For new signings, ask the man from the Pru

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: For new signings, ask the man from the Pru

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:45 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Possible we will get the incomings sorted, then while they're going through the FL we find clubs to whom we can loan players like Walker, Wilkinson, maybe even Woolery or Wilson

I doubt we'd have bothered trying to sort out 6 (more) transfers if we didn't have a plan
Oh I'm sure there is a plan. Just double risk isn't there with incoming and outgoing deals, something is bound to go wrong at some point.

If we get another attacker and another midfield player in I'll be happy. I think that would be decent and anything else would be greedy. Though I wonder if Derik is perhaps more likely to go than Walker/Wilkinson who were included last night?

I'm sure we want rid of Walker and Wilkinson but guess we have to shift those who are actually wanted elsewhere.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:45 pm

throwawayboltonian wrote:I have it on good authority that we are about to sign Odemwingie.

https://twitter.com/ianmccormack/status ... 3338333185" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:D

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:00 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Possible we will get the incomings sorted, then while they're going through the FL we find clubs to whom we can loan players like Walker, Wilkinson, maybe even Woolery or Wilson

I doubt we'd have bothered trying to sort out 6 (more) transfers if we didn't have a plan
Oh I'm sure there is a plan. Just double risk isn't there with incoming and outgoing deals, something is bound to go wrong at some point.

If we get another attacker and another midfield player in I'll be happy. I think that would be decent and anything else would be greedy. Though I wonder if Derik is perhaps more likely to go than Walker/Wilkinson who were included last night?

I'm sure we want rid of Walker and Wilkinson but guess we have to shift those who are actually wanted elsewhere.
I think it's harder to get rid of Derik (£10kpw, although we'd presumably subsidise) than a British/Irish kid like Wilko or Walker. If I were a Fourth Division or Conference manager I'd be a bit more hopeful that they'd come good for me; Derik is a bit betwixt-and-between. As a Bolton fan, I also wouldn't count their inclusion last night as meaning much - Finney got the flick within 24hrs of playing at Blackpool.

Question: has anybody worked out exactly who the 23 are? I make it we've got these 22:

Lewis Buxton
Dean Moxey
Dorian Dervite
Mark Beevers
Josh Vela
Chris Taylor
Jay Spearing
Jamie Proctor
Zach Clough
Gary Madine
Derik
Mark Davies
Liam Trotter
Max Clayton
Andrew Taylor (on loan)
Darren Pratley
Lawrie Wilson
Tom Walker
Kaiyne Woolery
David Wheater
Mark Howard
Conor Wilkinson

But then the EFL's own SCMP guidance defines a "player" thusly:
• 24 or fewer established players (players aged 21 or over that have made at least 5 starting appearances for the club)
- from what I can see, Wilko has started four games (another possible reason for that curious switch last night?)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:03 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

I think it's harder to get rid of Derik (£10kpw, although we'd presumably subsidise) than a British/Irish kid like Wilko or Walker. If I were a Fourth Division or Conference manager I'd be a bit more hopeful that they'd come good for me; Derik is a bit betwixt-and-between. As a Bolton fan, I also wouldn't count their inclusion last night as meaning much - Finney got the flick within 24hrs of playing at Blackpool.

Question: has anybody worked out exactly who the 23 are? I make it we've got these 22:

Lewis Buxton
Dean Moxey
Dorian Dervite
Mark Beevers
Josh Vela
Chris Taylor
Jay Spearing
Jamie Proctor
Zach Clough
Gary Madine
Derik
Mark Davies
Liam Trotter
Max Clayton
Andrew Taylor (on loan)
Darren Pratley
Lawrie Wilson
Tom Walker
Kaiyne Woolery
David Wheater
Mark Howard
Conor Wilkinson

But then the EFL's own SCMP guidance defines a "player" thusly:
• 24 or fewer established players (players aged 21 or over that have made at least 5 starting appearances for the club)
- from what I can see, Wilko has started four games (another possible reason for that curious switch last night?)
Iles says it is anyone on a pro contract who has made a senior appearance....

And age is irrelevant. That is his information. IF he's right we aren't under SCMP.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:09 pm

Big leap of faith to assume Marc Iles knows something about something
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:58 pm

The embargo rules seem to state the following:

the Club’s registered playing squad is 24 or fewer registered Established Players (as defined by Note 10.3); and

Note 10.3.1...

an Established Player is one who has made at least one competitive appearance in the starting eleven for that Club at any time;

Link

http://www.efl.com/global/appendix5.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We were under FFP rather than SCMP last year so that maybe where there are conflicting definitions? From what I have read of Iles I would be more inclined to trust the documented rules, but interested to know where he gets his info from...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:00 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:The embargo rules seem to state the following:

the Club’s registered playing squad is 24 or fewer registered Established Players (as defined by Note 10.3); and

Note 10.3.1...

an Established Player is one who has made at least one competitive appearance in the starting eleven for that Club at any time;

Link

http://www.efl.com/global/appendix5.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We were under FFP rather than SCMP last year so that maybe where there are conflicting definitions? From what I have read of Iles I would be more inclined to trust the documented rules, but interested to know where he gets his info from...
OK, ta. So with Wilko included we have 22, right? Or who've I missed from the previous list?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:04 pm

Iles spoke to Parky last night re embargo and to Ken earlier in the day, or so he claims. It is clear the club aren't going to spell it out exactly so there will be some guesswork.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:08 pm

Note 10.3.1...

Link

OK, ta. So with Wilko included we have 22, right? Or who've I missed from the previous list?
The other possible one is Will Jaaskelainen who apparently we signed on pro terms last year? Has he ever been picked?

If not I agree we have two slots available in theory...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:09 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:

Note 10.3.1...

Link

The other possible one is Will Jaaskelainen who apparently we signed on pro terms last year? Has he ever been picked?

fnaaaar...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:11 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:

Note 10.3.1...

Link

Depends if the limit is 24 or 23....

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:16 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:So with Wilko included we have 22, right? Or who've I missed from the previous list?

As far as I can see Jussi Jr hasn't even been in a (competitive-game) matchday squad, let alone played. Think he got some 'minutes' in Scandiwegia this summer but that don't count for shit here.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:17 pm

Hmm:

Bradford winger Paul Anderson has left the club by mutual consent.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:30 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Hmm:

Only 5'9" though :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:39 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Hmm:

Only 5'9" though :D
:D

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:44 pm

Marc Iles is saying that he accidentally asked a club source about Paul Anderson last night, meaning to ask about yon Palace lad Keshi Anderson. The source quickly denied interest in Paul Anderson, but it wouldn't amaze me now if something happened with Paul; he didn't play much last season but that's cos he broke his leg in September and wasn't fit again until the end of the season, when the Bantams were on a roll.

Meanwhile, there's talk of Walker to Bury on loan.

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:51 pm

From Marc Iles
Sources in South Yorkshire say Rotherham United are in talks to sign Gary Madine. Furthermore, utility man Tom Thorpe could be heading in the other direction.
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:52 pm

Tom Thorpe. Played the second half of last season on loan at Bradford for Parkinson. Can play right-back, centre-half and holding midfield. Also captained Paul Pogba at United...
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:56 pm

bit of a bradford connection taking shape here!

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:58 pm

I guess moving all these players around is hard enough, without also trying to do it in a way that it all makes immediate sense. Lets see where we are at 11pm.