January transfer window...

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: January transfer window...

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:28 am

TKIZ! wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Dartisan wrote: Will it be SKD or Elmo that's rested? Gotta presume the latter.
You could make a good case for either at the minute - Davo has still only managed 3 goals from open play this season.
I hear you on this Worthy. Either could be 'rested', the goals have dried up a bit
I think you could rest half the team, the way we're playing. Which is all well and good, but you still have to bring in someone better than the people you're resting - which I think is our problem.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:36 am

Is anyone else a little twitchy? Clubs around and below us all seem to be doing stuff.

We're in serious danger of total and utter freefall at the moment and all we're linked with is a player we have IMO little chance of landing in Sturridge.

If we get him great, he's a very good player. But I honestly can't see it!

But even so where is the midfield player we've been crying out for above all else even from the summer by OC's direct admission?

I'm worried, its not the first time and it won't be the last and its probably overreaction to all the "news" of other clubs half of which probably won't happen. I know we're in debt and can't do much about that and it restricts what we can do but I'm not sure where the spark will come from without fresh new impetus from new faces?

Choppers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Choppers » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:53 am

Bringing in a centre back, and only a centre back is (so far) not really good enough for this window.

Either our finances are incredibly bad or...I don't know what tbh.

We are a tiny squad again and our form is suffering for it.

Seeing Bentley playing the way is for Birmingham is making me jealous, that's how bad it is.

Having a squad that is so thin that every player knows they are undroppable (K Davies, I'm looking at you) is just unnacceptable. You need competition for places and we have none whatsoever.

Just seen that Stephen Ireland is going on loan to Newcastle. Shit attitude, but great player when his head is right. Could have been a great loan signing for us, especially with Coyle as Mr Motivator.

I can't believe that Coyle and company think that we've really got enough in the tank? Unless we inject some energy somehow, the only way is down.
http://www.godisageek.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | A Videogame Site With A Difference
http://www.twitter.com/jebusf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | Twitter

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:17 pm

Choppers wrote:Bringing in a centre back, and only a centre back is (so far) not really good enough for this window.

Either our finances are incredibly bad or...I don't know what tbh.

We are a tiny squad again and our form is suffering for it.

Seeing Bentley playing the way is for Birmingham is making me jealous, that's how bad it is.

Having a squad that is so thin that every player knows they are undroppable (K Davies, I'm looking at you) is just unnacceptable. You need competition for places and we have none whatsoever.

Just seen that Stephen Ireland is going on loan to Newcastle. Shit attitude, but great player when his head is right. Could have been a great loan signing for us, especially with Coyle as Mr Motivator.

I can't believe that Coyle and company think that we've really got enough in the tank? Unless we inject some energy somehow, the only way is down.
Coyle has his targets that he can try for, if they don't want to come here or cost too much money it's hardly his fault
Pfffft.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:31 pm

I think we'll bring at least one in, we've two domestic loan spots left and you fancy there will be someone going spare somewhere.

Who's gone elsewhere that shows we're being left behind?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:51 pm

Tombwfc wrote:I think we'll bring at least one in, we've two domestic loan spots left and you fancy there will be someone going spare somewhere.

Who's gone elsewhere that shows we're being left behind?

:pray:

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:53 pm

Choppers wrote: Having a squad that is so thin that every player knows they are undroppable (K Davies, I'm looking at you) is just unnacceptable. You need competition for places and we have none whatsoever.
Every team need a spine, that spine has to be players who are regulars. The only time you should change this spine is if one of the players is consistently adding nothing to the team. That is NOT the case with Kevin Davies.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:54 pm

I'm pretty confident Owen knows what he's doing and is trying his best to get in the few fresh faces we desperately require. According to the mirror we're linked with a loan move for Daniel Sturridge and a permanent move for Wright-Phillips, although I have some doubt we will be successful in getting both in such a short space of time what an achievement it would be if such a move could be pulled off! 2 players of that calibre, both english to boot, and i think we'll definately remain in the top 7 come end of season. Not bad for Owen's FIRST full season in charge ey :wink:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:59 pm

Bolton are chasing Chelsea striker Daniel Sturridge after missing out on a loan move for Arsenal youngster Carlos Vela.

Boss Owen Coyle is desperate to bolster his options in attack during the January window and has now turned his attentions to 21-year-old Sturridge after Vela joined West Brom.

Sturridge had been linked with Liverpool but it would seem as if the youngster could be heading to Bolton and a sim-month loan spell at the Reebok has been mooted in the press.

However, Coyle will have to move quickly if he is to add to his slender squad in the current transfer window as the window closes at 11pm on Monday and Sturridge has reportedly travelled to the Reebok to discuss terms ahead of a proposed loan switch.
(sport.co.uk)

:shock:

Dartisan
Promising
Promising

Post by Dartisan » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:10 pm

TKIZ! wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Dartisan wrote: Will it be SKD or Elmo that's rested? Gotta presume the latter.
You could make a good case for either at the minute - Davo has still only managed 3 goals from open play this season.
I hear you on this Worthy. Either could be 'rested', the goals have dried up a bit
True, of course, but will SKD ever not start!? It'd be a big step (though IMHO a good one) for Coyle not to start him when fit. Elmo of course is our 'big money' striker, which usually results in a start as well. I'd maybe rather somebody gives Elmo the kick of dropping to the bench, but if the player coming in isn't the type to capitalise on opportunities SKD's presence might create then I'd have to say drop Davies. It's very rare he looks likely to score, and boy do we need some goals!
Everything but the game: Because it's not just a game, it's a way of life.

