans seem to massively, overrate their youngsters to a crazy degree.
Something else worth mentioning about this is that he probably hasn’t dropped down to that level because he can’t get a game higher up the pyramid, but because he isn’t allowed to sign for another club in the Football League. This is due to a FIFA ruling which dictates that no player can play for more than two clubs in one season, and his few brief appearances for us just before we sold him means that he’s hit his quota of two (Wigan Athletic obviously being the other). We find ourselves in the same situation with Conor Wilkinson and, hopefully, Sammy Ameobi.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:16 am

BN reporting that we might be in for Dominic Samuel, a striker at Reading.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... g_striker/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:47 am

This transfer window, however you choose to look at it, probably will cost us automatic promotion, if not more.

Teams around us have all added several players to their squad. Our squad is worse. We still have time to add a couple, but I doubt we will be getting real quality in. Not the sort of quality that would give us that push over the line. And further, we've conceded ground in January, partly because we lost Ameobi and haven't got anything like him in the squad now. So results have suffered.

The fact we are still under embargo is embarrassing. We can only have a squad of 23 and some of those are injured for the season. We are still beg, borrowing and stealing.

I appreciate what Ken et al. have done, but the ongoing ownership dispute and fact that Parky is operating this crucial window with his hands tied behind his back will IMO be what costs us promotion. And then I fear for what happens next season.

We are far from guaranteed even a play-off place at this stage. And a key injury or two, IMO with our current squad could rob us of even that.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:49 am

LeverEnd wrote:
boltonboris wrote:We ain't signing anybody
ITK or just your opinion?
My mate agrees with you, I think we'll get at least one. We're just guessing though.
No ITK, but when 2 separate companies are taking you court for money, it won;t look good to be active in the window - We'll struggle for a kit next season
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:51 am

In other news the world is about to end. Still, could be worse I suppose...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:22 am

Happy Friday, everyone!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:41 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:In other news the world is about to end. Still, could be worse I suppose...
Makes you just pray the IOM hits an iceberg!

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:22 am

Hoboh wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:In other news the world is about to end. Still, could be worse I suppose...
Makes you just pray the IOM hits an iceberg!
Wont he be on holiday in Barbados?

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:53 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:This transfer window, however you choose to look at it, probably will cost us automatic promotion, if not more.

Teams around us have all added several players to their squad. Our squad is worse. We still have time to add a couple, but I doubt we will be getting real quality in. Not the sort of quality that would give us that push over the line. And further, we've conceded ground in January, partly because we lost Ameobi and haven't got anything like him in the squad now. So results have suffered.

The fact we are still under embargo is embarrassing. We can only have a squad of 23 and some of those are injured for the season. We are still beg, borrowing and stealing.

I appreciate what Ken et al. have done, but the ongoing ownership dispute and fact that Parky is operating this crucial window with his hands tied behind his back will IMO be what costs us promotion. And then I fear for what happens next season.

We are far from guaranteed even a play-off place at this stage. And a key injury or two, IMO with our current squad could rob us of even that.
Look at Sheffield Utd...signed 4 and have 1 point in 9

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:04 pm

jmjhb wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:This transfer window, however you choose to look at it, probably will cost us automatic promotion, if not more.

Look at Sheffield Utd...signed 4 and have 1 point in 9
Right and we've failed to capitalise on that falling further behind. They will finish strongly.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:09 pm

We have failed to capitalise on that because we haven't played.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:48 pm

jmjhb wrote:We have failed to capitalise on that because we haven't played.
A lame excuse. :D

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:18 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Was thinking that... :D

Not sure either how this transfer window is going to cost us promotion, other than the fact that the okefenokee swamp were in as a club hasn't really been caused by this transfer window at all...
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:26 pm

We've 1 point from 6 this month.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:27 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:

Not sure either how this transfer window is going to cost us promotion, other than the fact that the okefenokee swamp were in as a club hasn't really been caused by this transfer window at all...
Our rivals have improved their squads with a number of players. We've weakened ours. We can only add one extra player unless we sell or loan others.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:40 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

Our rivals have improved their squads with a number of players. We've weakened ours. We can only add one extra player unless we sell or loan others.
We had choices?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:00 pm

Slight overreaction from BWFCI. I do agree though that right now, with the current squad, we will not go up automatically, although I do think we would make the play offs. However, one advantage of having an ex-agent chairman is that we seem to be able to get transfer deals done. So we are almost certain to sign at least one player, and it wouldn't surprise me if we did manage to move one or two out, and sign one or two more. We have to have better attacking and goalscoring options in to have a chance of automatic promotion, and I think we will. With an Ameobi return looking less likely, the big question is will they be good enough?