Summer 2021 Transfer Thread.

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Summer 2021 Transfer Thread.

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:14 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:11 pm
What the actual f*ck?!

Is it possible to be *inherently* a basket case?!
"Scientists are still divided over whether genetics or environment are behind Bolton Wanderers' insistence on careering from omnishambles into clusterf*ck into f*cktastrophe."

Meanwhile, the irony:
MJ's face is like "Oh I guess I'll just do ALL THE WORK THEN"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:15 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:01 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:57 pm
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:44 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:40 pm
I take issue with anyone who suggests the manager is not at fault in some way
Yeah we've noticed.
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:40 pm
this is the captain who has been picked every single week bar Tuesday. And we go from that to - out the door.
Which rather suggests some culpability on the captain's part, no? Or do you think Evatt did it for shits and giggles to the captain he's defended more than most of his players?

If it comes to it, Evatt can hop too.

As you say, we don't know what happened.
If the Twitter rumours that Sarce isn’t the only one going after a fall out were true….is it still just Sarce’s fault?
How many mutineers would you forgive?

All manner of wild fun on the socials. Kind of interesting to watch.
The manager is responsible for the past few weeks and for any fallout. And as ever the subsequent results will be down to him. If it makes us better then he gets praise. If it goes to shit he gets the boot. And his conduct over the past few weeks raises questions.

I’ve no time for players who think they are bigger than the club. But perhaps being told we are the best team in the league constantly hasn’t helped.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:26 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:15 pm
I’ve no time for players who think they are bigger than the club. But perhaps being told we are the best team in the league constantly hasn’t helped.
I mean logically that makes no sense whatsoever; if the team has been artificially inflated then the player should feel smaller. It's not like Evatt said Sarce should be playing for England.

I get your point. There's been a lot of hot air. You'd think we'd be used to it by now. And you'd think he'd be uses to people using every word as a potential stick to beat him.

Seems to me he says those things to make his players feel like they're part of something special. Wonder how the Stockport manager, also 39, conducts himself in public?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:28 pm

The manager is ultimately responsible, that's the job. But that doesn't mean you just stop there. Any player, no matter who, who throws their toys out and decides they're off to non league can f*ck off.

I'm not saying there are no circumstances in which it would be justified, but they're limited to a very small list which are should be sackable offences for the manager (violence, racism...) and for some reason the club haven't sacked them.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:30 pm

We will release a statement later this afternoon, according to Jack Dearden on Twitter

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:31 pm

Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:26 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:15 pm
I mean logically that makes no sense whatsoever; if the team has been artificially inflated then the player should feel smaller. It's not like Evatt said Sarce should be playing for England.

I get your point. There's been a lot of hot air. You'd think we'd be used to it by now. And you'd think he'd be uses to people using every word as a potential stick to beat him.

Seems to me he says those things to make his players feel like they're part of something special. Wonder how the Stockport manager, also 39, conducts himself in public?
If a manager can clearly be that rattled after an undeserved 1-0 defeat to Sheffield Wednesday that he comes out with such nonsense what’s he like behind closed doors?

As I say as ever he will be judged on results going forwards and after this week tomorrow is a massive game that we simply cannot afford to lose. So if he inspires a win then as usual any critique will be spared. But if not then the situation draws into sharp focus.

I joked this felt like the Coyle Wembley meltdown….it’s not so funny now.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:33 pm

Club statement incoming soon...

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:33 pm

jmjhb wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:30 pm
We will release a statement later this afternoon, according to Jack Dearden on Twitter
Goldline rollover?
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:36 pm

Twitterers suggesting Doyle is off as well.
Apparently his wife made an emotional but vague tweet last night.