Dartisan
Promising
Promising

Post by Dartisan » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:11 pm

wanderers_on_tour wrote:I'm pretty confident Owen knows what he's doing and is trying his best to get in the few fresh faces we desperately require. According to the mirror we're linked with a loan move for Daniel Sturridge and a permanent move for Wright-Phillips, although I have some doubt we will be successful in getting both in such a short space of time what an achievement it would be if such a move could be pulled off! 2 players of that calibre, both english to boot, and i think we'll definately remain in the top 7 come end of season. Not bad for Owen's FIRST full season in charge ey :wink:
I simply don't see how we could get SWP on a permanent. I'm sure the wages were a struggle just for a short-term loan, but on a long-term basis AND a signing fee?! Pah, I can't see it.
Everything but the game: Because it's not just a game, it's a way of life.

Choppers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Choppers » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:26 pm

boltonboris wrote:That is NOT the case with Kevin Davies.
Really? At the moment I see a player who has gone from an attitude of "Get up and get on with it" to "Moan about every decision", from a player who would chase every ball from attack to defence, to a player who stands still, flapping his arms and looking like he's in a huff.

On top of all that, this is the captain we're talking about.

I'm a massive fan of Davo's, he's a club legend already in my eyes, but he IS the captain, and the example he's setting at the moment isn't one I'd like to see the rest of the team showing.

I don't want to sell him, I just want the manager to recognise when he's playing poorly and give another player a fair crack of the whip. Our biggest problem at the moment seems to be that Coyle has backed himself into a corner with our front 2. He can't and won't drop Davo, he's the captain and a huge influence. He can't drop Elmander because he wants him to sign a new deal.

Money is our biggest issue though I think. I'm in a minority I'm sure, but I'd love to have seen Bentley in a whites shirt. If anyone could have gotten the most out of it him, it'd be Coyle.

You mention the spine, but I also think that Knight is letting us down as part of that spine. It's obvious to all and sundry how Coyle wants us to play, but Knight is extremely one dimensional. I don't want our centre backs to start playing their way of danger a-la Arsenal, but the times he punts it foward and we lose possession is just incredible.
http://www.godisageek.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | A Videogame Site With A Difference
http://www.twitter.com/jebusf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | Twitter

wanderers_on_tour
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by wanderers_on_tour » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:08 pm

Dartisan wrote:
wanderers_on_tour wrote:I'm pretty confident Owen knows what he's doing and is trying his best to get in the few fresh faces we desperately require. According to the mirror we're linked with a loan move for Daniel Sturridge and a permanent move for Wright-Phillips, although I have some doubt we will be successful in getting both in such a short space of time what an achievement it would be if such a move could be pulled off! 2 players of that calibre, both english to boot, and i think we'll definately remain in the top 7 come end of season. Not bad for Owen's FIRST full season in charge ey :wink:
I simply don't see how we could get SWP on a permanent. I'm sure the wages were a struggle just for a short-term loan, but on a long-term basis AND a signing fee?! Pah, I can't see it.
I thought that when the deal was first mentioned but it seems when there's a will there's a way! He isn't even on the bench for the Notts County match so who knows?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:06 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Last time I heard, Jamie O'Hara is about as likely to live in Bolton as Lofthouse Lower and Worthy For England are to live in London.
But apparently Wolverhampton is fine....
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:34 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Last time I heard, Jamie O'Hara is about as likely to live in Bolton as Lofthouse Lower and Worthy For England are to live in London.
But apparently Wolverhampton is fine....
Surprisingly nice place!
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:56 pm

Indeed, but I'd be surprised if Jamie knew that. And either way, it's not facking Lahndan.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:20 pm

Chelsea strikers are at home at the reebok I guess!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:30 pm

The only exciting january window I can recall was 2008.

And we had to offload Anelka to bring in some fresh blood. So, all in all, be careful what we collectively wish for.

That is unless Sturridge fancies a stint here. And then of course, I said all along that we needed someone of his calibra.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

marshall_42
Promising
Promising

Post by marshall_42 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:11 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:The only exciting january window I can recall was 2008.

And we had to offload Anelka to bring in some fresh blood. So, all in all, be careful what we collectively wish for.

That is unless Sturridge fancies a stint here. And then of course, I said all along that we needed someone of his calibra.
he has a calibra? awesome

Ianmooreslovechild
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Ianmooreslovechild » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:28 pm

79 pages of speculation,discussion, rumour etc.And what do we get for our trouble and pain? just an ugly lad from county durham. Transfer gossip. It's just a miserable lie.