The_Gun
Passionate
Passionate

Post by The_Gun » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:39 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:36 pm
Surely not. This is already one of the strangest turn of events in recent memory, and this is a club which is not unfamiliar with strange events.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:43 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:36 pm
I think that’s a lot of 2+2=5 stuff. Was about something else. But I have heard from someone I trust who knows that it’s highly possible another is offski with Sarce. Both been ‘sacked’ apparently. Whether club phrases like that or not I don’t know. Whether there is still a chance that apologists save them as well seems unclear. I do know club are raging that Stockport broke the story.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:45 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:31 pm
If a manager can clearly be that rattled after an undeserved 1-0 defeat to Sheffield Wednesday that he comes out with such nonsense what’s he like behind closed doors?
Come on now. You know Evatt's pressers are performance art. I haven't heard the quote in context Iles says he was asked whether 8th-placed Bolton were behind or ahead of his expectations. Fullest quote I can find is:

"We’re behind. I expect us to be number one. I expect us to be first. I think we’re the best team in the league. People will say that’s arrogance, that’s overconfidence, but on performances I believe we’re the best team in the league. We should have won all those games.”

Now, with the glorious vision of hindsight that is a quote ripe to be mentioned by other managers, but to me it's clearly designed to give his players his full support. He's not saying he's disappointed, he's saying we've been unlucky because he's been so impressed with the players.

(Out of interest, two paragraphs later: “There were nice moments from everybody. I can’t speak highly enough of every single one of them. Eoin (Doyle) again put in an immense shift, Antoni (Sarcevic) got a nasty kick in the first half and was really struggling with his leg but carried on and was great." The massive bully bastard.)

You can call that "nonsense" if you like. I call it a manager getting behind his players, as he has in almost all circumstances, including early last season when Sarce had to jump off Twitter. Maybe, having done that so much, he feels disappointed *now*, especially if – and it's only an if, we don't know – his hand-picked captain picked a fight with him.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:54 pm

You can imagine Evatt getting into rows but he's our boss until he isn't so he gets backed.
Unless that's part of the statement...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:57 pm

Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:45 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:31 pm
Come on now. You know Evatt's pressers are performance art. I haven't heard the quote in context Iles says he was asked whether 8th-placed Bolton were behind or ahead of his expectations. Fullest quote I can find is:

"We’re behind. I expect us to be number one. I expect us to be first. I think we’re the best team in the league. People will say that’s arrogance, that’s overconfidence, but on performances I believe we’re the best team in the league. We should have won all those games.”

Now, with the glorious vision of hindsight that is a quote ripe to be mentioned by other managers, but to me it's clearly designed to give his players his full support. He's not saying he's disappointed, he's saying we've been unlucky because he's been so impressed with the players.

(Out of interest, two paragraphs later: “There were nice moments from everybody. I can’t speak highly enough of every single one of them. Eoin (Doyle) again put in an immense shift, Antoni (Sarcevic) got a nasty kick in the first half and was really struggling with his leg but carried on and was great." The massive bully bastard.)

You can call that "nonsense" if you like. I call it a manager getting behind his players, as he has in almost all circumstances, including early last season when Sarce had to jump off Twitter. Maybe, having done that so much, he feels disappointed *now*, especially if – and it's only an if, we don't know – his hand-picked captain picked a fight with him.
He said we could have won every game 6-0. Every single person listening to that winced. And we all knew what was coming from Wigan. It was so predictable.

There is a difference in clever managerial performance that takes pressure off your players but this did the opposite.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:00 pm

Out of interest, will you be glad if the statement says Evatt has resigned?

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:01 pm

Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:02 pm

Wow. This club...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:03 pm

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2021/octobe ... port-move/

“He did a terrific job to help us secure promotion and then gain an early foothold in League One this time around,” said Bolton boss Evatt. “This is a new challenge for him we wish him every success in the future. We believe we still have excellent competition for places in the midfield area and this also allows us to look ahead and potentially strengthen the squad in January where we feel necessary if we can.”

Santos is the new captain.

brommers95
Reliable
Reliable

Post by brommers95 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:06 pm

A free transfer so he's had his contract cancelled by us. Must have been a falling out then as a catalyst for this. Very disappointing not to get some sort of fee.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:10 pm

Mental.

Just shows you don't know half of what is going on.

If his head isn't in it then cheerio.

Part of me worries this could be down to finances. *edit seen he's had a bust up with Evatt. Fanny.

Could see Politic recalled.